EDD March 2013

Apr gal

I got my confinement lady frm kl..usually cny they will charge more!! My mom helped me to buy all the required herbs frm kl, its definitely cheaper there..also got like 5kgs of ginger from thr cos cant seem to find that type of ginger in sg. I went to check the he tian red dates in china town, they are selling about sgd20+ for 500g and in kl I can get the same brand and quality for rm32 for 1.5kgs. I got 4bottles of wine hehe. The other herbs are tang gui, tang shen, wolfberry, and some other herbs which I dont even kno what they are haha! Btw wats the rate for CL in sg?
hi Ryca, I hv no idea how much is d herbs n dates in SG. D other day when I went to collect d yellow wine from AMK seller he oso showed me d ginger n dates he is selling which is good quality. Ginger from Indonesia which is really fragrant n red dates w/o chemical n really smell nice. For d black fungus he say must choose those smelly smelly one which is w/o chemical. Din ask how much though. Will either get from him or d usual medical hall at Chinatown.

For CL I think it's around sgd 2.3k for yr 2013, if during cny will increase 1-1.2k. How bout kl? I heard its bout RM 6k now? But most important must get those exp one. Nowadays a lot not really exp like last time.

Apr gal

Hi mummies, went for my checkup juz now. Doc says I nd to hv action plan next wk w40. He suggested induction or c sec. Cervix still not dilate but bb head d engaged. Any exp on induction? I'm scared it will b very painful n time consuming. Pls advise n share yr opinion. Tq!!!

l0r3tTa

Apr gal:760678 said:
Hi mummies, went for my checkup juz now. Doc says I nd to hv action plan next wk w40. He suggested induction or c sec. Cervix still not dilate but bb head d engaged. Any exp on induction? I'm scared it will b very painful n time consuming. Pls advise n share yr opinion. Tq!!!
Hi Apr gal, my first baby was induced. Insert pill, then burst water bag by gynae and also on drip. So basically, induced labour means labour is being triggered by man-made methods.
I read that it can be more painful as compared to natural labour since labour is triggered by medications, hence your own body can't respond efficiently to produce oxytocin which is a relaxing hormones to counter the contractions. It took me 6hrs from the time gynae burst water bag to be fully dilated. I used the gas mask and pethidine jab for the first baby.
Hope this helps..

PrincessCC

Hi Apr Gal,

Where exactly is the AMK seller for the rice wine? Need to get some. Any tips on how to consume it?

I m still quite blur on the confinement meals :)

Thank u.....

Apr gal

Hi Apr gal, my first baby was induced. Insert pill, then burst water bag by gynae and also on drip. So basically, induced labour means labour is being triggered by man-made methods.
I read that it can be more painful as compared to natural labour since labour is triggered by medications, hence your own body can't respond efficiently to produce oxytocin which is a relaxing hormones to counter the contractions. It took me 6hrs from the time gynae burst water bag to be fully dilated. I used the gas mask and pethidine jab for the first baby.
Hope this helps..
hi Loretta, thanks for sharing. I agree tat induction shd b more painful than natural cos hv to force contraction n cervix to dilate. No one will no how long it takes to dilate. Can I ask how long after inserting d pill yr gynae burst d bag? N after insert d pill u don't feel any pain?

Apr gal

Hi Apr Gal,

Where exactly is the AMK seller for the rice wine? Need to get some. Any tips on how to consume it?

I m still quite blur on the confinement meals :)

Thank u.....
Hi PrincessCC, it's actually at AMK market. I'm not familiar wif tat area too I search d address from st directory. B4 tat I call d seller a few mths ahead to order then only collect nearer To my edd cos rice wine not recommended to keep to long. So pls call him to order n ask add from him. Pls make order correctly cos there r few types of rice wine. Tell him is for confinement use n it's d glutinous yellow rice wine. Usually ppl cook wif chicken, black fungus n ginger n add tis as soup base. U will nd to check wif yr CL or whoever gg to cook for u during yr confinement. Pls beware tat not everyone will like tis as I heard some bought d but dun like d taste. I'm ok n like tis dish very much. It's yummy actually.

l0r3tTa

Apr gal:760729 said:
hi Loretta, thanks for sharing. I agree tat induction shd b more painful than natural cos hv to force contraction n cervix to dilate. No one will no how long it takes to dilate. Can I ask how long after inserting d pill yr gynae burst d bag? N after insert d pill u don't feel any pain?
Hi Apr gal,from the pill till burst water bag, it was about 8hrs for my gynae. Cos we have to admit hospital at midnight, the midwives will do everything for us then in the morning gynae will come and burst waterbag. With the pill inserted, maybe u can feel slight contractions pain level 1-2. Still able to rest.

veryberry

Hi all mummies, I hv give birth my baby girl on yesterday...natural birth without epidural and injection...only gas mask...
as during my checkup on 37 weeks, I was dilated 3cm and my water bag level is quite low...
my gyne was worry my baby girl and asked me to induce on the next day....
I should really thanks to all doctor and nurse in Kk, they helped me a lot...
to the rest mummies, u must all jiayou!!!

veryberry

For my case, I was induced for my first child on yesterday...
from burst the water bag until fully dilated was taken 3 hours...
The nurses were surprising and said so fast!!!

nyukmooy

Hi Mummies,
Wahh.. 2 down, many more to go. ;)
Just had my 36weeks checkup & was looking forward to it cause my previous checkup, my dear girl was in a breech position.
But im so thankful today, she turned head down already.
My gynae checked for dilation & am already 3cm dilated.
Anxiously waiting whats next. Hehe! ;)

Ohh whats the FB group?
Hi MsSaggi mummy
Congratulation!! Your cervic has dilated 3cm...you will be able to see your baby soon. Yesterday, I just went for 37 weeks check-up. My baby head has engaged but unlikely give birth this week based on my gynae info.

How to check whether cervic has dilated, any symtoms? Sometimes i feel pain at my private place like menses clamp and go off very fast.

Kindly share if any mummy has related information. :)

nyukmooy

How many of you mummies here getting a confinement lady?? just bought all the herbs from Malaysia. My house smell like a chinese herbs store now haha
Hi Ryca mummy
I will be hired confinement lady. Yesterday, i also bought confinement herbs from Bugis. Me same like you, half of my dinning table full of chinese herbs. Haa...I do not how to store into my friedge.

nyukmooy

Hi Ryca, I'm getting a confinement lady from JB , she been calling me n asking when I will deliver as during cny it's add $1.2k!!! I hv not bought d herbs yet. Will get at Chinatown. Wat did u buy? Izzit cheaper a lot in JB?
Hi Apr gal
My confinement lady also from JB. During CNY normally will cost more due to festival period and difficult to get a confinement lady during this period. For the Chinese herbs, i just bought it at Bugis, Fu lu show complex yesterday. Not really expensive. I bought a lot and cost me S$150 only.

nyukmooy

Hi, I did encounter swollen feet n hands in w37, n fingers n joint become numb can't really hold things. Now at w39 I'm doing fine. It's okay to feel tis
Most of the mummies will feel this symtoms included me also. My feet swollen and i feel my body swollen also..i feel my body and face swollen.... very ugly now :(
But, my feet not swollen any more now. I have no idea when it will comes again.

Hi Apr gal
My confinement lady also from JB. During CNY normally will cost more due to festival period and difficult to get a confinement lady during this period. For the Chinese herbs, i just bought it at Bugis, Fu lu show complex yesterday. Not really expensive. I bought a lot and cost me S$150 only.
Hi sorry, mind sharing which shop u bought at and what r the things to buy?

nyukmooy

Haha luckymum now im worried, since I so used to eating 3meals a day n snack in between ever since got pregnant duno how long it will take me to lose all the kilos I hv gained!!
Hi Ryca
How many kg you have gained as at today date? Haaa...for me, i gained 13 kg for 37 weeks pregnancy. Actually, I also worry...how to reduce all the fat after delivery of the baby.... ;-) You are not alone...I have this problem too.

nyukmooy

Hi all mummies, I hv give birth my baby girl on yesterday...natural birth without epidural and injection...only gas mask...
as during my checkup on 37 weeks, I was dilated 3cm and my water bag level is quite low...
my gyne was worry my baby girl and asked me to induce on the next day....
I should really thanks to all doctor and nurse in Kk, they helped me a lot...
to the rest mummies, u must all jiayou!!!
Congratulation, veryberry mummy!!! One more brave mummy....I really salute all of you delivery without using epidural and injection...
You take care, veryberry mummy. :)

nyukmooy

Hi sorry, mind sharing which shop u bought at and what r the things to buy?
Hi automnfall mummy
I dont mind sharing with all of you. The shop name is call Joo Huat Trading/ Dragon and horse (chinses name) located at 149 Rochor Road #B1-23/31 Fu Lu Shou Complex. They will give you discount. They will recommend what thing should buy for confinement period. I bought quiet a lot recommended by them. if you free, you go there to take a look.

Thanks nyukmooy.. will take a look this weekend... hope it wont be raining...
Congrats veryberry... so brave and so fast ur labor... hope I can b like u too!!!

l0r3tTa

QUOTE=l0r3tTa:760289]Baby Gender Board March 2013

Currently 26 boys & 19 gals

NeyMO - Prince Thomson Medical Center Mar 1
blurbabe - Prince Mount A Mar 1
mhjt - Prince Singapore General Hospital Mar 3 delivered on 14/2/13
l0r3tTa - Prince Mt Alvernia Hospital Mar 3 delivered on 9/2/13
lemonade - Prince Mt Alvernia Hospital Mar 3
Mamasesame - Prince Mt Alvernia Hospital Mar 4
Neuros - Prince Mount Alvernia Hospital Mar 7
Fioray- Prince Thomson Medical Center Mar 8
teens09 - Prince Mount A Mar 10