EDD June 2013

missolive

Hi Qian, thanks for the info on stemcord. I will discuss with hubby later :)

I just had my FA test today. Everything is great, thank God. And confirm is boy boy again haha. Btw, I think most mommies now are ard 5 months. I wonder how much weight gain you girls get? I gain only 1kg from pre pregnancy cos lose weight during first few months. But gynae said it's ok.

Faitheee

I have not put on weight yet. In fact, i lost 3kg from pre pregnancy, bcos of poor appetite and falling sick. But thank God baby's at the right weight & size.

Ssurprise

I just had my FA test today. Everything is great, thank God. And confirm is boy boy again haha. Btw, I think most mommies now are around 5 months. I wonder how much weight gain you girls get? I gain only 1kg from pre pregnancy cos lose weight during first few months. But gynae said it's ok.
I just weighed myself and gained 5kg! Belly showing already...good la, at least people wouldn't mistake my size as being fat. :p

Thinking of going for prenatal massage tomorrow.. Having backache....

Mopiko

I just had my FA test today. Everything is great, thank God. And confirm is boy boy again haha. Btw, I think most mommies now are ard 5 months. I wonder how much weight gain you girls get? I gain only 1kg from pre pregnancy cos lose weight during first few months. But gynae said it's ok.
I've gained almost 3kg. hehe my belly button is gonna pop-out soon. so scary haha

I contacted both Cordlife.. and asked them why should I choose Cordlife over Stemcord. This is the answer..

1. Storing of your child's umbilical cord blood is basically the storage of the stem cells in the cord blood. Therefore an important aspect of this would be in the processing and extraction of stem cells.

• [FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, sans-serif]Cordlife has invested in the Swiss made, US FDA approved Sepax automated stem cell processing technology which is safe, sterile and fully automated - So that you can get more stem cells which will in turn correlate with a higher chance for transplant success. [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, sans-serif]This processing method can extract up to 99% of the stem cells in the cord blood. [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, sans-serif]Stemcord has not made such investments and is using a manual processing method which will enable an extraction rate of approximately 80%. This is already up from their previous approximate rate of 65% from a few years ago. [/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, sans-serif]2. Accreditation Body's are an important aspect of cord blood banks much like ISO's. [/FONT]

• [FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, sans-serif]Cordlife is accredited by the American Association of Blood Banks (AABB) since 2005. This ensures the highest quality of services and care is rendered by our company. Stringent checks are held every 2 years and we have never failed to be accredited. [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, sans-serif]Stemcord is FACT-NETCord accredited since last year, 2011. This is also why there has been a change in their processing methods, collection materials thus raising their stem cells extraction rates. Prior to 2011, they were storing the cord blood in test tubes etc. [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, sans-serif]*Please note that the Singapore Cord Blood Bank also uses AABB accreditation standards. This only goes to show how recognized the accreditation body is. [/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, sans-serif]3. Storage of Cells.[/FONT]

• [FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, sans-serif]Stemcord claims that storing the cells in two locations is a positive trait. As in the case of natural disasters or other unfortunate incidents, at least half the stem cells are saved. [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, sans-serif]The locations which the stem cells are stored by Stemcord is Science Park 1 and Science Park 2. If a natural disaster were to occur, most probably both Science Parks will not be spared. [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, sans-serif]This practice of storing the stem cells in two separate locations is done mostly in the US, where there are justifications for doing so. However, even the largest cordblood bank in the US stores it in one location. [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, sans-serif]When the cord blood unit has to be used, it has to be removed from cryopreservation. Storing it in 2 locations doubles the risk of anything going wrong when preparing the sample, double the risks of anything going wrong during transportation and doubles the risk as it has to be recombined together once again. [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, sans-serif]*Please note that the Singapore Cord Blood Bank does not support the splitting of cord blood units as well.[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, sans-serif]
Now i am thinking if i should go with Cordlife instead? what do you think? comments pls.. :) Thanks!

Oh.. Price wise.. i think both are about the same...
[/FONT]

roudx

Wah.. I gain 4KG, but friends/colleagues around me say I didn't grow fat at all.. I'm wondering my stomach is 4kg ?? :O

About the stemcord/cordlife, for the 1st time right, we have to pay $1k+++ , by cash or any other form of payment?

Mopiko

roudx, if u planning to use CDA, then you dont need to pay a single cent till baby is born. They will give you 1-2 months time to setup CDA account then they'll deduct from there.

Mopiko

Not sure. From what I know.. CDA account can only be created when u apply for birth cert? Should wait for the baby to born first then gov will give the $$ hehehehe

roudx

But from what I know, they will take it from ur BB the moment you give birth? Then how gonna wait for the $$ to charge me if i can only open when i apply birth cert? o.o So confusing..

Mopiko

they will take the cord directly during delivery.. If you plan to use CDA, they will just take ur Credit Card number when u register now.. just incase your CDA account is not opened/approved... then they will just charge the $$$ from your credit card later. Hope this explains. :)

mrsred

Oh no! Now i dunno whether to choose Stemcord or Cordlife! What do u all think??

My belly is showing, belly button pop liao but didnt gain any weight from pre-pregnancy cos i lost weight during 1st trimester

Ssurprise

Mrsred, I haven't decided which one to register with yet. Maybe stemcord cause there's a intro discount if go through friends..

have any of you sign up for the prenatal course yet? Think it's time to register of you think you are going for one... About 20 weeks can register already. I did mine :)

lalagal

Congratulations to all mummies to be in June :) anyone interested to get red yeast rice wine? Please pm me for contact :)

Apr gal

Hi, any mummies interested to get Avents sterilizer? I hv extra 2sets as gift from frens. Brand new in box, US set. Selling at SGD 75. If interested pls PM me. Thanks.

Qian1984

eh i was brought to the page where daddybiker replied, didn't know so many msgs after that too. mrsred, u shld hv asked stemcord the same qn, see what they answer u then can compare mah! hoho.. and maybe those with 2nd bbs can "diversify", pick one each! lol~

Qian1984

first yr u pay $1000+ for the deposit (can deduct fr CDA), subsequently after discount shld be 100+ for the annual storage which i'm paying now.
both parties got discount? no wonder i'm only paying $100+ instead of the $200+ stated in the website!

mrsred

I didnt talk to stemcord personally, got the info from my friend who signed with them. Wah, Qian1984, does it mean that for every person u refer, u get $50 off?? Or u were referred by someone and then refer someone so u got $100 off??

My friend also said next kid will store with cordlife to diversify! Haha!

Ssurprise, which prenatal course did u sign up for? For my 1st girl, i went for Mrs Wong BB's class and found it so uncomfortable to sit on the floor! My friend went for the Mount E one and got proper tables, chairs and buffet tea reception!!

Qian1984

I didnt talk to stemcord personally, got the info from my friend who signed with them. Wah, Qian1984, does it mean that for every person you refer, you get $50 off?? Or you were referred by someone and then refer someone so you got $100 off??

My friend also said next kid will store with cordlife to diversify! Haha!

Ssurprise, which prenatal course did you sign up for? For my 1st girl, i went for Mrs Wong baby's class and found it so uncomfortable to sit on the floor! My friend went for the Mount E one and got proper tables, chairs and buffet tea reception!!
Errr.. Actually I dun really get the process. I signed up v last min, on my labour bed! I did mention my fren who referred me. Thereafter my friends ask me abt it then I will oso tell them stem cord. The stem cord customer svc did mention abt referring will get discount. Now it seems both parties get discount, not a bad deal huh..