2nd trimester.. pray hard for healthy baby

Doreen2906

So , soon you goin to do your detail n FA scan ?

No, I won't be going for the 2nd tri detail scan. My gynae told me that the detail scan can pick up around 95% of any abnormalities, and he can pick up around 93%, if I trust him, I can don't spend the money to go for the scan. And my hubby and I trust him, and my mum-in-law trust him alot too, as he has been the gynae for my mum-in-law ever since my hubby was born, he is extremely experienced and nice.

jespang

Hi Doreen and i1babies, I m now at 23rd wk.. did my FA scan 2 wks ago.. it only costs S$110 for me at SGH. I guess it depends on each individual, I rather spend this money and get a proper assurance cos to my understanding when I do my FA scan, it is done by sonographer n not by a gynae. For mine, she ask me to do a more detailed scanning due to my age n true enough, I can really see my baby's lip and nose and chin and even her spine and skull...:wong19:.. my girl keep sucking her hand...hehe....

As regard to tummy is smaller in the morning, I think it because we woke up with an empty stomach in the morning and as hours go by, we will eat our breakfast, brunch, lunch, snacks etc etc so I guess that y our tummy will become bigger in later part of a day???

i1babes

btw how old r u ? im 36 think i better do my detail scan ... really cant wait to my next scan :) pray hard for health baby :)

jespang

Hi, I just turn 37 few days ago... so extremely stress and worry as well... just hv to pray very hard that everything will go smoothly.

i1babes

i can feel u cos v both 1 yrs different only ... is ur 1st kids , who is ur gynae ? n which hospital will u delivery at?
but along is 23week , everything ok for u , how ur oscar scan result ? detail scan result ?

Doreen2906

Hi jespang, I know its easier said than done, but try to think of other stuffs whenever u find your tots straying to the stressful stuffs, your baby will feel your stress and worries too.. Take care!

Finally within these past few days, I can feel more frequent bubble-popping sensations in my tummy, which i believe are my baby kicking/punching inside! I found that its gets especially pronounced when I am having my meals! Such a funny but wonderful feeling...

Last edited:

jespang

Hi gals,

My gynae is at SGH so most probably I will delivery in SGH as well. So far no complain abt my gynae. As usual, alway hv to wait at least an hr for my turn and she always very very busy. Hv done both tests, my baby is fine n her organs are okay as well but her position is abit breech (which mean she lying at the lower part of my tummy). Hopefully her position will shift as she grow bigger.

As weeks goes by, my baby kicks and/or movement is getting stronger.. esp after meals or when I m going to sleep at night.

i1babes

so happy u can feel ur baby kick... im still early to feel ....
at time i really feel worries cos i didnt feel ANYTHING like im pregnant , am i think too much ???
hope everything is fine ... pray hard ...

jespang

Hi i1babes, u going to start feeling ur baby moves/kicks very soon... I started to feel during 17wks, initially was abit uncertain, dun know if that is my baby moving or I m just sensitive but slowly slowly you will be very sure that ur baby punching or kicking at ur tummy....hehe... is really an amazing feeling!!

i1babes

really cant wait to feel it ...... u know , me everyday talk to baby , hope tat i can feel baby kick soon , but im afraid i don know how to differential baby kick or stomach "sound"..paisek ..

and u know wat this few nite when i sleep i touch my lower stomach , i feel a "hard thing" and about palm size long , i know for sure not baby , cos baby now only like 4 inch cant not like a palm size long , then few second no more already , did u feel tat too ??/

jespang

I hardly talk to my baby cos dunno wat to say...:shyxxx:.. except sometime I will greet "good morning" or "good night" but it seem that I m talking to air... no response leh...hehe...

I dun really press my tummy very often but once awhile can feel my tummy is very hard. During my last visit, my doc mentioned that my uterus seem abit hard, told me to have more rest. Anyway dun think too much... very soon u will feel ur baby moving and trust me, u will feel more secure by then.

Btw, hv u start hunting for a confinement lady?? I was told by many people that now is abit late to start looking, must quickly book or else all the good ones are taken up.

i1babes

I hardly talk to my baby cos dont know what to say...:shyxxx:.. except sometime I will greet "good morning" or "good night" but it seem that I m talking to air... no response ...hehe...

I dont really press my tummy very often but once awhile can feel my tummy is very hard. During my last visit, my doc mentioned that my uterus seem abit hard, told me to have more rest. Anyway dont think too much... very soon you will feel your baby moving and trust me, you will feel more secure by then.

Btw, have you start hunting for a confinement lady?? I was told by many people that now is abit late to start looking, must quickly book or else all the good ones are taken up.
wat's wrong if uterus is hard? my next consultant will be at 6/12 , still long to wait :(
so u already book a confinement lady ?? any gd one to recommend? for my case i can only hv a daytime CF lady cos my hse no space for her to stay .. very sad i still stay at mil hse

i1babes

btw , want to share something wt you mummies , today i went to library register as member i got back a lots of freebies, very useful baby kit ( born to read , read to bond), include:
A Baby Journal (Journaled milestones & 25-page information guide)
Baby’s First CD (for foetus to enjoy; parents to learn to tell stories, nursery rhymes and lullabies)
Baby’s Height Chart (indicate baby’s developmental milestones and appropriate reading
but bugis NLB no stock , i got it from Ajunied NLB ...happyingggg :)

i1babes

hi hi .. i just come bk from dr .. is a baby boy :)
so wait for 2 more week to do detail scan at mt A
pray hard for healthy baby boy :) pray hard for all mummies here too .

maneo0302

I'm going for my 18th week visit to the gynea this Sat. Excited too, cuz i will be able to know my baby's gender and whether the baby is doing fine. No kickings felt yet though...

i1babes

not yet ;( only been to plaza sing ..mothercare but not so much choice .. any gd place to recomment ?