Please share your birth story

Vonn55

For me, i had epidural for my both labours..
1st girl, started with contraction pain in the middle of the night, but i endure the pain till 9am den rush to hospital..
Feel so painful but yet my waterbag haven't burst... till it's like 4pm i'm dilated 6cm, doc help me to burst my waterbag..
Pain got stronger n "can't be explain", it's like draining my energy so i got no choice as i cannot tolerate the pain anymore so i request to have an epiduaral instead.. Delivered at 7+pm..

2nd boy, i also keep telling myself this time no more epidural or meds..
i started to bleed so i admitted straight into hospital, this time my contraction pain lasted for 16 hours!
I'm in the delivery suite for 2 days -.-"
Ended up having epidural too, really cannot endure already LOL...
I spent 21hours in total to deliver my no.2

Oh my...... Now already having backaches due to epidural =(

Ain1707

aiyo.. so sorry for u. I try to avoid epi if possible and want it to be all natural(hopefully!) How long have u been having this backache??

Vonn55

Actually on n off will have backaches example if I sit too long, or stand too long backaches will find me eventually...
Not as bad for as though.. As I take really good care of myself during confinement period..
Sometimes I would just go for a massage if I happen to be free:)

yummygums

I had cramps on a Saturday morning, unfortunately, hubby had to work for half day. The cramps comes on and off until 8pm. Amazingly, I had time to eat and nap until 8pm, decided to go hospital.

At the hospital, the nurses had to check the contractions via the CTG scan to see how far apart are the contractions. Apparently, my contractions are 3-5mins apart, but i only felt pain at every 15mins. So they decided to let me go home, but hubby was reluctant that we had to travel to and fro. we decided to have dinner at the hospital while monitoring the pain. But it got more and more severe to the extend i had to stop walking or eating each time the pain comes.

At 10pm we decided to do the administrative work to ward myself. Straight away was wheeled to the labour ward, at 11pm the anesthetist came to inject the epidural and afterwards, burst the water bag.

Relieved from the epidural, rested until 5am, to find that I am fully dilated already. Gynae was being called, and started to push, at first attempt they said it was good(used the right tactic) but i needed to use more force. However they needed to cut me as I already had a little bit of tear :(

At 559am my baby girl was being pushed out after almost 1 hour of pushing.
And am glad she's growing healthy and strong after 3months :)

yummygums

After the epidural wears off, it can get quite painful. And it is also scary to pee for the first time, but fortunately, they have this cooling pad which you use just like Kotex but it is cold that helps to relieve the pain.

MamaDT

After the epidural wears off, it can get quite painful. And it is also scary to pee for the first time, but fortunately, they have this cooling pad which you use just like Kotex but it is cold that helps to relieve the pain.
Hi Yummugums,

Which hospital did u deliver ur baby?

Does TMC provide the cooling pad to relieve the pain?

Thanks! :)

Th0mS0n d0eSnt pr0vide the c00ling pad.. they 0nly iSSue 1 packet 0f maternity l00p & alS0 1 packet 0f diSp0Sable undieS...

breadgal

I deliver in mt alvernia they never provide oso.. Actually e cut is not very pain(if u can survive e labour without epi,it's nothing already) juz feeling sore.. Dun worry u will b given pain killer.. I was able 2 walk on e 2nd day..

My birth experience g0eS like thiS...

On the 11th june, went t0 TMC aS im having Sp0ttingS.. waS really damn w0rried baby might p0p 0n that day aS my gynae waS n0t ar0und.. hiS 0n AL...
WaS Send back aS d0ct0r there claim that my MucuS plug haS releaSed & im 3cm dilated already... n0 feelingS 0f any c0ntracti0nS S0 far...

Nxt check up waS 18 june.. that week im praying hard that baby will n0t p0p aS my gynae will 0nly return 0n the 18june..
Within that week b4 check up.. everytink waS fine.. n0 Sign 0f lab0ur at all...

18 june, had my CTG d0ne... & wait f0r my gynae t0 call f0r my turn... during the wait i waS having unbearable c0ntracti0n... & i time the c0ntracti0nS interval.. & itS 2minS... i waS Sitting d0wn at that p0int.. S0 i tried t0 Stand.. h0ping that i might eaSe the pain.. i waS wr0ng.. aS S00n aS i g0t up... i feel guSh 0ff water fl0wing... 0h my!! Waterbag juz burSt.. inf0rm the gynae & waS inStructed t0 g0 h0Spital..
My hubby carried me aS i have difficulty walking.. & waive a cab.. .
Reach TMC at 2:15pm.. changed t0 the g0wn.. & 0ff t0 lab0ur ward... by that tyme.. i waS in pain.. really cann0t take it..
NurSe check f0r dilati0n.. & im Still 3cm..
I requeSted the laughing gaS.. & the jab 0n the thigh...
At 5:30pm i waS tranSfer t0 delivery Suite.. aS im already 9cm.. i gave birth my lil girl at 6pm.. i glad i manage t0 g0 thru w/0 epi... :D

madangel

My EDD was on 20th July but no sign of delivery at all during my check up on 20th July. Scheduled to go back for 25th July and still no sign of delivery. I'm schedule for induced on 30th July.

On 26th July there is bloody show so went back to clinic for checkup. But no sign of dilution and contraction pain so gynae sent me home.

27th July, i feel contraction pain but still bearable and is 10mins apart 6pm+ in evening time. Decided to call up my gyane and inform him my contraction at 8+pm and he advise me to proceed to hospital.

admitted into hospital at 9pm, midwife checked me and im 2cm diluted. she told me i will not delivery till the next day morning. Gynae came in 15mins later and said the same thing. the nurse asked me if wanna take jab, i was thinking not to take the jab so early as later the effect wear off if i delivery in the morning. Therefore did not go for the jab, only asked for laughing gas to standby

at about 10+pm I've strong contraction pain and after 2-3 wave of contraction, my water bag burst and it was so painful that i requested for jab. But i was told its too late to take Jab the effect will only come after i delivery, the midwife advise me not to waste money on the jab. I was thinking duno how can i make it thru it was like OMG.

Midwife check for dilution & im 7cm diluted & I've the urge to push the baby out but midwife advise me not to push cos im not fully diluted and will tear my uterus. She asked me to concentrate on breathing the laughing gas. I breathe in real hard on the gas and feel relieved.

Finally my gynae came in and delivered my baby at 11.27pm.

Ain1707

Hi Shalynn,

Thanks for sharing.
Did the jab on the thigh really help?? And did u have to pay the extra cost for it?
did u also tear or kena cut??
Sorry for too much question. :eek:

Ain1707

Hi Madangel,

How to actually know whether its a real contraction? Im just scared that i dont know how to differentiate and start timing. But after all the pain u still managed to tahan, even without the jab :) im just curious, what did u do when the painful contractions came??

Nana2306

hi ain, it's like mensus cramps. it come n goes. i was super excited wen i had it till forget to time it. haha! it gets nearer n nearer. wen u find da frequency gets nearer, just time it.

madangel

Hi Madangel,

How to actually know whether its a real contraction? Im just scared that i dont know how to differentiate and start timing. But after all the pain u still managed to tahan, even without the jab :) im just curious, what did u do when the painful contractions came??
Hi Ain1707

It's like menses cramp. During the strong pain I've the laughing gas. It's quite an experience cos I feel the baby coming out from the birth canal.

Ain1707

Oh man.. I got 26 more days to go!! Getting more and more nervous right now. Will be having 37 weeks check up on Monday. Can the dr tell if u have any progress?? Besides checking for dilation?

Nana2306

from da baby's position, i think so... talk to ur baby on which day u wan him to pop. tink dat helps too. i kip talking to my baby.my EDD was 5 Jan n i was hoping he comes out on 1 jan. me n hubby kip talking to him. den on 31 Dec night, i was hoping to get some signs but nothing. i told my bb if u dun wanna come out, no new clothes for him. on 1 jan morning ard 8+, i got a bloody show!