EDD Nov 2012 mummies here

nature59

Breastfeeding is alright except newborns are pretty easily sleepy and tend to suckle while they sleep. So need to consistently wake my baby up when breastfeeding her.

By right should have colostrum now instead of milk flow. I can't see mine but my lactation consultation could.
Hi Teriwinkle, is colostrum clear liquid?

GG2012

Step into 36 weeks, reli feel tired easier, the tummy also heavier can't walk too long....
and strange that my appetite not very good in this week too (was very good from day 1 of my pregnancy).
All mummies ask me to enjoy the last month, but sometimes reli want my baby comes out earlier :p

Hi Terwinkle

Sorry to disturb u..hehe..would u be able to share with us how will breast feeding be? :p

So after birth, the nurse will push bb to you for breast feeding..is it true that first time only colostrum? So now day 2 for u.. u hv milk coming in areadi? Will u be very tired to do breastfeed every 2hrs? :) worried about supply of breastmilk.

Thanks so much.

fynzy

Same here! Week 36 and it feels like there is no longer any space in my tummy. Hard to sleep and walk. I feel so breathless even if I just stand... feet get so tired. And also both hands and fingers are permanently cramped due to water retention. And I'm still suffering from my itchiness problem. Really cant wait for all these to end.

GG2012:710954 said:
Step into 36 weeks, reli feel tired easier, the tummy also heavier can't walk too long....
and strange that my appetite not very good in this week too (was very good from day 1 of my pregnancy).
All mummies ask me to enjoy the last month, but sometimes reli want my baby comes out earlier :p

Congrats Teriwinkle,
True true, after epidural subside, I vomitted twice, not much appetitive . My baby weighs 2.540 kg. everything went well till today . Now trying to pump some milk. Lol.
JiAyou :)

Was feeling pretty drowsy and nauseous from the epidural. Anyway, I managed to push my baby out in 30minutes. I was feeling all comfy to log on to forum coz of the epidural.

Baby's weight is quite small, 2.528kg only but it was easier to push lol. You won't be able to eat once epidural is used. But before that, I didn't have much appetite too coz contractions were too painful.

Yup it was quite wet.
My water bag broke when I was abt to slp. So I m considering quite lucky. Normally I will put a liner on my panty. So at least it helps abit. The water bag is non sticky so not very difficult to clear. It was quite a lot though. I put on a maternity pad n a towel when I was in my husband car. Maybe u can bring along a maternity pad n a small towel in ur bag in case .
Hope it helps :)

Have a question mummies, maybe teriwinkle and wobblymummy can help. When your water bag burst and we are sitting on sofa or sleeping then how to clear up the mess huh? Will it get really wet?? Wondering if I need to put waterproof protector below my butt wherever I am hehe

Yup first time There s colostrum. Baby will be push to u once u settle down in a ward. Was quite lost but the nurses will teach u wat to do. Everything goes quite smoothly . Although I'm so sleepy but glad that the hospital staff is so nice . Having enough rest n was well taken for both. Now trying to pump while typing . Lol . Good time to rest n share :)
Hi Terwinkle

Sorry to disturb u..hehe..would u be able to share with us how will breast feeding be? :p

So after birth, the nurse will push bb to you for breast feeding..is it true that first time only colostrum? So now day 2 for u.. u hv milk coming in areadi? Will u be very tired to do breastfeed every 2hrs? :) worried about supply of breastmilk.

Thanks so much.

Hi Wobblymummy

Thanks so much for sharing. :)

Can check if we wan to have more milk faster, is it we must keep latch bb every two hrs n pump only if after latch still got extra milk? Or it is all rite for us to pump n latch bb together immediately after we deliver? Thanks :)

teriwinkle

For total breastfeeding, according to the lactation consultant, feed on demand. For partial breastfeeding would be 3 hours interval.

I don't have milk yet, only latch bb on to stimulate the milk supply hopefully to reduce the pain from the engorgement days later (either day 3 or 4 after delivery, milk supply will come in).

I'm surprisingly not tired at all. Have been feeding my baby formula milk because she still gets hungry despite me latching her on for 30mins. Evidence of no milk lol.

I tried pumping out, also no milk. So just take it as stimulating the breast. They actually have got tablets to help generate faster milk supply but don't wanna take the risk coz of certain side effects. Therefore, shall wait for my milk to come in.

barneybaby:710956 said:
Hi Terwinkle

Thanks so much.

Hi Terwinkle

Thanks for sharing too. :)

I hope to have total breastfeed..so worried what if no milk.

Is it all rite to reject the nurse not to give formulae? But if reject, scare bb hungry..how? Or the nurse will advise us when we at hospital?

if we want to latch bb, is it no good to pump straight after birth? Or it is ok to pump & latch at the same time?

Thanks.

Hi Teriwinkle, what's the side effects of the tablets that stimulate milk supply?

For total breastfeeding, according to the lactation consultant, feed on demand. For partial breastfeeding would be 3 hours interval.

I don't have milk yet, only latch bb on to stimulate the milk supply hopefully to reduce the pain from the engorgement days later (either day 3 or 4 after delivery, milk supply will come in).

I'm surprisingly not tired at all. Have been feeding my baby formula milk because she still gets hungry despite me latching her on for 30mins. Evidence of no milk lol.

I tried pumping out, also no milk. So just take it as stimulating the breast. They actually have got tablets to help generate faster milk supply but don't wanna take the risk coz of certain side effects. Therefore, shall wait for my milk to come in.

teriwinkle

I insisted on total breastfeed too but the baby doctor there in the nursery room said all babies must pee and pass motion twice before discharge. I had no choice but to allow partial breastfeeding since I have no milk at the moment and baby is crying coz she's hungry.

Pump and latch on is the best!

barneybaby:710995 said:
Hi Terwinkle

Thanks for sharing too. :)

I hope to have total breastfeed..so worried what if no milk.

Is it all rite to reject the nurse not to give formulae? But if reject, scare bb hungry..how? Or the nurse will advise us when we at hospital?

if we want to latch bb, is it no good to pump straight after birth? Or it is ok to pump & latch at the same time?

Thanks.

teriwinkle

Once you take the tablet, it's for long term and if you attempt to stop the usage, must stop gradually, not immediately else will have risk of high fever. My hubby and I were quite dubious about depending on it in the long run although it's claimed to be a herbal supplement. We would rather take cooked food that can generate milk supply.

apricotgem:710997 said:
Hi Teriwinkle, what's the side effects of the tablets that stimulate milk supply?

Hmm.. My milk supply is quite little yet. But I feel very sore n my breast enlarge quite a bit now. Maybe tomolo be better. My confinement lady said quite gd for third day. She brewing Papaya soup tml for me. N cook fish every meal. I did some massage n apply warm towel on it. It did help abit. Then after that if u feel sore apply the ice pad on it. My husband bought the avent pad is quite gd. I trying to pump as much I can now. Most importantly I think u should try to relax. JiAyou :)

Wobblymummy, when did your milk supply come in?