EDD September 2013 Mummies

littlej

Thanks baby wipes. The thing is - dr chew doesn't even measure length. I wonder if it is experience that says ya ya baby growing lah.

Congrats baby wipes! Urs is the pink club and mine is the blue club!

raoow

Thanks baby wipes. The thing is - dr chew doesn't even measure length. I wonder if it is experience that says ya ya baby growing lah.

Congrats baby wipes! Urs is the pink club and mine is the blue club!
My doctor said after 17 weeks or maybe slightly earlier, then don't measure head to rump length anymore. Only the head. Not sure if that is the standard.

My friend's gynae doesn't even do ultrasound for every visit. Some old school gynaes don't believe in ultrasound scans and detailed measurements. Her gynae uses doppler to hear heartbeat and touch her tummy to guage the estimated measurement... just like that only. I am quite amazed but for me, i still prefer to have ultrasound scans and some clear measurements...

Mummies, have you all think of a name for your babies?

Faithmummy, who is ur friend's gynae..? Apparently ultrasounds are most of the time inaccurate, especially in estimating baby's weight.. That's also how some mommies are led to believe that their baby is big thus hav to induce or c-sect and in the end, baby's weight isn't that "abnormal".. It seems that there are risks to too much ultrasound scans too (they say can lead to autism)..
Midwives are the one who usually use dopplers (to make sure baby is ok) n tummy measurements (to make sure baby is growing), so I'm amazed as well that your friend's gynae is doing this..

littlej

Oh my! Really?!? Too much ultrasound scans are no good?!?

Faithmummy - haven't tot of a name. Don't have that "inspiration". You thought of a name already?

Nestled amidst the beautiful and relaxed nature in the north eastern side of Singapore, we provide professional and loving confinement care at our Sanctuary. We believe that confinement period is the most important time of a woman's life where mummy and baby should be taken care of professionally by well-trained and loving nannies. This ensures that mummies get ample rest and the right guidance for babycare during this crucial phase in their new journey as a mother. We are proud to be the only confinement center in Singapore with professional and loving nannies taking care of our new mummies and babies immaculately.

https://www.facebook.com/aixin.mummiesimage.jpg

Aeisya

I am not sure of his name, only know her gynae is a guy.
I am surprised to know of such gynae in spore too. Old school.
I think the monthly ultrasound scans should be safe because its not as though we are doing it weekly or twice a week.

Littlej

Not yet too. Just that the monthly wait to next gynae visit is pretty tormenting..., so thinking of names to make myself happier...

A mummy

Faithmummy, who is ur friend's gynae..? Apparently ultrasounds are most of the time inaccurate, especially in estimating baby's weight.. That's also how some mommies are led to believe that their baby is big thus hav to induce or c-sect and in the end, baby's weight isn't that "abnormal".. It seems that there are risks to too much ultrasound scans too (they say can lead to autism)..
Midwives are the one who usually use dopplers (to make sure baby is ok) n tummy measurements (to make sure baby is growing), so I'm amazed as well that your friend's gynae is doing this..
ultrasound scans are safe how can it lead to autism. Many friends of mine have healthy children and some of them visited the gynae like every 2 weeks to do scanning.

A mummy

Hi mummies to be! i just got back from my doc and he says i'm carry a little princess! :)
the doc always asks us if we have any questions to ask him...and we always have none....hahaha do you girls have alot of questions to ask your gynae? what questions do you girls ask?
Hi congrats dear... Thanks for sharing with us mummies.

A mummy

Mummies, can I ask, your gynae using a 2d scan to tell the gender? I was told by my gynae that it's not accurate thus his not telling me until my detail scanning. Just so stressed out like I really wanna know=(

StellaC

hi mummies, it's been awhile since i came in here to read, it's moving pretty fast huh.
i'm in my 21 weeks now! baby bump is quite big but from what my friends tell me, it doesn't look that big from their angle. some even say that "it's so tiny!" hehe

my detailed scan was done last week and it was good =) but unfortunately, the weighing machine at my gynae seemed to be faulty and i "gained 5kg" in a month. but according to my own weighing machine, i gained about 2kg.

we have already had a name for our girl and now it's time to start shopping for her! it's really kinda overwhelming as there's so many things to get. ut firstly we need a wardrobe and a cot for her, so that we can store her clothes (which we already bought lots, and my mum also bought lots). simply excited!

babywipes

Yes my gynae uses the 2D scan to tell the gender. how many weeks are you? My gynae roughly knew the gender of mine at 13-14 weeks but didn't want to tell us yet. He said he will tell us on the next visit, which is at 16-17 weeks. I guess gynae wants to be sure before telling you, else you end up buying all the wrong colors for baby! hehe

raoow

So exciting that all of you can start buying baby things! I just moved to my parents over the weekend and can only start buying things when I move to my new place in June. I'll be buying neutral things cos we want the gender to be a surprise.

I think I read here that some ladies had constipation. May I know how to solve if? I'm starting to get it! Argh!!!

babywipes

raoow - i had constipation since very early into the pregnancy. my solution - eat papaya/bananas. I also eat granola cereal in the morning. But papaya should do the trick :)

A mummy

Yes my gynae uses the 2D scan to tell the gender. how many weeks are you? My gynae roughly knew the gender of mine at 13-14 weeks but didn't want to tell us yet. He said he will tell us on the next visit, which is at 16-17 weeks. I guess gynae wants to be sure before telling you, else you end up buying all the wrong colors for baby! hehe
Perhaps yr right,I'm in my 22 weeks now...we'll know our gender the next check up during our detailed scanning. I bought neutral colours the basics for hospital because Glens didnt really give you anythg=(unlike other hospitals.

A mummy

So exciting that all of you can start buying baby things! I just moved to my parents over the weekend and can only start buying things when I move to my new place in June. I'll be buying neutral things cos we want the gender to be a surprise.

I think I read here that some ladies had constipation. May I know how to solve if? I'm starting to get it! Argh!!!
Just got it in my 2nd trimester... it hurts ... I eat strawberries.

A mummy

hi mummies, it's been awhile since i came in here to read, it's moving pretty fast huh.
i'm in my 21 weeks now! baby bump is quite big but from what my friends tell me, it doesn't look that big from their angle. some even say that "it's so tiny!" hehe

my detailed scan was done last week and it was good =) but unfortunately, the weighing machine at my gynae seemed to be faulty and i "gained 5kg" in a month. but according to my own weighing machine, i gained about 2kg.

we have already had a name for our girl and now it's time to start shopping for her! it's really kinda overwhelming as there's so many things to get. ut firstly we need a wardrobe and a cot for her, so that we can store her clothes (which we already bought lots, and my mum also bought lots). simply excited!
good to know. Mine is big alright. I gained lotsa kg but I know it goes nothing to the baby. But weird I don't look fat just chubby.

piglety

I'm in week 20 now...Has anyone been experiencing sharp stabbing pains at the sides of your hipbone area? I've also been having stitches easily esp when walking fast.. really uncomfortable.=/

A mummy

I'm in week 20 now...Has anyone been experiencing sharp stabbing pains at the sides of your hipbone area?
yeap...it's what I felt. But guess nothing we can do but only to put hot balm.I felt better after that. Now, the pain has lessen.Just don't stand for too long.

piglety

yeap...it's what I felt. But guess nothing we can do but only to put hot balm.I felt better after that. Now, the pain has lessen.Just don't stand for too long.
Hi A mummy, do u mean tiger balm?=) My job requires me to stand and walk constantly, no choice..