EDD March 2013

mhjt

You mean on the right hand side of spring maternity store with some cots there? There was Baby kingdom. The left hand side was the stage. :001_302:

I like white cot as well : ) But the pass down cot from my husband's brother is wooden color.. haha.. so I bought the night owl bedsheet to match the theme.

Mhjt, you bought anything from the fair?
Thanks NeyMO! Nope didn't buy anything haha. Kinda wanna wait and see how big is this boy of ours. If he's a big, may not want to get too small a cot.

Got adviced from a mummy friend not to buy too small/narrow. Because as the baby learn to roll, when's bout 6 mths, they tend to roll around in the cot at night. If its a little wider, it gives them more space so they are not constantly banging their heads. Although you can get the bumpers that go around the cot to soften the impact, however lots of experts were warning against suffocation.

Hope this helps for those of you checking out cots.

I was tempted to buy the stroller. But price is not super good. Am thinking of getting the peg perego pliko p3, price was $644 at spring and baby hyperstore, online price is $580 on gloryspring.com. But the color I like denim is not available online.

Anyway, those going today, have fun!

mhjt

Oh another thing that I think would benefit us all is to check on the prices of the diff brands of diapers.

Eg price per piece. I forgot to take a pic of the Nepia diaper at the expo, they have a small piece of paper with the breakdown of the prices per piece for each size. If anyone go, try to do some market survey too!!

Heard from the experienced mom, Pet Pet and Huggies are cheap but Huggies causes rashes. Mamy Poko and Merries seems to be the more preferred one, but expensive.

There's so many brands, don't know which to first let the baby try. Haha. Apparently some babies bump will react different to different brands.

Apr gal

Won't get to go to d fair afterall as still not fully recover. If any mummies checking out d promo for Moo Moo Kow diapers pls share. Thanks. Hope I do not miss out any good deal.

Hi Chocolate 07! I guess it's because my bump is not super obvious yet. Measuring at 38 inches. So far I not buying maternity clothes as my friends advise me to just go normal stores and get a large for tshirts and clothes so in future I can still wear. I am now looking for those long dress that is empire cut cos I heard it compliments the baby bump and its unlike a maternity dress. Will start to go shopping for more clothes soon as I feel that I need more clothes soon.
Hello Susananation, just measured my waist. Wow... it is now 32.5 inches with 871g bb (24weeks) inside :err: Amazing.. I was 23 inches before preggi.. :eek:

Me too. Will go to shop for cloth whenever necessary. Currently only got 2 maternity tops and 1 pant.. Hubby always urge me to get more.. But really think wasted if only wear for 3 more months...
Hi Neymo! Wow you are measuring well!! Not bad your hubby urge you to get more.. Haha!

PooiYan

Hi mummies, I didn't go to baby fair, at initial I intend to buy diapers but since Neymo did mentioned JB will be cheaper and decide to go down JB to have a look ...
I jz known my baby gender so start to find the clothes for her ... really not cheap ah !!! I also cant resistant to buy everythings for her but my hubby said too early woh !!!
My baby bump is more obvious after 20 weeks and all my colleagues were shocked said suddently one nigh bump so obvious ... haha
My normal dresses & clothes really can't fit in liao ... and may need to start to wear maternity clothes liao ... haha

PooiYan

Hi Neymo, you meant ur EDD will be early abt a month ... izzit apply to every mummy ??? I have engaged a confinement lady throught agency and they have one criteria that during the cny (can't remember the period, shd be end of Feb) they will not have any confinement lady availabe ... haiz ... if it is true then I have a trouble since nobody can take care of me and my baby ... stressful

NeyMO

Hi Neymo, you meant ur EDD will be early abt a month ... izzit apply to every mummy ??? I have engaged a confinement lady throught agency and they have one criteria that during the cny (can't remember the period, shd be end of Feb) they will not have any confinement lady availabe ... haiz ... if it is true then I have a trouble since nobody can take care of me and my baby ... stressful
Hello PooiYan, the EDD will be changed every time of gynae visit depends on the baby growth. If you notice the ultrasound photo which indicate lot of info, then every info does show different EDD. If based on my bb's weight at 24weeks, then he might "pop out" on Feb 5.. haha.. But most of others info show the EDD range from Feb 5-24.

I heard my friends said it is quite hard to predict for first time pregnancy. The EDD only could used as estimation. My confinement lady will charge additional $500 if she needs to come over during CNY (除夕 till 初三). :embarrassed: She will charge normal $2300 from 初四 onwards. Then I talked this to my mummy. My mummy said she could come to take care of me during 除夕 till 初三 if my confinement period fall within that period :001_302:

You may want to check more detail (the exact date) about the availability of your confinement lady with your agent if your bb due during CNY. And also you could discuss this with your mummy or mother-in-law to see if they could take care of you and bb during the few days then will continue by your confinement lady?

Dun worries... everything will be fine :001_302: Jia You!!!

NeyMO

Hi mummies, I didn't go to baby fair, at initial I intend to buy diapers but since Neymo did mentioned JB will be cheaper and decide to go down JB to have a look ...
I jz known my baby gender so start to find the clothes for her ... really not cheap ah !!! I also cant resistant to buy everythings for her but my hubby said too early woh !!!
My baby bump is more obvious after 20 weeks and all my colleagues were shocked said suddently one nigh bump so obvious ... haha
My normal dresses & clothes really can't fit in liao ... and may need to start to wear maternity clothes liao ... haha
Yup, diapers and milk powders are cheaper in JB due to strong SGD currency. :eek: Also sometimes JB's shopping malls have numbers of member days that will more more cheaper.. And I always see a lot of SG cars go in and grab good lobang :eek:

Me too.. really can't resist to those clothing although my hubby already showed me yellow card to stop buying.. However my hubby bought a set of "Batman suit" for our bb.. Superb cute with good quality at Parenthood yesterday :eek:

Haha.... I believe everyone of us feel blessed with the shown baby bump :Dancing_wub:

NeyMO

Hi Neymo! Wow you are measuring well!! Not bad your hubby urge you to get more.. Haha!

Hi Susannanation, now I finally understand pregnant mummies with one figure = no figure at all ... hahaha :001_302: Really cant believe my tummy will blow like a ballon .....hahaha

NeyMO

Just notice that you are sharing the same EDD with other two mummies here - Susananation and Oqleong - Mar 22 :001_302: So nice..hahaha

PooiYan

Hi Neymo ... yaya I also noticed that, and also include Purpleliciousmummy ... haha

My mum is staying in Ipoh, Malaysia and my mother-in-law has minor stroke in Mar12 ... so very hard for them to take care my baby ...
:bsad:

hello mummies!

hope you ladies had a great weekend!
I went to the expo last week.. only manage to get a baby car seat.. $259 from newborn to 7 y/o.. even though by maybe 4 or 5 y/o already not sitting in car seat but muz buy a bigger one which is more spacious..

i thought of buying cot but didnt see anything that fancies me.. i wanted to get one with spring mattress and most of the vendors there only sell bed with latex/foam mattress.. the prices isn't very attractive as well.. so i'm thinking of getting a 2nd hand bed and buy a new spring mattress..

just to check if any mummies bought baby cot yet?

NeyMO

Hi Neymo ... yaya I also noticed that, and also include Purpleliciousmummy ... haha

My mum is staying in Ipoh, Malaysia and my mother-in-law has minor stroke in Mar12 ... so very hard for them to take care my baby ...
:bsad:
Oic... then you may want to confirm the CL with agency just in case your due fall within CNY.. How much you engage for your CL through agency? :eek:

NeyMO

hello mummies!

hope you ladies had a great weekend!
I went to the expo last week.. only manage to get a baby car seat.. $259 from newborn to 7 y/o.. even though by maybe 4 or 5 y/o already not sitting in car seat but muz buy a bigger one which is more spacious..

i thought of buying cot but didnt see anything that fancies me.. i wanted to get one with spring mattress and most of the vendors there only sell bed with latex/foam mattress.. the prices isn't very attractive as well.. so i'm thinking of getting a 2nd hand bed and buy a new spring mattress..

just to check if any mummies bought baby cot yet?
Hi purpleliciousmummy, $259 for a baby car seat from NB to 7 years old is a good bargain!! May I know the brand and also the shop name?

We fancied an australian brand car seat which is the most comfortable car seat that we had survey so far - $333. Still looking around for others.. LOL

Hi mummies!! Where do you get the baby's Chinese name from? My command of language is not good but I want choose a name. Clueless.
i think you can borrow some books from library..
they have some which guides you and tell you the meaning of the chinese characters..

but pls dun google.. most websites are juz english to chinese names translations..

Hi purpleliciousmummy, $259 for a baby car seat from NB to 7 years old is a good bargain!! May I know the brand and also the shop name?

We fancied an australian brand car seat which is the most comfortable car seat that we had survey so far - $333. Still looking around for others.. LOL
neymo..
the brand we bought is call JOIE.. it's a japanese brand and show room of the shop is at tagore lane.. call aprisin.. they also sell aprico, graco.. i bought with cash payment at expo so lady gave $20 discount to be $259.. original was $279.. but still a good buy!

this is the model i bought:
http://www.aprisin.com.sg/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=89&products_id=1547