2008 children going to pre-nursery !

raeka

Hello to all 2008 mummy,
Care to share whether have ur kids start pre-nursery?

Mine is under PCF Of Pioneer Blk 662B.
Did any mummy enrol their kids here or other PCF , c
are to share ur kids experiment ?

Thank you

I'm starting my daughter in a pre nursery near my place on River Valley. It's Montessori based. She's on the wait list for its kindergarden next year. I like the small student to teacher ratio. 4:1 for the pre nursery, 6:1 for the kindergarden. She seems to like the place when I brought her to view. Let's hope she'll take to school like fish to water.

autumn82

Mine has been attending PG to Pre nursury at Kindercom. He loves school and enjoys it very very much.. :001_302::001_302:

raeka

How am I suppose to know whether JUNE N DEC school holiday, do I have to pay?
Any mummy can help?

Hi mummies,

My girl is attending N1 this year at Loving Kids located at pungol.But she always fall dwn in school n get bruises all over since PG.Wondering is the teacher problem or my girl??!!!And the teacher always say she falls herself!!!

It's my girl's 2nd week of playgroup and she is now using words she learnt in school in her sentences. "Ah Gong is going round and round in circle!" She knows the difference between circle and square and is more certain about her colours as well. Everyday she surprises me with something new. At the same time I know she's having plenty of fun. This Friday, they will have water activities and that will definitely be the highlight of her week in school. Just 3hrs a day and so much progress!

Last edited:

candydolly

my son is attending school at st. hilda's nursery and enrichment at growing up gifted aka gug. gug is a good school where my son pickup his phonics really fast and the teachers are able to guide them well. st hilda's is not too bad, Presbyterian school and this is only the beginning of their school so result is not very visible. :)

:wong19: loves is by giving and never thought of taking. - joviermummy

Shiney

Hello all,My son is now 2 years old, we r planning to move to Singapore around may/june. so, im looking for some good Pre-nursery in Jurong East area. Can some suggest me some pre-nursies and admission process and fee details. I heard abt "Galilee" any suggestions/opinions.Thanks in advance

makarios

My daughter just started her Pre-Nursery at Jurong West's Centre of New Life Kindergarten in Mar cos we just returned from US (husband posted overseas for his job). She learnt a lot of new songs. By 2nd week, she is already singing and teaching me some of the songs. Most importantly, she is learning Chinese leaps and bounds cos 1 yr in US she didn't know a word of Chinese. Next week, there will be a concert presented by the children. So excited! Would love to video tape her in action!!

mumusings

Intending to send kid to play school but he's quite attached to both of us. Anyone has gone through 'separation' issues at the schools (as in the kid refuses to let parents out of sight?)? Advice needed.

makarios

Intending to send kid to play school but he's quite attached to both of us. Anyone has gone through 'separation' issues at the schools (as in the kid refuses to let parents out of sight?)? Advice needed.
My 2.5yo daughter is very attached to me too. When we were in the US, it was just my husband and me. So she was not used to be baby-sited by anyone plus she was breastfed till 2yo (so the bonding is really strong). But when she went to school this late March (cos we just returned from US in late Jan), the first day she cried the entire 3 hours of pre-nursery. There are some parents who accompanied the child throughout the 3 hours since it was their first day (2nd term) at school. But I knew my daughter well. If I were to be with her the first day and not on the 2nd day, she'll bargain and not go to school. So I carried her to the teacher, kissed her goodbye and left. My heart ached as she cried but I know it'll be sooner or later that she had to learn to be in school without me. I watched her from afar cos I was still not able to let her go...but she gets better through the week.

The 2nd day, she cried only half way. When I picked her up after school, she's already beaming. The 3rd day, she cried sporadically. The 4th day, she cried only when I said goodbye and left. The 5th day, the same.

I thot after the weekends, she'll start the crying again when I sent her to school. To my surprise, she walked towards the gate of the school, kiss me goodbye and walked in herself. I was so proud of her!

My preparation to help her get accustomed to school: Weeks before starting school, I used the cartoon "Timmy" on Disney Channel to help her know the concept of school and that she will be only with the teachers and friends in school. No mummy. Cos Timmy, a sheep, will say goodbye to his mom and walked to school. He'll have interesting adventures in school and when it ended, Mummy will be right there waiting for him. She understood. Then when she kept crying about not wanting to go to school, I would reiterate the idea using the example of Timmy. On the 1st 2 weeks, I also used a reward system of stickers, food, sweets to help her see that she did well by going to school and willing to stay in school without me.

Hope this helps. But I know it is very dependent on the child. I have friends whose son and daughter cried for 1 month or 2 months before stop crying. But as parents, all we need is to try and preempt how we can help them get adjusted faster.

Hope that your son will adjust quickly to the play group.

mumusings

Thanks for the very useful advice. He's watched Timmy on Okto before - good idea to use the show to put through the idea of school. He's not enrolled in any school yet but we're just worried he might cry all the way through and disrupt things for the staff.

Which pre-nursery course is your child at? So many choices but not sure what to go for...

makarios

Thanks for the very useful advice. He's watched Timmy on Okto before - good idea to use the show to put through the idea of school. He's not enrolled in any school yet but we're just worried he might cry all the way through and disrupt things for the staff.

Which pre-nursery course is your child at? So many choices but not sure what to go for...
Centre of New Life Kindergarten at Jurong West. It's new (just started a few years ago). But friendly & patient teachers. I agree that there are so many out there to choose. Since I prefer to fetch and send my child on my own, proximity is key. So you can narrow down if you have some preferences eg proximity, teaching styles, curriculum, etc. I visited quite a few before deciding. You can call up and visit those you narrowed down...

Carlisle

Gah! I'm still looking for a good and affordable pre-nursery school for my son. I'm actually getting frustrated because I could not find a school that's near our house. I actually found a school that is just walking distance from our place and very affordable too, however they only offer kindergarten studies and no nursery. I hope I can find a good school for my son soon.

raeka

Hi carlise ,
I put my son in premium pcf at Jw blk 662B.
Is a pre nursery class. Is gd n the teacher is very patient n caring .
E sch fee is $171.20.

Do u stay near ?

Shiney

Hi Raeka, we stay in Jurong west Blk 655B. Recently we moved to Singapore and im looking for a good pre-nursery for my 3 years son. Can u suggest something good.

kawenangela

should i enroll my child to a childcare, playgroup or nursery? what's the difference?...any suggestions in jurong/boon lay area?