EDD March 2013

l0r3tTa

veryberry:760809 said:
Hi all mummies, I hv give birth my baby girl on yesterday...natural birth without epidural and injection...only gas mask...
as during my checkup on 37 weeks, I was dilated 3cm and my water bag level is quite low...
my gyne was worry my baby girl and asked me to induce on the next day....
I should really thanks to all doctor and nurse in Kk, they helped me a lot...
to the rest mummies, u must all jiayou!!!
Congratulations veryberry! Good job!! I'm very sure it was an amazing experience for you..
So far 3 of us all delivered in Feb. Haha...

nyukmooy

Hi Apr gal, my first baby was induced. Insert pill, then burst water bag by gynae and also on drip. So basically, induced labour means labour is being triggered by man-made methods.
I read that it can be more painful as compared to natural labour since labour is triggered by medications, hence your own body can't respond efficiently to produce oxytocin which is a relaxing hormones to counter the contractions. It took me 6hrs from the time gynae burst water bag to be fully dilated. I used the gas mask and pethidine jab for the first baby.
Hope this helps..
Thank you for sharing the useful information, I0r3tTa. Now, I'm at 37 weeks pregnancy. But, i have no any symtoms. I will be seeing my gyname next week. My gynae told me if my baby hit 40 weeks is still no sign the baby wants to come out. He will induce my baby out. I hope my baby can come out before 40 weeks.
Fingure cross...

Just for sharing, injection of Pethidine is not good for the baby based on the childbirth consultant. She is not encourage us to jap this drug due to it causes drowsinesss and makes concentration difficult. Based on the info, Pethidine crosses the placenta to the baby. The baby may be drowsy at birth if the born within 1 hr to 3hrs after the administration of Pethidien. For all the mummies as a reference.

nyukmooy

For my case, I was induced for my first child on yesterday...
from burst the water bag until fully dilated was taken 3 hours...
The nurses were surprising and said so fast!!!
Wow...good!! Your cervix dilated fast, you no need to suffer the labour pain so long. Cool yah!! So envy... !!

Apr gal

For my case, I was induced for my first child on yesterday...
from burst the water bag until fully dilated was taken 3 hours...
The nurses were surprising and said so fast!!!
hi veryberry, congrats!!! So for yr case no nd to insert any pill? N how's pain level after yr water bag burst?

luckymum

April gal I am also 3-4cm dilated le!! So doc gave me a choice to burst water bag or wait so I will wait lah.. She say most prob these few days unlikely will be until 7 days then deliver. So when waterbag burst or contraction regular already go hospital.. :)

luckymum

Congrats veryberry! Looks like many of us set on going to no epi! Next will be starting the life of being human cow.. Hehehe..

Actually hoh, I heard the Six months after preg is the best period to loose weight. So far my net gain was 7kg but I am obese to start with, so shouldn't gain that much anyway. So this time round I will be diligent and make sure I bind the binder until its time to sleep.. Or as recommended. My boss who did this, by full month had a flat tummy, so I engaged her massage lady also! Hehehe..

milyve

you gals are making me really excited man... ok I had set up the group already! If I'm too slow help me add in the other mummies yeah!

Yup I should be going to the baby fair this fri! If i have not deliver by then that is.. hehehe.. Who wanna go on shopping spree together?? hehehe..
Add me please!! Email: evy.lim@gmail.com

nyukmooy

April gal I am also 3-4cm dilated !! So doc gave me a choice to burst water bag or wait so I will wait .. She say most prob these few days unlikely will be until 7 days then deliver. So when waterbag burst or contraction regular already go hospital.. :)
Hi luckymum
How u know your cervix has dilated 3-4cm?? Any special symptoms? Can share?

MsSaggi

nyukmooy, during my last checkup at 36w4d, my gynae said I'm already 3cm dilated too.
& of course I was surprised cause I didnt feel a thing.
After my doctor checked for dilation, till now I have this brownish discharge.
& today, suddenly got alot of brownish discharges.
I'm wondering if its normal ? Any mummies got any idea if I should be concern?

nyukmooy

nyukmooy, during my last checkup at 36w4d, my gynae said I'm already 3cm dilated too.
& of course I was surprised cause I didnt feel a thing.
After my doctor checked for dilation, till now I have this brownish discharge.
& today, suddenly got alot of brownish discharges.
I'm wondering if its normal ? Any mummies got any idea if I should be concern?
How come your doctor check you since you have not feel any dilation? For the discharge, you should call your gynae to verify.

Apr gal

April gal I am also 3-4cm dilated le!! So doc gave me a choice to burst water bag or wait so I will wait lah.. She say most prob these few days unlikely will be until 7 days then deliver. So when waterbag burst or contraction regular already go hospital.. :)
Congrats!!! U will b meeting yr bb soon!!!

Hi Jkel so your doctor said that its contractions? Is it normal?
Hi autumnfall, can add me to the Facebook group? My email add is jkel_83@yahoo.com.sg
Recently I am also experiencing menstrual cramp. My gynae has prescribed me a medication to reduce contraction. Any mummies also on such medication? I am worried of going into pre-term labour as I am only 34 weeks pregnant.

bersionr

hi mummies,
Been silently reading all your posts and congratulate those mummies
who have given birth le!
just wana share with u gals my preggie process to date -
i am in my 36 weeks now and next monday i will be removing my cerclarge stitch at 37 week.
Pretty nervous cos since my 21st week i have this cervix stitch done up and it has served me reli well with bedrest to date. i hv since
den been catagorise as a high risk patient in kkh due to high possibility of pre-term labour. So come Monday, my gynae will remove the stitch and see if i will start dilating. Cos with incompetent cervix like mine, i may deliver thereafter anytime. I am a FTM, so i start being worried and trying to be prepared,although so far i hv no labour symptoms yet except increasing pelvic pressures. Hopefully the stitch removal wun b painful too. :0T Most imptly, i hope my boy n i will b safe and healthy since we both come so far and long together to this stage where initially seem not hopeful.