EDD March 2013

NeyMO

hi gtss, i've previously shared abt mattress for baby.. but nevertheless, maybe i share again in case some mummies missed out..

the best is to get pocketed spring/spring mattress.. the 2nd best is memory foam.. as for latex mattress some say it's good, some so it's not good.. my cousin bought coconut husk mattress for his baby.. he felt that his baby cant sleep so well as compared on sleeping on his spring mattress.. it's also recommended to have baby mattress to be minimum 5 inches..

i have just bought a 2nd-hand bimbo-bello cot at $200 and ordered a spring mattress from spring maternity at $199..
this should last my baby to at least 3-4 y/o.. hope my info helps! =D
Just a sharing the benefit of natural latex. :001_302:

1. Naturally orthopedic
Since natural latex is dense and easily conforms to body weight, it provides superior spinal support for a growing baby. While still offering a comfortable, soft sleep top, a latex crib mattress provides just the right amount firmness for your child's body.

2. Hypoallergenic
Latex material is a natural deterrent to dust mites, bacteria and microbes that can infest many traditional mattresses no matter how clean you keep them. A latex baby mattress is highly hypoallergenic because the material is so dense that it literally repels dust mites from infesting the material. Latex stays dryer as well and does not have problems with mold or mildew if you just simply keep the mattress dry.

3. Safer - Because of the natural properties in latex, there are no chemical residues that your child might breathe as it off gasses. Also, since latex is dense and provides a moderately firm sleep surface, you child will not run the chance of suffocation if she happens to turn over on her face in the night. And again, the material is highly hypoallergenic which is a plus for many parents.

4. Durable - If you want a mattress that will continue to be resilient no matter how much use it sees, then you will be pleased with a latex crib mattress. Organic latex can well last for up to 10 years if properly cared for and you can use the mattress for more than one child if that is your plan.

Myself will be buying natural latex for my lit precious because it doesnt accumulate House duct mite as other type of mattress which is reduce the allergy. My hubby has inherit sort of skin allergy so I think it is best to get the natural latex for his son :001_302: haha... Also you may want to refer to following thread that actually natural latex wont get warm as other type of mattress which baby could have higher quality of sleeping. But natural latex is much more expensive than others which simply cost >$250 for only 3". But my hubby still think it is worth to buy :001_302:

http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f40/type-mattress-baby-10080/

Last edited:

NeyMO

Baby Gender Board March 2013

Currently 14 boys Vs 9 gals

NeyMO - Prince Thomson Medical Center Mar 1
blurbabe - Prince Mount A Mar 1
mhjt - Prince Singapore General Hospital Mar 3
Neuros - Prince Mount A Mar 7
Fioray- Prince Thomson Medical Center Mar 8
teens09 - Prince Mount A Mar 10
Milyve- Prince Mt A Mar 12
aps -
Prince Thomson Medical Center/Mount A Mar 16
gtss -
Prince Kandang Kerbau Hospital Mar 19
Purpleliciousmummy- Prince Thomson Medical Center Mar 22
happy queen - Prince Mount A Mar 25
wan81-
Prince Thomson Medical Center Mar 26
Vodka- Prince Mount A Mar 29
Putri - Prince Kandang Kerbau Hospital Mar 31

Apr Gal - Princess Thomson Medical Center Feb 23
veryberry - Princess Kandang Kerbau Hospital Mar 11
Phycyj - Princess Mount Elizabeth Mar 13
MsSaggi- Princess Gleneagles Hospital Mar 14
Cagnes - Princess Thomson Medical Center Mar 15
Smilem - Princess Thomson Medical Centre Mar 19-20
Susannanation - Princess Thomson Medical Centre Mar 22
Oqleong - Princess Mar 22
Pooi Yan - Princess Kandang Kerbau Hospital Mar 22

bersionr - TBC Kandang Kerbau Hospital Mar 19
miffymiffy - TBC Thomson Medical Center Mar 16

NeyMO

Anyone of you experience this 'vibrating' feeling at the lower abdomen....?
Am currently at 23 weeks & have that feeling on & off....
Yes yes, MsSaggi, I also experience the "vibrating" feeling at whole baby bump :001_302:

You know what, there was one day I saw the "whole arm/elbow" of my lit precious out (<2 secs) .... Soooooooooooooooo exicited :001_302:

Apr gal

Anyone of you experience this 'vibrating' feeling at the lower abdomen....?
Am currently at 23 weeks & have that feeling on & off....
I felt tis quite some time ago, can't rmbr which week. I called it Osim massage chair feel, sometimes vibrating, sometimes trembling, sometimes squeezing n let go, exactly like a massage chair feel!!! Haha...

PuTRi

Thanks NeyMo & Susannanation. ^^,

Im just in my 20th week. Very active baby. Always feels him moving. His movement not tat so obvious. Jus feel of his weight shifting in my lower abdomens. However, i do felt tiny tapping sometimes. Usually, wen im hungry. Or maybe tat hes hungry... Lol.

My tummy is so obvious now. I gain prolly abt 6kg frm last chk-up abt 5-weeks ago!!! I wonder wats my wt at 9th mth... >.<"'

Hi Chocolate07,

Empire cut dress is a type of dress or top where the waist line is raised above the natural waistline, sometimes as high as right below the bust. Best on slender-on-top or petite figures, the empire dress creates the illusion of length and camouflages a bottom-heavy figure or thick waist. So far I haven't really go out to search for it. So lazy to shop.

I usually measure near slightly below the navel area .. You?

hi susannanation, hmm i havent come across such dresses, seesms hard to find..

erm i measure ard the baby bump area, is it correct ah?

mhjt

Just had my doctor's appointment. My boy is 909g. Haha. Doctor commented that his head circumference is big and femur length is really long. Not a concern. But doctor mention will monitor his growth next appointment.

I'm at 25 weeks now. But baby's weight is similar to a baby at 28-29 weeks. Doctor mentioned that not necessary that the EDD will be earlier. Still the same date as predicted earlier. :)

smilem

how your ultrascan?

Hi all mummies,
Today I went to have detailed scan ... my baby is very shy, her face is facing down ... so I need to half kneel for abt 10 mins, unsuccessful, and then need to walk abt half an hour and went back again the scan, still same position ... haha ... the doctor asked me to cough until my baby face is turned up ... haha
Last week I did complant my belly was painful and the gynae has arranged me to do ultrascan tomorrow morning ... hope that everything is fine ...

Hi Neymo, my baby is princess, EDD on 22 Mar at KK Hospital, please update to gender board ... thank ya ...

mhjt

Hello all, if you're in need of a evening dress/casual dress, please let me know. I have 2 very pretty dresses, brand new with tag, bought it online, rushed the delivery, but.....cannot fit well.

It's from ASOS, and it's really very pretty. Size UK 16, with the measurements, but realized it's too big for me. The prices include local postage, or we can meet for collection at Dover or Commonwealth. Anyone keen please let me know, can PM me or whatsapp me at 91848736.

ASOS Maternity Exclusive Dress With Grecian Drape In Jersey

Selling at SGD$46

ASOS Maternity Exclusive Dress with Ruched Bust

Selling at SGD$38

ASOS Maternity Size Guide

ASOS maternity clothes are cut larger on the bust waist and hips and are designed to fit the following body measurements.
Tip: Most often the maternity size which is correct for you will be the same size as you normally wear.
AU SizeBustWaistHips
InchesCMInchesCMInchesCM
How to measure

To choose the correct size for you, measure your body as follows:
1. Bust Measure around fullest part
2. Waist Measure around the fullest part
3. Low Hips You can find your low hip 20cm below your waistline

NeyMO

hey NeyMO, how frequent do u feel baby movement? every hour?
I remember in the first 2 weeks (20-22 weeks) baby will like to show his movement whenever I was doing my experiments and reading journals (both were at sitting position). Sometimes while I was standing and starring at MacDonald breakfast board during queueing and he started kicking. LOL...

Then from 22 weeks onwards till now, my baby moves more frequent and I could even feel his movement even walking. :001_302:

Do share with us when your baby start to move ya, chocolate07!! :001_302:

NeyMO

Just had my doctor's appointment. My boy is 909g. Haha. Doctor commented that his head circumference is big and femur length is really long. Not a concern. But doctor mention will monitor his growth next appointment.

I'm at 25 weeks now. But baby's weight is similar to a baby at 28-29 weeks. Doctor mentioned that not necessary that the EDD will be earlier. Still the same date as predicted earlier. :)
Wow.. I think our boys are really GIANT :001_302: haha....

I shared this with my colleagues and they said the BW only estimation. One of them had underestimated - 3.2kg during ultrasound but eventually come out with 3.6kg of boy. Another one had overestimated - 3.2kg during ultrasound but eventually come out with 2.9kg of girl.. So they said dun really believe those figure and eat what you want to eat in balance diet and maintain the suggested BW will do :001_302:

NeyMO

Hello all, if you're in need of a evening dress/casual dress, please let me know. I have 2 very pretty dresses, brand new with tag, bought it online, rushed the delivery, but.....cannot fit well.

It's from ASOS, and it's really very pretty. Size UK 16, with the measurements, but realized it's too big for me. The prices include local postage, or we can meet for collection at Dover or Commonwealth. Anyone keen please let me know, can PM me or whatsapp me at 91848736.

ASOS Maternity Exclusive Dress With Grecian Drape In Jersey

Selling at SGD$46

ASOS Maternity Exclusive Dress with Ruched Bust

Selling at SGD$38

ASOS Maternity Size Guide

ASOS maternity clothes are cut larger on the bust waist and hips and are designed to fit the following body measurements.
Tip: Most often the maternity size which is correct for you will be the same size as you normally wear.
AU Size
Bust
Waist
Hips
Inches
CM
Inches
CM
Inches
CM
How to measure

To choose the correct size for you, measure your body as follows:
1. Bust Measure around fullest part
2. Waist Measure around the fullest part
3. Low Hips You can find your low hip 20cm below your waistline

The dress is really really nice!! But I did my measurement and I only suit with UK10 the most for next month early wedding dinner,, : (

NeyMO

Thanks NeyMo & Susannanation. ^^,

Im just in my 20th week. Very active baby. Always feels him moving. His movement not tat so obvious. Jus feel of his weight shifting in my lower abdomens. However, i do felt tiny tapping sometimes. Usually, wen im hungry. Or maybe tat hes hungry... Lol.

My tummy is so obvious now. I gain prolly abt 6kg frm last chk-up abt 5-weeks ago!!! I wonder wats my wt at 9th mth... >.<"'
Putri, you mean you gain 6kg within 5 weeks time?

mhjt

The dress is really really nice!! But I did my measurement and I only suit with UK10 the most for next month early wedding dinner,, : (
Yeah lor. I measured wrongly. That's why can't fit. Haha.

If anyone else keen, let me know, for our March mummies, can negotiate price la. Lol.