EDD June 2013

But the amount can't be return even after the kids grown up right. Can only all the way use for education right? like childcare pri sch, secondary, poly,uni,ite. After that what will happen to the remaining amount.. if there is any left.. (most probably not)

roudx

I heard can use even for injections, doctors all that too. So I think 12k for till primary still okay. Especially if you intend to put ur child in infant care, childcare .. Cause it tends to cost quite a amount in long term... And the injections, doctors... I think the remaining amount will be refunded back to the parents.. Cause my friend also like that..

Mopiko

hello June mummies, I am 18 weeks today! can feel more kickings .. wat an amazing feeling!
and oh i stopped eating green bean totally for 2 weeks already and my discharge has become less.. Thanks misolive for the tips!

Counting down my weeks to 29 June.. :)

mrsred

Hi everyone! I went for my gynae appt today at 20 weeks and gynae said 99% girl. Was hoping for boy cos already have a girl. But i guess 2 girls, 2 years difference will look quite sweet tog, almost like twins. :)

Missolive, i asked my gynae abt the tailbone pain. She said could be due to baby's head pushing on my pevic bone during delivery last time. Although should have healed, but maybe current baby is pressing on it and aggravate old injury. Like u, i only felt this tailbone pain recently... I bought a donut seat cushion online and it seems to work for now. :)

Roudz, Daddybiker: Yah, the CDA account (the one where the govt matches dollar to dollar up to 6k) can be used for jabs, pd visits, health pdts at pharmacy, infant/childcare and stem cord storage. So definitely can find a use for it. Unused amts will be transferred to Edusave acct all the way to JC and then CPF/Medisave (if still have balance). :)

missolive

Mopiko, good to hear :) no problem we help each other here ya :)

Mrsred, wow i always want to have 2 girls, envy hehe..I am sure they will be very close like friends. My sisters are one of the biggest blessing in my life. I have one boy, this one probably a boy too, will have the check up this monday to confirm, cannot wait hee..oh btw, thanks for the info abt the pain. Now I'm using a cushion too hehe..

Btw mommies here do the stem cord bank? I didn't do for the first one. I'm wondering whether it is necessary?

Qian1984

hi missolive! stemcord i have, for my first girl. i feel for "IN CASE" purpose, should at least have one cos you never know what will happen. maybe you should consider getting this time round then at least if really suay suay they still can Share Share use TOUCHWOOD la.. you not necessary hv to keep until age 25, when you feel that cover long enough nothing happen then stop oso can..

mrsred

I'm going to store with stemcord this time round! Didnt do it for no.1. My friend did a comparison between stemcord and cordlife. Cordlife is a bit cheaper. Stemcord stores the cord blood as 2 packs, 2 dif locations. For both places, each pack can only be opened/used once. Cannot "re-store" whatever is left. That's why we're going for Stemcord.

I also want prenatal massage!! Anyone can recommend? Faitheee, pls let me know if h hear of any!

Qian1984

mopiko: For more info, you can go to stemcord.com. And for your quick reference,

StemCord Pricing
1. Enrolment Fee (Initial One-time Payment)
Single​
Total Fee:Enrolment fees are due upon signing of Agreement and prior to the Collection Kit being given.
S$1,580*​
2. Annual Storage Fee
1st year Payment due upon enrolment
FOC​
2nd year onwardsPayment will be due on the 1st day of the birth-month of client’s child
S$275.00*​

with referrals, u get discount for it, i forgot how many percent. I signed up through a friend and now my friends sign up through me to enjoy the discounts. You can get my particulars if u want. :) then in comparison to cordlife, stemcord is better because the store the cells individually, tts the reason why i chose it in the first place.

for prenatal massage, previously the one i went is v expensive, $240 for 90mins i think, and basically they dun dare to massage you hard so not shiok too. so this time i nv go for any prenatal massage. so not recommended.

roudx: in case in future bb kenna blood cancer or some disorders, instead of having to wait for some donation of bone marrow which chances are v low, we can use their own cordblood cells to save their lives. something like insurance loh. last time i nv think too much abt life until when you hv your own bb, its so different. sometimes i think their lives more impt than my own. but then parents' lifes are equally impt now cos we need to be alive in order to take gd care of them. so just treat it as buy an "amulet". lol

Qian1984

first yr u pay $1000+ for the deposit (can deduct fr CDA), subsequently after discount shld be 100+ for the annual storage which i'm paying now.