喜冲喜? attending others' wedding during 1st tri?

jumBobo

Hihi,

Anyone heard anything that during your 1st tri.. cant attend others' wedding? or even 1st mth celebration, funeral... etc?

Is it only for the preg-mum or the hb too?

CanCanMum

yeah me din attend any....hb oso....u can ask someone to pass ang bao to them instead.

not sure about funerals.....

Mich_tan

My mum told me not to attend my friend's wedding dinner as my baby was less than 3 months that time. Hubby is fine. He attended without me.

Not sure abt funeral thou... HTHs.

pkshl

my mum told me not to attend any red/white(wedding/funeral) events. Last mth my hubby's grandfather passed away & i did not attend as i was in my 1st T & was 5wks pregnant at that time. the strange thing was, there was one saturday when i went to visit my grandfather-inlaw at the hospital & the next day(sun), i had spotting. duno iszit clash or what, so play safe, i did not go hospital visit him anymore, even his funeral i also did not attend. but my hubby still went without me.

veron

My mil do not allow both my hubby and I to attend any weddings, birthday, 1st month celebration and funeral through out my whole pregnancy cos she say will harm my baby. My mil insists on this cos my sister-in-law miscarried after attending a funeral. She just miscarried for no reason and her pregnancy was stable at that time too.

MrsChia

hb n me oso no attend any white n red events too. muz spare a tot for ur little one so is best to avoid.

wenz

i attended 1 wedding when i was 1 day before i reach 12weeks and going to attend another one this sunday... i was given a 'fu' by my MIL saying tat with tat its ok for me to attend wedding.. but avoid furneral... i think this also depend how 'pandan' are u ba...

jumBobo

oh.. thnx for all yur advises... even birthdays oso cant arh?

my hb was supposed to help a neighbour as her driver.. the wedding's on 3rd jan (which is just this wk'n).. so..duno if still can.... cos it's like.. 'alot of involvment' in this sense.

speaking of all these.. i juz come to tink... (my hb sure scold me for tinking so de...)

another of his neighbour got preggie & held her wedding on 7th & 8th (dinr) this mth. hb oso was one of the xiong-di..i oni attended the dinr on 8th la.. couple of wks before the wedding, i was telling my hb i really DUN FEEL LIKE attending the wedding/dinr... of cos hb dun agree with that..cos no apparent reason oso mah.. (btw..the neighbours r all childhood frens). [apparently if to count backwards, i cld already b preggie then le..]..

n so.. at the dinr... oni abt 2-3 dishes in.. my hb suddenly asked me out of the ballroom..n told me that my grandaunt passed away..in my dad's car..on her way hm frm dinr with my family. (btw, my hp was silent in my bag, so i din hear my sis called). i mean.. my grandaunt was still able to walk, talk..whatever... suddenly juz like 'gone' lor!!!

oh shitz!!! nw im tinking........... cld be the 喜冲喜???

sugarcookie

I attended "happy" occasions like weddings, full month celebrations and will be attending birthday parties. However, I did not attend funerals. I think it is also best that you check with the hosts if they are ok with you attending their events; some may prefer that you not attend should you be pregnant.

January84

I attended "happy" occasions like weddings, full month celebrations and will be attending birthday parties. However, I did not attend funerals. I think it is also best that you check with the hosts if they are ok with you attending their events; some may prefer that you not attend should you be pregnant.
yup agree! actually the first to check with is the host. . .
I went to a wedding dinner before where the host grandmother wasnt happy with guests wearing black, and face turn even blacker when she saw preggies!

yup agree! actually the first to check with is the host. . .
I went to a wedding dinner before where the host grandmother wasnt happy with guests wearing black, and face turn even blacker when she saw preggies!
huh mama jan pple who hold their wedding dont like preggie pple?
OMG i went for 1 person's wedding le.! I didnt wan to! GOT FORCED!! My MIL say can go for wedding although i pregnant.
i also went for my hb's old classmate's bb full mth. =.=!

January84

huh mama jan pple who hold their wedding dont like preggie pple?
OMG i went for 1 person's wedding le.! I didnt wan to! GOT FORCED!! My MIL say can go for wedding although i pregnant.
i also went for my hb's old classmate's bb full mth. =.=!
hahah, that one is old lady... so she did not like it... and she also don like those guests who wore dull colours esp black..

went for cousin's wedding when i was 5mths preggy..
tink i got stares bah.. but as long as the host and host family dun mind..
tink shld be alright..

i attended cousin's wedding when i was 33 weeks pregnant. no one said it was bad luck but woke up on the day of the wedding and was really sick (gastro bug). decided to go and show my face but when we were there my son ate some nuts and had an allergic reaction so had to find him medicine and spent the whole time with him in a hotel bedroom sleeping...missed the whole wedding!

i attended my godfather's funeral when i was 15 weeks pregnant with my first. didn't affect my pregnancy and my son is now 3. superstition aside, my godf was very important in my life and i wanted to say goodbye to him and express my grief. if you let all the emotion stay inside you, can also affect the baby :(

rainypink

play safe than sorry?

they have this saying dnt tell others abt the pregnancy if its less than 3 mths?

the sec i told my brother abt my pregnancy which is abt 4 weeks, i spot.

then on the 5 week, i told my best friend and to my horror, i bled!!

so if u were me, u believe or not?

my first pregnancy miscarriage, cuz MIL announced to the whole world.

:embarrassed: