17 months and start to dislike eating rice..

echua

Hi all mummies and daddies,

My 17 months old boy recently start to dislike to ear rice/porridge. Whenever he eat, he only eat like 3 - 5 spoon and then don't want eat already. Given him with gravy or soup he also don't want.

Any mummies or daddies can suggest what to give him? Thanks :D

pixie

Did you just feed your toddler rice and porridge?
Try to be creative in the choices of food.
I have been giving her macaroni, baked pasta with cheese, noodles (my girl particularly like udon and 'lao shu fen').

My girl loves soup, especially those herbal type. So usually with a bowl of rice, i will give her chicken herbal soup or ABC soup and she is happy to eat on her own. Sometimes she eats little but I am fine as she will still take her milk and she sleeps well (average 10-12 hours of sleep, including daytime naps).

I like exploring with my girl as I am trying to avoid having a picky eater.

Happy exploring and let your boy try on different texture of food. At 17 months old, he definitely has a lot more teeth than before.

Last edited:

isabelandrew

I'm with you. My daughter does not take until now. 4 years old. For about 1 yr she is on bee hoon. Then we upgrade to brown rice bee hoon then tried to change to macroni. Recently she is ok w rice porridge. But we added a trick... a small piece of her favourite yoghurt biscuit. It's not good I know but is the most effective way to get her to eat.