2.5yrs old toddler coughing & fever on & off for more than 1 mths, need advise

renaong

Hi all mummies

would appreciate if you could kindly recommend any doctor good at treating cough & fever, my girl 2.5yrs old have been coughing the last 2 weeks & fever on & off for 1 mth, going to GP/ padaetrision & K K Hospital also cannot treat, very worry now. As per KK she got viral infection & as per padestrision she has bronchitis. See her suffer like that very heart pain & really don't know what to do now. pls advise

CanCanMum

Terence Tan from Kinderclinc @ Mt A,

My online friend, autumn82's PD. She is not sure if there are kids w similar problems going to him for treatments but she say can give it a try coz he is quite gd in respiritory problems.. No harm trying, but heard from her the waiting time during consultation visits are long....

My son visits a GP, coz tat GP is our family doc.....not so sure if he is good with this health problem but if u want to try i can give u his contact oso...

CanCanMum

yeah u r darlin~la...dun wan sound too mushy mah.....this thread is serious de worh.....

anyway wish rena's girl speedy recovery.

autumn82

:) Enjoy teasing u mah.. :p

Rena, wish ur dd speedy recovery k. Its gonna be quite tough when kids have bronchits, but u mus take good care of urself as well. :) Jiayou!

veron

wat type of treatments has she already have?

My 30 months old boy has just recover from bronchitis. It started when his cough on and off for abt 1 weeks plus then i bring him to a GP. The GP told me that there's no phlegm in his lungs and give me some medicine for him to intake. After one week of taking the medicine, he did not recover but got worse. He doesn't want food at all and he even wakes up a few times at night cos he cough till he vomit. He loss quite abit of weight too. So i bring him to his paediatrician (Dr Lau Tien Khoon of Singapore Paeds Clinic at jurong west) and the paediatrician told me that he has got bronchitis. There is alot of phlegm in his lungs and that's the reason why he doesn't wanna eat. The paediatrician started him off with some antibiotics, ventolin and some other medicines (total 4) and to review him in 1 week time. However, the medicine did not clear much of his lungs so he decided to suck out his phlegm. He used a thin rubber tube and poke it into his nose. My boy scream like hell and it really pains me to see. After the suction, there is still quite abit of phlegm left so he prescribe 2 inhaler for him to inhale thur a plastic tube. The inhaler works and his lungs was clear in abt 5 days time. paediatrician give the all clear at the 2nd review. The inhaler can be used again when he cough in the future. My son's paediatrician is good but very very expensive. He is very good with the kids and he check really thoroughly. He's also very patient and explain things very clearly to you. My son loves him. My son can only see him. If i were to bring him to other doc, his illness will get worse. It happens every single time. I spend $580 to treat his bronchitis. Cost for a single consultation is abt $150(depend on the illness, bronchitis will be much more ex).

Hope your dd will recover soon. Do keep us update. Take care.

renaong

Hi

thks fr yr all advise, my daughter finally recover, take antibiotic and ventolin puff. She slim down alot, in between I give her some chinese herbs called "nansin & beisin" also. have to isolate at home now just incase the sickness come back again

January84

Hi

thks fr yr all advise, my daughter finally recover, take antibiotic and ventolin puff. She slim down alot, in between I give her some chinese herbs called "nansin & beisin" also. have to isolate at home now just incase the sickness come back again
nan xing bei xing is good, sometimes u can add in to soup or herbal tea .

KAWAI

Hi Rena,

My girl who is 2 yrs old+ had a bad cough & flu for few weeks until I read on the Internet about honey. Honey is very good for cough & cold especially before putting her to sleep, i mixed 1/2 teaspoon of honey with 1/2 cup of warm water & it really works. It is strongly advisable not to give kids below 5 yrs old cough & flu medications though prescribed by doctors. Honey is a natural & effective remedy for cough & cold. Of course, day one or two after taking honey will not show immediate effect, you will gradually see & hear the differences in the cough sound & the frequency of cough after 2 days. Do type "honey" into Yahoo or Google search engines, you will find many articles about honey & its advantages. However, do bear in mind, never give honey to babies below 1 yr old, it will cause negative effect.