**2011** Rabbit Mama Pls Gather here **

Tiggee

Check with your hospital, some hospital do rent out pump (at least u can try first?) Different brand, different design, if u big size.. some brand maybe the funnel is too small for u... and not suitable.. so :) ask ard.. gather more info first lor.. anyway in singapore quite easy to get one any time.
I know TMC got lend you try all their pumps for $15 if I'm not wrong. Or you can go the breastfeeding support group and try.

maneo0302

I know TMC got lend you try all their pumps for $15 if I'm not wrong. Or you can go the breastfeeding support group and try.
I will be delivering in Mt. Alvenia. Anyone knows whether they lend pumps?
I think i will try to bf b4 i go out to buy.

STmummy

Yes Mount Alvernia does lend their pump at no cost. But it was 2 years ago. I'm not sure if they are any changes now. However their pump is hospital grade type thus you won't be able to compare which type is better for you.

summertime

Yes Mount Alvernia does lend their pump at no cost. But it was 2 years ago. I'm not sure if they are any changes now. However their pump is hospital grade type thus you won't be able to compare which type is better for you.
oh really? I already buy the pump.. since i going to deliver in Mount A, shall ask for it...

PiggyHui

Nope. It's not too late. Im also deciding if I wanna buy before or after birth.
Hmm i have some friends whom doesnt have milk after giving birth..
I hope that i will have milk for my baby. Any Idea how mnay days after the baby is born we are able to produce milk?

This is my first baby. =)

maneo0302

Hmm i have some friends whom doesnt have milk after giving birth..
I hope that i will have milk for my baby. Any Idea how mnay days after the baby is born we are able to produce milk?

This is my first baby. =)
I think should be the first day that you've delivered. That first milk is the most impt milk i think

hotmilktea

Yup, a few hour after u delivered, nurse will bring baby to u for feeding. Each breast suck for 15mins to stimulate it. There will be milk, but not much. Baby don't need so much intake coz baby got storage for up to 3 days, after that need more milk and by tat time, ur breasts hv been stimulate for 3 days, there will be milk! Life is amazing ! My bestie just give birth last week, so she update and prepare me for mine ;)

I think should be the first day that you've delivered. That first milk is the most impt milk i think

maneo0302

Yup, a few hour after u delivered, nurse will bring baby to u for feeding. Each breast suck for 15mins to stimulate it. There will be milk, but not much. Baby don't need so much intake coz baby got storage for up to 3 days, after that need more milk and by tat time, ur breasts hv been stimulate for 3 days, there will be milk! Life is amazing ! My bestie just give birth last week, so she update and prepare me for mine ;)
Yeah. I have attended the antenatal classes and the lecturer told us that the baby will not be so hungry on the first few days.

hotmilktea

Yeah. I have attended the antenatal classes and the lecturer told us that the baby will not be so hungry on the first few days.
Ahhhh, can u share which one u go to? My huBBy and I are looking at some options. Glenge got a few, but is $230, normal price?

didy

actually what the mother produces in the first few days is not milk, its colostrum. but slowly after 5-6 days, the milk will come in.. so have to be patient and persevere and keep stimulating it

maneo0302

actually what the mother produces in the first few days is not milk, its colostrum. but slowly after 5-6 days, the milk will come in.. so have to be patient and persevere and keep stimulating it
ya. have to stimulate. i'm worried that I do not have milk too!

Becky

Those who have given birth at TMC, which is the recommended floor? Some rooms have been upgraded and you get a bigger LCD TV but with a few hundred dollars more per night. I dont think it's worth it. What do you say?

Tiggee

Those who have given birth at TMC, which is the recommended floor? Some rooms have been upgraded and you get a bigger LCD TV but with a few hundred dollars more per night. I dont think it's worth it. What do you say?
I thought all the rooms are renovated already?