EDD September 2013 Mummies

A mummy

Thanks for the encouragement here. My lil angel arrived yesterday just in time for F1 race! While I was worried abt her being overdue, I became so thankful she arrived two days before her EDD.

just to share:
Friday morning I felt alot of baby movements in my lower abdomen.

Friday noon I felt mild contraction. Pretty regular at 5-10minutes apart. Each contraction lasts less than 30s. Contraction feltlike cramp and tightness in my lower abdomen. Also felt like the urge to poo. But bearable. This lasted all the way till the evening when I saw light brown discharge. Mum asked to wait awhile more before deciding to go hospital since my contraction was mild.

Midnight, the discharge became pink. Contraction still the same until 5am, alittle more intense.

Sat 7am i got admitted to hospital to check and confirm true labour. I was only 1-2cm dilated.
Gynae induced me before 9am to speed up dilation which indeed came. When I was 5cm dilated, I gave up n took epidural because my waterbag burst, so I was frightened.
Epidural wasn't painful, just some discomfort. After epidural, I felt better during the super intense contraction later on.

Baby arrived few minutes before 5pm.
hehe told ya it's time..
Waterbag burst you become scared and took epi? alamak..haha.. so cute!

but congrats!!
all i can say is when my waterbag burst at 3cm, i feel shoik because i cant take the intensity of the contraction at 3 cm!... the water is so warm i felt great.An hour became 6 cm.
Imagine the agony...but phew we just have to bear till 10cm and sure outs...Lucky not 20 cm haha!!

I deliver my gal on 19/9 via emergency c sect due to bb had Meconium aspiration syndrome, she was admitted to ICU immediately after birth . Now both mum n bb are resting at home..

chweewy

Mrs vistamio, congrats n rest well, don't worry too much

mrsvistamio:830031 said:
I deliver my gal on 19/9 via emergency c sect due to bb had Meconium aspiration syndrome, she was admitted to ICU immediately after birth . Now both mum n bb are resting at home..

A mummy

Curious how did u know your bb gal had meconium aspiration syndrome?
Meconium aspiration syndrome is just an incident not really a disease just because it's called syndrome.
Just that baby aspire the meconium contaminated fluid and is in her lungs. Less likely to occur to baby probably because mrsvistamio is overdue. But can't really say but the chance for overdue baby is less than 10%(other mummy to be don't freak out)...
Usually monitor by heart rate and I'm sure in this case the fetal is in distress , heartbeat is going down...and after emergency csaerian, see baby blue or pale, rapid breathing, because not enough oxygen getting into body as lungs filled with meconium contaminated fluid. Go ICU because baby having respiratory problem.

Xrays will be done to check for patches thats all i know..

Lucky baby does not have the meconium literally inside her lungs uh...

Thank god...

A mummy

It must be very stressful for you during the time of labour. Knowing when u woke up from the procedure your baby in ICU.

rachelcsh

Hi, I am an experienced masseur specialized in slimming before and after pregnancy.
Charging @ $40/time and I am contactable at 96425955.

hui_ru_88

Any mummies delivered at MEH recently? If yes, possible toshare your total bill for single bedded for NVD with epidural and how much cashdid you top up?

Thanks in advance :)

hi experienced mummies any tips for recovering c sect mums?
very sian.. so long.. i still wear my binder, did posnatal massage, eat fish/chicken/cordyceps essence, walk around for circulation..anything else?

ZPF

hi experienced mummies any tips for recovering c sect mums?
very sian.. so long.. i still wear my binder, did posnatal massage, eat fish/chicken/cordyceps essence, walk around for circulation..anything else?
Hi mums the word, do you want to join our sept mummies watsapp group?

KBH

hi mummies,
my son is having difficulties breathing and always gasping for air when he feeds.. he is a "noisy" breather too and i'd like to get another PD to check on him. anyone has any good Pd to recommend? the current one we have says he'll grow out of it.. but i feel that not having air while he feeds is probably bad for his brains and not something he can grow out of... so any suggestions or recommendations? thanks much in advance.

ZPF

hi mummies,
my son is having difficulties breathing and always gasping for air when he feeds.. he is a "noisy" breather too and i'd like to get another PD to check on him. anyone has any good Pd to recommend? the current one we have says he'll grow out of it.. but i feel that not having air while he feeds is probably bad for his brains and not something he can grow out of... so any suggestions or recommendations? thanks much in advance.
Hi KBH, do you want to join our sept mummies watsapp group?