EDD June 2013

Beautiful and relaxed environment, delicious and nutritious confinement meals, immaculate and professional care and guidance by our nannies = relaxed and happy mummies who are able to put their babies solely on 100% breast milk. We are delighted that all mummies staying with us now are successful in 100% breastfeeding! Well done, mummies!

http://www.facebook.com/aixin.mummies
image.jpg

roudx

@roudx: Oh she now has Global Delay Development so a lot of follow-ups for rehabs for physio and have to see sooo many types of doctors. She would need to attend early intervention programmes for children and infants so hopefully that would be good for her. Nonetheless, she looks perfectly normal just needs time to "grow up" and "catch up" :)

YEAH! Tell me about me. Got a couple of GFs who just gave birth is Feb & March and it freaks me out that they have such terrifying labour stories to tell. Their WAR stories much more interesting than my "baby slip out case" LOL!!! That's why I'm just super thankful that my births have been easy :Dancing_wub:
Don't worry, your girl will be just fine as she grew :)

LOL, my lady boss had 20 or 22 hours labor delivery for her 1st. And 16 hours for her 2nd. And 10 I think for her 3rd. All long hours !! She told me the pain is like HELL and she got epidural after that. I have another colleague who endured the whole pain and gave birth without epidural to save money. And she said the pain is hell. When we visited her in her ward, she's lying down on her side because she said her "below" hurts ALOT. And she can't really move much. But she say, if don't need save money just go for epidural. It's crazy trying to tolerate the pain... her sweat all come out liao. She don't wanna give birth anymore but cannot pause one.
All those stories scares me . I think I'm going for epidural. But first I will wan to experience the pain first :p

missolive

Hi mummies, how are things going for all of you? Long time never check so many update. I started to feel so heavy, and all the pain starts to come. And I start to walk like a duck alrdy hehe..

Are you all getting ready to pack for the delivery? Any suggestion on what to bring? I lost my list from my last delivery. All I remember is disposable panties are helpful. And don't forget your breastpump if you plan to breastfeed. I had sore nipples last time and could not latched directly on the second day.

For delivery plan, I think I will go with epidural again. Will try to tahan, but I don't think I can. My last delivery, I gave up 3 hours after my gynae broke my water bag. The pain was more intense because I was induced. I hope this time no need induce..

roudx

Hi missolive ... I am like a old hag now.. Yes, walking like a duck.. And also back aching, leg swollen.. Big stomach.. I felt ugly.. But I also felt happy knowing I'm going to give birth soon and see my precious baby girl.. Am so excited.. Only thing is, afraid of the pain. People around me has been telling me how unbearable the pain it is.. I'm going to go and try for the pain and then jab epidural.. Not gonna make myself suffer too long for the pain.. :p

missolive

Hi roudx, haha same..I also feel all swolen n ugly, but very excited for the baby's arrival.

Yeah we are lucky to live in time when epidural exists, cannot imagine last time our mothers. As much as I want to have full experience as a monther with all the labour pain, I finally also give up cos I could not imagine how long the pain will last, my last labour lasts 13 hours. Thanks to epidural I could rest for the 8-9 hours and had enough strength to push baby out. Btw if you plan to experience the labour pain, practice the right way of breathing. It really helps to ease and control the contraction, at least for me..

roudx

Yes ! Good thing to live in the time when epidural exists..
I don't know about the breathing o_O Does it really works ? But I guess the one that help most is epidural le :x

missolive

The breathing helps, at least on the early part, but of course will still feel the pain, unlike epidural. But at least it's controlable. I knew abt the breathing technique from the pregnancy class I attended last time.

roudx

I didn't attend to any classes at all... o.o But I seen xiaxue's video where she's doing yoga. The instructor told her to breath in on left nostril and out on right nostril ? Does it really helps ?

missolive

I was offered the class when I was in thomson. It was quite useful although you can also get the information from pregnancy books. Ehmm, I don't know abt the yoga breathing. Mine doesn't involve using different nostrils le, hehe. Perhaps you can check on youtube abt labour breathing technique, pretty simple. It actually manage and control the pain and the contraction, it does help to certain extent. Just relax and practice the breathing. If you are too tense it will intensify the pain too.

Oh, and tell your husband to relax also haha.. my husband was like holding the epidural form right in front of my face the whole time I had contraction. I was the one in pain, he was much more nervous than me.. hahaha...

roudx

I wasn't offered. But even if I was offered, I think I won't go also lol. No time for that anyway. Somemore, I think it's of no help. Those helping babies bathing all that de lesson, I think i'll learn it sooner or later.. No need to go for classes lol.

My husband, not sure whether he will relax.. But I guess he's as nervous as I am .. I am asking him to try help me to reject epidural. I wanna try without it. But i'm picturing myself screaming at him if I said I want epidural, and he said no because I asked him to. LOL.

I didn't attend to any classes at all... o.o But I seen xiaxue's video where she's doing yoga. The instructor told her to breath in on left nostril and out on right nostril ? Does it really helps ?
it isn't just breathing, it's focusing on your body, your baby, connecting to yourself and feel the movement of your body. Breathing helps you relax and stay calm together with visualisation and self-hypnosis. That's why some woman didn't experience pain, but sensation in her body when she is relax and no fear. The husband will also be relax. Imagine how does the husband react when his wife scream during birth. Anxiety and fear leads to resistance of the body and more pain. Learn to relax is the key.

Natural ChildBirth Odyssey

mrsred

Same! I was using Medela mini electric plus and found the shield part too stiff and small, made pumping very painful. Bought Avent double pump this time round cos the shield seems so soft and comfortable with the petal shapes :)

Congratulations to all mummies whose Edd are upcoming!

For mummies who are undecided or have any last minute cancellations or problems with finding suitable confinement care, please do contact us if you need any help during your confinement.

Nestled amidst the beautiful and relaxed nature in the north eastern side of Singapore, we provide professional and loving confinement care at our Sanctuary. We believe that confinement period is the most important time of a woman's life where mummy and baby should be taken care of professionally by well-trained and loving nannies. This ensures that mummies get ample rest and the right guidance for babycare during this crucial phase in their new journey as a mother. We are proud to be the only confinement center in Singapore with professional and loving nannies taking care of our new mummies and babies immaculately.

https://www.facebook.com/aixin.mummies

mrsred

Just went for my check-up at 34 weeks. Baby is in transverse position (body perpendicular to mine). Gynae says most babies' head should have dropped down already!! If at 36 weeks still like that, must C-sect!! :(

Mummies, can share ur babies' current position??

honeyz09

Just went for my check-up at 34 weeks. Baby is in transverse position (body perpendicular to mine). Gynae says most babies' head should have dropped down already!! If at 36 weeks still like that, must C-sect!! :(

Mummies, can share ur babies' current position??
Oh my.. Hopefully in 2wks ur baby will turn. I heard some massages can help baby to do so. My check up at 33wks, baby's head has been down oredy..

missolive

Hi mrsred, hopefully your baby's head will go down soon ya. How's his size on 34 weeks? I had my 33 weeks check last week and baby's head is down alrdy so gynae said can go for normal. But bad news is she will be on leave a week before my due date, so hopefully baby will wait until she comes back.. otherwise will need to be delivered by another gynae she suggested...

Qian1984

Went to chk yest at 33wks, lucky dropped down! Was so worried I might hv to go under the knife! Wow long time nv come in here alrd I thought u all nt active here, but its this forum dunno why nv prompt me. Hmmph.. Was supposed to gv birth at mt a, but nw in renovation mode like abit messy and noisy le sianz.. Wondering if I shld switch to Thomson instead..

roudx

Today just went to check up @ 35 weeks also. Head turn down already :p Baby weighing at 2.55kg. Gynae estimated she will be around 3.1KG when give birth.
She's got real chubby cheeks from the scanning , that's what my Gynae has been telling me all the while lol.
Actually I'm not that worried that bb head won't turn cause Gynae said baby head is already turning down when I'm at 7 months .

Mopiko

Went for 32 weeks checkup today and baby head is down already, but I will go for c-sec anyway coz I previously had laparoscopy done to remove endometriosis.. So doc advised for c-sec to prevent the risk of womb rupture if I push!!! Owell... Oh btw, I didn't gained weight at all for the past 3 weeks but baby gained 700 grrams lol... He is now 2.2kg at 32 weeks.... Looks like he's gonna be a big baby hehe..

Whats u baby weight now mommies?

honeyz09

Oh wow! Ur babies are so gonna be doubly cute at birth :D

Mine at 33wks only 1.7kg & I have not gained anything at all from pre-pregnancy weight! From wk 28 gotta see gynae every 2wks bcuz he's afraid I might go into labour wayyy too early. Hope baby holds in till wk 37 when I start my maternity leave! Lol!!