Dr Adrian Woodworth at Compass Point

MommyDioR

hi, do i've to pay the 800 deposit to the clinic or straight away at hospital? If straight away at hospital, will the hospital charge me again and do I've to book it myself? I'm seeing him in few wks time.. I need more information of the charges.. who to pay to and who will be booking the hospital for me..

Thanks!

newmum80

hi, do i've to pay the 800 deposit to the clinic or straight away at hospital? If straight away at hospital, will the hospital charge me again and do I've to book it myself? I'm seeing him in few wks time.. I need more information of the charges.. who to pay to and who will be booking the hospital for me..

Thanks!
If financially you are stable, and if he asked for $800 deposit from u. You can pay him on his clinic. This will be deducted off and hospital will only bill you the balance you owe him. He will help you to book the hospital for u but if u have special request etc., u can also go down & register & let them knw which bedded u prefer etc. Hospital upon admission will charge you $1200. Upon discharge, you settling the bill, you will be able to knw whether u need to top up or they have to refund u $.

Dreamrat

Think $800 is before gst. I paid $850 as deposit. I just delivered on 9 May. As I went from normal delivery to GA, there is no balance to be returned.

Overall, I like him though he is a bit cold. He will give advice when he thinks it is necessary. The c-sec was great too. I can walk on second day. The pain is bearable for person like me who have very low threshold for pain.

After delivery, they scheduled me to visit him on 2 weeks for follow up. Then, next follow up will be 2 months later. Glad that I dun have to pay for these follow-up cos the final bill for my delivery was so expensive ($4800 excluding the deposit). Ps: I stayed in single-bed room.

MommyDioR

Hi newmum80 & dreamrat, thanks for clarifying.. since there won't be any confusion made between him and hospital of the charges, I'll process to let them settle and book for me..

on the day of admission, I just have to bring down the deposit receipt that I've made earlier at the clinic will do right?

Anne Gan

Hi newmum80 & dreamrat, thanks for clarifying.. since there won't be any confusion made between him and hospital of the charges, I'll process to let them settle and book for me..

on the day of admission, I just have to bring down the deposit receipt that I've made earlier at the clinic will do right?
I pay my deposit at clinic as well. But seem like Dr Adrain will deducted directly from his doc fees. Hospital will just collect whatever Dr Adrain quoted. So bringing receipts seem useless.

destiny

My wife saw him for the first few months, from 6 weeks till she was about 6 months pregnant, we are ok with him being quiet and very fast with his consultation. His fees are also ok. But what we are not comfortable is that he did not measure my wife's weight and tell us anything about the baby growth during the 1st 6 months. Everytime we see him, he only tell us “他his is baby heart beat, everything ok. Any questions" He didn't even measure my wife's blood pressure

I've asked around and all my friends told me measuring BP, taking weight and monitoring baby's weight is the norms during follow up checkups. Don't need to ask the doctor should also do. But Dr Adrian did not do it for us. So we decided to change doctor. Now our new Gynae will do all the above each time we visit without us asking.

Cost wise, Adrian cost is reasonable if you take his package. And please do bear in mind, if you sign up his package and later tell him you are going to deliver with other doctors, he might tell you that you will need to pay the previous visits by per visit, which means it is likely you will need to top up, this is what nearly happened to me. But I did not pay because I only went for about 4~5 visits which the $550 is more than enough to cover.

As for giving birth at Thomson, I've went for a few hospital visits. Thomson is average pricing, but its not the cheapest and most worth money among the private hospital. Glen E gives a very attractive package. When I mean attractive, it doesn't mean what you see from the brochures, but after comparing total final bill size (including all those expendables). My suggestion to all mummies is that if cost is a concern, you should look around more before deciding which Gynae and hospital to go. Because each hospital definitely have a few very good gynaes.

Just my 2 cents worth of comments :) Hope this is helpful

Anne Gan

Hi Destiny, But My C-Section experience is really ZERO pain. Dont denied he is cold but think his surgical skill is really good. I do agreed Thomson charger abit ex la. But scary as heard people paying more than 10K for Mount E & Glen E. Anyway, glad you are happy with your new gynae.

angelieyes12

I am now in 22 weeks and i have been seeing Dr Woodworth for my prenatal checkup. i have acquired his pacakge. However, I wonder why the nurse in the clinic asked me that I would need to pay deposit for the delivery sgd 1,712 (1,600+GST). His professional fee for normal delivery is 1,350...dont know why the extra charge? Nurse told me to ask him. i have not't though, maybe on the next visit.

My colleague was never asked for any professional fee upfront. Only after delivery, some more it's like I have to pay more that 100% of his professional fee as deposit. Is this normal? Do I really need to pay that much...I still in 5 mos preggy.

Anne Gan

I am now in 22 weeks and i have been seeing Dr Woodworth for my prenatal checkup. i have acquired his pacakge. However, I wonder why the nurse in the clinic asked me that I would need to pay deposit for the delivery sgd 1,712 (1,600+GST). His professional fee for normal delivery is 1,350...dont know why the extra charge? Nurse told me to ask him. i have not't though, maybe on the next visit.

My colleague was never asked for any professional fee upfront. Only after delivery, some more it's like I have to pay more that 100% of his professional fee as deposit. Is this normal? Do I really need to pay that much...I still in 5 mos preggy.
Keep me update. I want to know also! My C-sect deposit in clinic is only 850. But please note: Doc Professional Fees clinic quote does not include doctor visit fees when you are in hospital!

destiny

Hi Destiny, But My C-Section experience is really ZERO pain. Dont denied he is cold but think his surgical skill is really good. I do agreed Thomson charger abit ex la. But scary as heard people paying more than 10K for Mount E & Glen E. Anyway, glad you are happy with your new gynae.
That's why I feel that its individual preferences. It will be up to the Couple's decision whom they want to choose depending on their preferences whether they mind certain things or not.

For cost wise, I've also heard of those cases too. But irregardless of Hospital, once there are complications, the bill size will always be in astronomical amounts.

That's why i just posted my comment here for reference only. :)

Anne Gan

That's why I feel that its individual preferences. It will be up to the Couple's decision whom they want to choose depending on their preferences whether they mind certain things or not.

For cost wise, I've also heard of those cases too. But irregardless of Hospital, once there are complications, the bill size will always be in astronomical amounts.

That's why i just posted my comment here for reference only. :)
Maybe afterall, KK is the cheapest! Those 10K and above I heard is withour complication, just normal delivery. Aiya, delivery in singapore is expensive la.

ocoloco79

Hi Ladies, I just went for mount A and thomson hospital tour. I prefer Thomson somehow. Have a few queries. It is stated that we can claim medisave up to $2500 hospital fees and $1450 doc fees. I will be on C sect, so my hospital fees already $3778 for single bedded but I can only claim $2500. Doc fees possible to amount to $1450? If not then I will ended up under claim? Anyone took up the First born incentive card at $148? There is this 5% discount on maternity prof fees, is Dr adrian's patient entitled to this 5%? How much can we save? I realised Mount A card only $68, quite some difference...

purpur

do u ladies pay Dr Adrian his professional fees deposit upfront in his clinic which e nurse asked for or pay together when after delivery at hospital ??

Xmercury

Just don't really understand why so many people is crazy over this doctor?my wife see him once and we both said that we will never going to see him again and just a normal check up due to my wife sudden pain so I ask her to go and see him....but the waiting is so long but the seeing this doctor is just like 2 mins and I have to pay around $180.00 just for 2 mins to check on the baby.... He's too cold for us...IMO....

mumbear

Hi, beside the deposit of $800+++ paid at the clinic, the deposit for the hospitalisation, can we use credit card or must pay by cash/Nets? How about the full settlement upon discharge? can use by credit card?

can anyone also share her recent experience through natural delivery by Dr Adrian? Thanks!

Zouere

Hi, beside the deposit of $800+++ paid at the clinic, the deposit for the hospitalisation, can we use credit card or must pay by cash/Nets? How about the full settlement upon discharge? can use by credit card?

can anyone also share her recent experience through natural delivery by Dr Adrian? Thanks!
Hi mummies,

Yes I would like to learn any natural delivery experience by Dr Adrian too. I've signed his package, but am having doubts, cos every time I ask him about natural birth options, sounds like he's trying to make csection an easier way out... Has anyone has natural delivery by him? And he does not seem keen to wait beyond 40wks, and quite rudely ask me to go dr. Paul Tseng if I wanna wait beyond, cos he does not want to deliver dead babies... Quite shocking to hear that... Any advice pls? I'm 34wks now. Afraid it's too late to change doctor...

Jesskoo

Hi zouere, I'm also under him, juz change my gynae when 33 weeks plus. Went to kkh by ref from poly clinic myself. Nw I'm 34 going 35 weeks.

destiny

I changed from Adrian to KK when my baby is 28 weeks. But do be careful if you tell him you not going to take up with him cos his package has a clause saying he will charge you by per visit if you do not deliver with him. Irregardless, I still changed my gynae and I did not regret that decision.

Zouere

I changed from Adrian to KK when my baby is 28 weeks. But do be careful if you tell him you not going to take up with him cos his package has a clause saying he will charge you by per visit if you do not deliver with him. Irregardless, I still changed my gynae and I did not regret that decision.
Hi Destiny & Jesskoo,
Thanks for sharing. May I know your reasons for changing? And did you both have to pay the additional fees (outside of package)? Did you have to tell him in person, or just inform the nurses at recept? Did they release your medical records to you or to your new gynae? Thanks mummies.

Jesskoo, I've turned 35wks today too! When's your edd? Mine's 14 Sept. :)

destiny

Hi Destiny & Jesskoo,
Thanks for sharing. May I know your reasons for changing? And did you both have to pay the additional fees (outside of package)? Did you have to tell him in person, or just inform the nurses at recept? Did they release your medical records to you or to your new gynae? Thanks mummies.

Jesskoo, I've turned 35wks today too! When's your edd? Mine's 14 Sept. :)
Main reasons for changing is because we are not comfortable with his methods of diagnosis. Basically he did not perform any of the basic checks each time we visit him, like taking weight, taking blood pressure, blood sugar level, telling us baby estimated weight; etc. Each time going in is like going to a war zone, quick in quick out. So we are not very comfortable with him till our baby is 27 weeks old.

And also considering the fact that he is private practitioner, we also considered the fact that in case there is any complications during birth, it all depends on his experience whether he has handled this situation before. If he never handle it before, we do not know what will happen and I'm not prepared to take that risk.

Considering all these, we decided to go KK. Overall, the doctors and the mid-wives are quite professional. Throughout the whole process, I was pretty assured by the medical care. At any one time, you will always have the mid-wife who will be in the delivery room with you, the doctor (or MO) was always there when the baby is near delivery (~6cm dilation).

Overall cost wise, it was ~$3k for the delivery and $900+ for the baby stay. So i end up paying $1k cash and the rest medisave. From my understanding of TMC cost, this is definitely lower. Judging from the fact that we stayed in a 1 bedded room.