13th months boy

faithster

Hi Mummies,

I am running out of idea what to cook for my son. I really need helpful mummies here to share with me their recipe and what the cook for their little precious. Most of the time i will do fish porridge for him. If not mash potatoes but i think he is getting sick of it. So i need help. Thanks and very much appreciated. :shyxxx:

Ting

porridge u can add pork n chicken n veges like carrots, potatoes, sweet potatoes, asparagus, cauliflower, spinach.
for the porridge, dun hv to cook it til it is very smooth n mash, so that there is abit of texture.
alternatively, cook soup n feed him rice.
can also cook pasta with cheese, macaroni with chicken/pork soup.
besides rice, u can cook noodles like kwayteow n bee tai mak with fishball soup.

breakfast can make toast bread with cheese, peanut butter bread, pancakes, waffles, sandwiches with tuna, egg, chicken, ham with some vege like tomato n cucumber.
the mash potatoes u can try adding some minced meat inside for extra taste.

actually, your son alr over 1 yo, u can try many kind of food for him alr.
as long as he is not allergic, i think u can cook diff kinda food for him everyday to try.
:)

Phoebii Cheng

You can try cooking western meals for him like spagetthi frying in with garlic, mushroom and olive oil, and instead of mash you can make french fries (can bake it instead of frying it), grilled chicken
For snacks, you can make pumpkin strips (baked again), or sweet potato strips

Or if you don't normally cook like me during weekdays, what I do is let him eat the same food as me like fish soup, mee hoon kway, but without the soup of cos.....sometimes I do give him hor fun once in a while

Justina

Hi Mummies,

I am running out of idea what to cook for my son. I really need helpful mummies here to share with me their recipe and what the cook for their little precious. Most of the time i will do fish porridge for him. If not mash potatoes but i think he is getting sick of it. So i need help. Thanks and very much appreciated. :shyxxx:
Hi faithster,

I'm not sure if this would help but you may view the baby food pages from my website below - under mHome cooking. You may also see my blog on sample menu on what i feed Elden (14months)

Hope you'll find it useful! See you at mumsafari!

Mummy to Baby V

My boy is turning 1-year old soon and has recently been very interested in finger-feeding himself and not eating much when spoon-fed. We started feeding him thick porridge, carrot / potato cubes with fingers and he eats them! Messy but we treat it in a fun way.

Just bought some tools to start experimenting with these foods for him: pasta, pizza, bread / cakes / cookies, sushis, handrolls, frozen ice-cream / yoghurt / fruit cubes. It would be enjoyable trying out these new stuff on a toddler. :)

Just remember that toddlers love finger-foods and grazing (i.e. eat a bit here and there, especially what the adults are eating). As parents, we can eat healthy foods that our toddlers are able to eat too.

annie

my girl also started to be picky after 12mths old so i have to try to change menu often.. but sometimes i found something she likes and i just try to stick to a standard menu and has gone smoothly till she is sick of it then i have to restart my journey to trial n error for her fav menu again lol.

at this moment, i go by the simplest way of frying her veg(usually brocoli for lunch and spinach for dinner as she dosent seem to like other veg...) and minced meat(chicken/beef/pork/fish) with a bit of sesame oil(sometimes without) and a drop of soya sauce for flavour.. n she love it this way. then after feeding her veg n meat, i feed her the main. soup udon for lunch and porridge(usually white short grain rice. sometimes only brown short grain rice and sometimes white n brown rice mix) cooked in stock for dinner..thats her present fav. she has been eating very very well for 1.5weeks(like a glutten n clear everything in just bout 10mins!) but now for dinner she seems to be fussing a bit these 2 days.. lunch is still ok though..maybe its time to change a stock for her porridge lol.

she used to be taking 2 meals of porridge n all her meat n veg are mix inside before she is 1yr old. then suddenly she loves macaroni with tomato sauce(home made) and cheese for a while n changed again. toddlers keeps changing their preference in food so got to try n try...find something he likes n then u can stick to it or cook it every lunch or every dinner only till he gets sick of it then u can experiment again. good luck!