EDD June 2013

Qiannyang

@sgmel: Can't find you in fb with your given email. Need to add you as friend before adding you into group.

@xiangxiangmama: Have pm-ed you :)

Qiannyang

39 weeks with baby weighing at 3.4kg, cervix not opened yet hence can't induce :( Any suggestions mommies? Desperate to have her out! :'(

mrsred

U can trying walking more so that baby head goes lower and helps the cervix to open up. For me, when I went to hospital, my contractions were once every 4mins but cervix only 1cm dilated and baby head very high. I was going to be sent home but baby's heartbeat suddenly dropped and since I was 40 weeks, gynae said to augment labour, but risk of c-sect.

To cut the long story short, the midwife out me to lie on my side, curled up. Gynae said to flip side to side, dont lie on back. Finally, when I was 10cm dilated, baby's head also miraculously lowered!

So since u're still mobile, walk more. Let gravity help u. At night, sleep curled up on ur sides.

Hope this helps!

Hi everyone! I popped yday! 11 hours after I was admitted to hospital. Quite long but thankful that I didnt need emergency c-sect cos baby's head came down last minute.

Will try to add u all to FB! Any of the existing FB group members can add also :)
Congratulations mrsred. Give baby lots of love lots of cuddle.

honeyz09

Hi ladies!! Been so busy didn't manage to catch up on this thread ;)

I myself popped on 6/6/13 & baby girl was a thumbs up despite the numerous scare sessions with gynae about her being small and all. Had early contractions but admitted in and induced. It was a fast labour yet again but still scary lah that baby might come out as code blue...nevertheless, a slight 2.3kg at 38wks and all that matters to me is that she is good & healthy :D She didn't have to stay in hosp longer and discharged same day as me! Happy mum to three here! Hehe...my labour war story went like this:

12.30am 6/6/13: Contractions were regular but wasn't getting any stronger so to be safe, husb drove over to hosp like a mad man even tho I told him to chill. My man was prolly afraid i'd give birth in the car hahahahaha

12.40am 6/6/13: Reach hosp, skipped triage, admitted immediately since my contractions were regular. Strapped to CTG machine amd monitored till 4-6am plus. I dozed on/off thru the dull pain. Oh yes, DULL pain.

6.00am 6/6/13: Dr said my contractions were still considered early as I've only dilated to 1cm so ping-pong-ping-pong, Dr induced me at 10am.

10.00am 6/6/13: 1st pill in & told to wait. Go back ward but since it was full, waited till 2pm.

2.00pm 6/6/13: Lunched & then slept thru while they strapped CTG machine again. I slept thru 10mins apart contractions. Ok, not so bad.

5.00pm 6/6/13: Whoa...regular strong contractions, kanchiong nurse told me to hang on for my second induction pill at 6pm but I told her cannottt...baby is coming already and I know it!

5.45pm 6/6/13: Kanchiong nurse sent me back to delivery suite and there they asked me if I wanted epi or not. Like a warrior, I refused lah (huge mistake...)

6.45pm 6/6/13: I started going crazy and demanded for thigh jab, Dr say cannot as I was 3cm dilated already. So I asked for epi, the anaesthesist took his own sweet time to come and by then...

7.00pm 6/6/13: Dr say I cannot take epi already (!!!!!!) as I kept bearing down with each contraction. Dr said if I die die want epi, I must stop bearing down (pray tell, how am I suppose to stop when it's my body's normal reaction!? Baby coming liao loh!

7.25pm 6/6/13: I was begging for any kind of pain reliever but they kept telling me to suck that damn gas. I refused because I was blacking out from it! Dr was preparing for me to go for c-sect as I was only 3cm dilated still!

7.30pm 6/6/13: Midwife came, saviour in disguise, came in, took over like a military leader, shoved her hands in and manually opened up my cervix & told me to push and push hard! It was like she knew my body could deliver the baby w/o c-sect and pushed I did!!

7.40pm 6/6/13: My gal was born and screaming her lungs out! Phewwwwwww.

Viola! My drama-mama labour story for my #3 LOL! No pain reliever of any kind 'cept for that stupid gas thingy. Oh well, it is something to remember...hahahaha

So yeah, been a crazy one week plus looking after my tiny screamer (oh yesss...petite one but bellows like an angry gorilla! Lol!) so finally manage to come back here. Congrats to those who have safely given birth in this early June days and jia you to those who have yet! May all of you have a blessed time with your babies (or in time to come). Welcome to motherhood June mummies!

honeyz09

Lol! Thanks Missolive, congrats to u too! Yeah it does seem like a roller coaster ride but honestly, I only find it a helluva "thrilling" ride when I started to go crazy & begging for pain relief and they didn't want to give me :( it was at the ultimate peak & u feel as tho u got no belts on when going down the roller coaster hill hahahahaha but at the end of it, seeing your babe wailing and warm on your bod after birth was worth it all :D

missolive

Hahaha.. thanks! Yeah kudos to you going thru it without epi, not even the tigh jab.. good job, mummy! I was planning to endure the pain, but gave up haha..

honeyz09

Oh u missed it babe...not taking epi was a huge mistake just because I wanted to go thru it like a warrior. The least, THE VERY LEAST, a thigh jab would help alas my case was a helpless one. Perhaps I shall rethink my birth plan for future #4 (if God is willing) hehehehe...

Faitheee

Hi mummies,
Can I ask how much EBM should I feed to my 2week old baby girl? My CL is feeding her 80ml now, which can last her around 2-3hrs. But my mum says 80ml is like too much. Makes baby's tummy big and rounded. So I'm also confused.
Managing my mum and the CL makes me more stressed than managing my baby...

Last edited:

honeyz09

Hey Faitheee, I guess as long as the baby doesn't vomit after feeding and cries for feed after 2-3hrs, she should be satiated with the 80ml feeds?

Qian1984

No daddybiker, I'm always past due my edd. :( and gynae unwilling to induce me even though I insisted. Asked me to go and c him on thurs then maybe he consider induce me on fri. Haiz..

No daddybiker, I'm always past due my edd. :( and gynae unwilling to induce me even though I insisted. Asked me to go and c him on thurs then maybe he consider induce me on fri. Haiz..
Hi Qian1984, it is good that your Dr. is unwilling to induce you. Have you search the pros and cons of induction to you and your baby? Avoid it if you can. Try natural induction method. Good luck!

mrsred

Congrats honeyz09! Seems like a long labour! U're really a warrior! I also went in 1cm dilated but asked for epi as soon as gynae said she was going to augment my labour. :cool:

Faithee, my 1 week old is drinking 80ml of EBM now. So I guess urs can drink more? But baby tends to be fuller when on FM. Agree that baby will know to stop when he/she has had enough and as long as no regurgitation, baby drinks every 2-3hours, should be fine. :)

mrsred

Btw, sgmel and qian1984, I added u all to the FB group directly using ur email adds cos couldnt find u all as friends... not sure if it works.

missolive

Haha honeyz09, at least you will have story to tell you kids of how mummy endure the greatest pain of labour..and you still can consider of having #4.. I will die die try to prevent having the third one, unless God really insist hehe..

Faitheee, agree with other ladies here, my boy was fed 80ml of ebm when he was admitted for jaundice, he was only a week old. And as long as he doesn't vomit it out, I think it's ok. But I feel that direct latch is best cos baby can have better control on how much he needs. Bottle feeding tends to give baby less control.