12 yr old disabled girl murdered by maid

Angelmum

Maid taking revenge?
Agent at fault for persuading Employers to keep the maid when she was sent back?
How much is our govt doing for us and our children?
When would govt know we need an affordable safe place for our child? AWWA, being the only special care centre is not enough! Furthermore, it is not conveniently located. I live in the West, AWWA has no school bus to West area.

Read AsiaOne
Indonesian maid arrested for murder of 12-year-old girl
An Indonesian maid has been officially arrested for the murder of 12-year-old Linda Li Yi Ling.
The 24-year-old maid who had been working for the girl's family will be charged with murder tomorrow. If convicted, she faces the death sentence.

According to the Lianhe Wanbao, investigations are still ongoing as to which floor the deceased was thrown down from.
Neighbours had told the Chinese evening daily that the maid had not worked very long for the family. She had been sent back to the maid agency before for unsatisfactory work performance. However, the family took her back after deciding to give her another chance.

Linda, who only recently learned how to walk, was found dead at the foot of a HDB flat in Hougang yesterday morning.
She lived with her parents on the fourth floor and studied at the Asian Women's Welfare Association's Special Needs School in Yio Chu Kang. Neighbours said that the girl was friendly, and liked to greet people, although her vocabulary was limited. She could say words like "papa", "mama", "hello" and "bye-bye". They would often see the maid bringing her to buy ice-cream from the neighbourhood's provision shop, and dinner from the nearby food centre.

The family is understood to have two maids who worked for them previously, with the last one working for the past three years. They have since left.

Last edited:

Angelmum

Maid to be charged with murder of 12-year-old girl

by Shaffiq Alkhatib, Nov 26, 2010

SINGAPORE - A 24-year-old Indonesian maid has been arrested in connection with the murder of 12-year-old Linda Lee at Hougang Street 51.

Linda's body was found at the foot of the block by a passer-by at about 6.05am on Wednesday.

She was pronounced dead by paramedics at about 6.20am.

Police said the suspect, who had been employed by the family for the past month, would be charged in court today with murder, which carries the death penalty on conviction.

MediaCorp understands that the Indonesian Embassy has engaged a lawyer for the maid.

The embassy is also requesting access to the maid from the Singapore autho-rities.

Meanwhile, in a separate case, another Indonesian maid was charged yesterday with 19 counts of child abuse.

The 25-year-old woman is believed to have abused a one-year-old girl in a Bedok Reservoir flat between Nov 30 and Dec 4 last year.

She allegedly hit the baby and pushed her onto a mattress several times.

It is believed the maid also dragged the baby from the kitchen to the living room and used a pillow to press onto her head as she was lying on a mattress.

If convicted, she can be jailed up to four years, fined $4,000 or both for each charge.

quvette

Its very sad....and a very real situation for us parents. I'm working full time and leaving my 8mths plus special needs with my maid. Special needs can be very exacting. My domestic help is not the most patient and loving, and often show her frustration on my boy even in front of us. What can we do? The next one could be worse.....nobody knows.

Angelmum

Its very sad....and a very real situation for us parents. I'm working full time and leaving my 8mths plus special needs with my maid. Special needs can be very exacting. My domestic help is not the most patient and loving, and often show her frustration on my boy even in front of us. What can we do? The next one could be worse.....nobody knows.

My maid singing 'sayonara' .... headache, worry the next maid even worse. So stressed! Haven't found a replacement.

I'm targetting on Myanmar FDW but they seriously have communication problem. Interviewed one who indicated Uni grad yet I dont understand most of the words she read from a paper I gave her. She cant write in English so how am I going to get my message across? Where got patience to chop up the words till she understands! Like that my hairs would get greyier and the teachers in specal sch would feel like slaughtering me cos maid wont understand what teacher trying to say. :weconfused::we3goofy:

This week already 2 Indo maid issue - 1 murder, 1 abused child. :elvis:
Filipino too smart, like to prey on employers like us. On one hand happy my PH FDW leaving, end of my mentaL torture. On the other hand super worry what if I get a maid from hell, then how? Will my girl be the next to be reported on news? :embarrassed: :weconfused:

quvette

I could have written that post myself :)
Same issues with maid.
My current Fillipino - Too smart, want to tell you what to do, do not like to be corrected, loves to argue and win. Treat this as a job with no passion. Do cuz she need to do. 8.30pm if she finish her chores, will just go back her room, shut door and make calls. Will not come out even if the baby is crying the house down. It's like i've already knocked off. If she's pointed out mistakes, usually she will be sour-faced for a few days. My hubby too scared to tell her off cuz the kids in her hands.

Had a myammar maid before the current - Love her to bits. Hardworking, honest, really care for us. Only prob is communication i guess. I really regret not renewing her barely a week after i sent her back but then she's already taken.

Indonesian - Too sloopy and not hardworking enough. Honestly a ??? too....

Will probably be going for an indonesian and install CCTV all over.....

Angelmum

Had a myammar maid before the current - Love her to bits. Hardworking, honest, really care for us. Only prob is communication i guess. I really regret not renewing her barely a week after i sent her back but then she's already taken.

Indonesian - Too sloopy and not hardworking enough. Honestly a ??? too....
Will probably be going for an indonesian and install CCTV all over.....
you stay home with maid? If so, think Myr better cos Indo recently got above issue and another ill-treated a 2yr old. The greatest issue is communication. My sis advice if stay home mum + got time to wait for maid, get a new Myr who's you grad. My sis took one who is able read English well. I interviewed a few Myr of high sch level, really a test of Employers patience. Most speak alien English:chatterbox:.... really sign language/actions if you want to get your tasks done.

Not possible to wait and get a Myr as I cant expect teachers in special school to tolerate her.

Praying hard my new PHL maid will have compassion, kind to my girl and can stay 2yrs. To recruit and train, I almost burnt all my Leave, no more left to re-train so .... .:notworthy: