2 months old baby poop

Suzie San

Hi all,

I need advice on how to make my boy poop easily. He is 2 months old. He used to poop everyday when he was on fm and bm (mixed). Now, he is totally on formula. I have tried giving him water between feed or before feed, leg cycling and tummy massage but still doesn't work. Every time I see him stretching until the face red, clutching his fists and sstraightening his body, I know he is trying to poop. However nothing comes out. Then he will cry and cry until he is tired. His poop is normal.

Anyone knows how to make a baby poop easily?

Alisa

since he is still so young and on full FM, the only way is to give more water. you can also massage him with lotion after every bath.

yukiben

whenever my boy starts to poo, I give him the ERMMMMM.... sound + face. now he knows how to ERM everything out. lol. slowly, no rush. he used to poo once only in 3days. now he can play n poo at the same time without much effort. everyday, ever 3 times a day.

Suzie San

I did give him the sound ERMMMM when he wanted to poop. Today he still has not poop yet since yesterday night. A bit worried cos the last time he poop was 2 days later. He cried in pain when he poop. Haiz..... How long does your boy take to poop everyday?

Suzie San

Mmmm.... About 5 to 10ml. But sometimes he keeps drinking. My friend's MIL gives water to her nephew every time after feed. Each is about 10-20ml as her nephew is very prone to constipation.

makarios

Can try probiotics, Biogaia, for below 6 months. This helps make the digestive system healthier and will poo better. My twin boys took them when below 6 months. Very effective for them. Bought them at Guardian Pharmacy at the Pharmacist counter (Prescription from Doctor not necessary).

makarios

Biogaia for infants is in liquid form. Must be refrigerated. 5 drops per day. Can put in milk as long as baby finishes it or it'll be a waste. Small bottle $45 lasts 25 days. Workswell for my twins...

yukiben

I give water right after milk. from small, I told him to STOP as he drank non stop. now around 10-20ml after milk. 1day we give around 360ml. we were afraid it might affect his milk consumption but no. as he only drinks when he wants. he knows the taste between milk n water.

yukiben

now he's 6mths old. wherever he give the poop signal, I erm with him. at first he doesn't know what's erm. now he knows already. they take time to learn. once he's done, he just give the funny smile at me... time to clean backside. ..