EDD March 2013

cagnes

My gynae did give me ventolin and asked me to take it if tummy gets hard.. He say to prevent premature birth. Bt I try not to take it if possible

smilem

Very berry = my gynae also told me tat. Ask me stdby end feb to 1st week of march. Yes, everyday lower backache. So worry my back bone able to support or not.
Hi all mummies, I hv done my 35 weeks checkup on yesterday, my baby girl is 2.4kg now...My gynae said I might deliver ealier maybe another 3 weeks more, means by this month end...this is so fast...I'm having waist pain all the days...Any mummies feeling the same with me??

Apr gal

Went for my w37 gynae check up yest. Vagina swap report was back n tested positive for Strep B bacteria. A little worried though d complication is rare, but will b major. Anyone can share bout tis? Tot of switching back to C sec but doc still advise natural.

Gynae asked me to lookout if water bag burst cos I will nd antibiotic within 18hrs else bb might catch d infection. And lookout for bb daily movement/activity.

Feel stomach more 'bloated' today n hard wif needle pain near d belly button. Anyone encounter tis?

Still no idea when bb will b out to meet us!!! A bit excited!!! Gynae din mention bb head is engaged yet. Feel my tummy is big n low but yet to encounter frequent urination.

Seems like a lot mummies Oso stuck here n not able to celebrate cny wif families in Msia. I'm one of them too!!! Missed all d cny delicacies badly....

PrincessCC

Hi Vodka,

Thank you for the info... Will check it out to see if its too late for me to book the services.

i m in my 36-week already. :)

PrincessCC

Hi Mummies....

went for my 36 week scan. My baby put on 300grams (now 2.7kg) in 2 weeks.

Advised given to drink more water, and keep hydrated.
Though I experienced dizziness over past weeks, but BP is okay.

The jabbing pain which some mummies experienced is normal, because of the joint is getting ready for baby's crowning.
And yes... It intensifies nearing to EDD. I had that feeling since 32 weeks.

Any mummies gonna give birth at SGH???
have a few qns wanna ask...

Can any mummies explain to me wat is the medisave maternity package of $450 is abt??? Really clueless and moron on reading the brochure...

l0r3tTa

Pinkyinbaby:756160 said:
Any mummies gonna give birth at SGH???
have a few qns wanna ask...

Can any mummies explain to me wat is the medisave maternity package of $450 is abt??? Really clueless and moron on reading the brochure...
Hi Pinkyinbaby,
The medisave of $450 meant that we can claim up to $450 from medisave for our gynae fees. We need to bring all the receipts when we admit to hospital on the actual day.

NeyMO

My nurse also asked to bring over the receipt to claim max $450 for mediasave maternity. I am with Thomson medical centre. Think it is same for every hospital.

NeyMO

Princess CC, our lit precious grows exponentially ya.. Me too, my boy boy put on 500g within 2 weeks during my 36 weeks scan last week that make him 3kg already. But I also gained additional 1kg during the period : )

I also engage Ashley photography for my maternity and new born. I took mine during 34 weeks which the baby bump shape is obvious enough. You could take the maternity photos from 32 weeks onwards as long as you feel comfortable and not so fatigue : )

NeyMO

Princess Cc, I also experienced dizziness over the weeks although the BP is normal. But my Gynae asked me to do Hg check and it dropped!! He explained that my dizziness was due to iron-deficiency cos bb is "stealing" my iron. So he prescribed me iron supplement.

You may want to check your Hg level since we will be losing more blood during and after giving birth.

NeyMO

Apr Gal,

I did my swab at 34 weeks and result was negative. Heard this strep B will cause blindness if not on antibiotic prior to birth as bb will easily got infection. Dun worry too much, I think as long as you follow Gynae's advices, then it should be fine!! Jia You!!

lemonwater

Dear Apr Gal, you may read more on this here.
Group B streptococcal septicemia of the newborn - PubMed Health
You'll be fine. If it's positive, then your gynae will manage you accordingly. For those of us tested negative, there's also no guarantee won't get between week 37 to week 40 (or whichever date of delivery), although chance is low. Also in Singapore, there's no apparent practice to re-test nearer date of delivery.
I'm sure you are in good hands :)

Ryca

NeyMO:756222 said:
My nurse also asked to bring over the receipt to claim max $450 for mediasave maternity. I am with Thomson medical centre. Think it is same for every hospital.
I think tats the antenatal package? Cos what I read from my package, I can claim medisave 3500 for delivery + 450 for antenatal. Im with Raffles.