Do you drink lots of cold water when you're pregnant?

jxmummy

Hi MTBs & Mummies,

Do you drink lots of cold plain water when you're pregnant?
Will it affect the baby?
*Worried*

CanCanMum

Some claimed that its ok but some still say NO to cold water and icecreams....????

Anyway the Westerners oso drink cold water coke etc.....

Depends on individuals beliefs....

My mum says drinking coke is linked to asthma and bronchitis etc.....not medically proven thou...

but for me tat time i din touch a single drop of ice water, all lukewarm water during pregnancy, even on a hot and humid afternoon....Urrrgh!!!!

just to play safe....kekekeke

sugarcookie

I couldn't tolerate anything in my first trimester EXCEPT cold stuff. In fact, all the liquids I consumed were cold. I'm 24 weeks pregnant and lukewarm liquids still make me queasy, so I'm still drinking cold water...

CynCyn

My first and second pregnancy I've been drinking cold water as well . Gynae says it is ok .

norfen

contrary to what many believe, i am quite sure that drinking cold water won't affect ur baby to that extreme. except that perhaps it will 'startle' the lil' one in his/her sleep. other than that, i don't think it will have any adverse effect. though it has been said that it will introduce more wind in ur body etc. but for me? if u really feel like drinking cold water, than go for it! no point beating urself up wondering if its ok or not. =)
of course, too much of anything may not be good lah, for that matter. train urself to take in lukewarm water everynow and then.

:Dancing_wub:

wenz

Hi Hui Min,

I did not take cold water during my 1st Trim but start to drink from my 3rd month onwards...

My previous birth i do experience breathless when i was at 7months onwards and was told to cut down on too much cold stuff... my gal do have Bronchitis but main cause was due to me having allegies so not connected with cold drinks....

but i guess this is also up to individual condiditon as well...

S

str@wb3rry's

actually i been eating alot of ice cubes. wonder any mummies also same as me not really fancy the cold drinks but like to chew on ice cubes =)

January84

limit loh. . like if take everyday cannot too much too.

actually ppl say no cold water cos scare bb got asthma , . .

LoVeS

limit loh. . like if take everyday cannot too much too.

actually ppl say no cold water cos scare bb got asthma , . .
the asthma thingy i dun tink it true coz during my #1 pregnancy i drank alot of cold water but my ds dun haf asthma so far~

Even for my current preg i aso still take cold drinks~

CanCanMum

the asthma thingy i dun tink it true coz during my #1 pregnancy i drank alot of cold water but my ds dun haf asthma so far~

Even for my current preg i aso still take cold drinks~
hahahas.....my mum and Mil forbids me to take cold drinks.....

congrats!

SH74

i eat alot of ice cream during my pregnancy due to my strong craving. drink quite a bit of cold drinks also. ice milo to b exact. hehehe... :p

i rem my mom (when had my bro) alw go to freezer eat ice cubes. hahaha... :D my bro turn out healthy. no asthma or watsoever.