3.5mths Baby Milk Intake

Basha

Hi Mummies,

Just wondering how much does your baby @ 3.5mths consume the FM? Coz it seems for my baby its between 60ml-90ml only in 2hours interval. Nothing more than that coz he won't be able to finish it up. His current weight is abt 5+kg...is that norm..?

Coz when i did some reading baby @ his age should be abt 150ml or so...quite worried..he's still chubby though his milk intake is little...

Frenchkitty

hi my baby is 14 weeks this month, also 3.5mths and his intake is also like your baby's - 80-100ml every 2hours.. sometimes slightly more, sometimes slightly less but on average is 80-100ml.

And the even strangest thing is - his intake has been like that since forever... Ok lah, since he was 3 weeks old till now also same, never increase the amount.

But he still put on weight fine, he is 7kg now. So I dont really bother.
If your baby is putting on weight healthily then you dont have to worry :)

apollo

ds is 11 week old. actu he has started consuming 150ml and sometimes up to 190ml but recently he's ill so he can only finish 100ml every 3hourly.

my pd told me as long as ur baby double his weight on his 4th month, is okay. too heavy also not good... ds is 6.7 kilo, very tedious to carry him...

My baby is almost 3.5 months old. Currently about 6kg. She drinks about 4 (120ml) ounces every 2.5 to 3 hours.

Don't have to worry, as long as baby is growing well, milk intake doesn't really matter. Bcoz when my 2nd DD was still a baby, she was drinking about 2 to 3 ounces every 2.5 to 3 hours too and she is growing well too.

But if you think you are still worried, its best to seek a PD advice. ;)

Basha

hi my baby is 14 weeks this month, also 3.5mths and his intake is also like your baby's - 80-100ml every 2hours.. sometimes slightly more, sometimes slightly less but on average is 80-100ml.

And the even strangest thing is - his intake has been like that since forever... Ok , since he was 3 weeks old till now also same, never increase the amount.

But he still put on weight fine, he is 7kg now. So I dont really bother.
If your baby is putting on weight healthily then you dont have to worry :)
Hmm ok...sounds like its norm...yeah seems like the intake been the same since 3wks old like what u mentioned too! I've no idea what is my baby's current weight now probably 5-6kg..Gonna go for the 3rd mth jab soon so will get to know the current weight.

Basha

My baby is almost 3.5 months old. Currently about 6kg. She drinks about 4 (120ml) ounces every 2.5 to 3 hours.

dont't have to worry, as long as baby is growing well, milk intake doesn't really matter. Bcoz when my 2nd dear daughter was still a baby, she was drinking about 2 to 3 ounces every 2.5 to 3 hours too and she is growing well too.

But if you think you are still worried, its best to seek a pediatrician advice. ;)
Yeah, thx babe!

my PD gave me a formula to calculate how much a baby should drink when he's still on all milk... there's a lower limit and upper limit...

take his weight multiply by 150ml divided by number of feeds a day.. that's how much he should drink at every feed. multiply it by 200ml for the upper limit.

i used that for my ds. he was very small at birth coz he was pre-mature. now he has caught up in terms of weight.

uddermummy

the amt of milk should be based on the weight of the bb and not the age.

a rough gauge would be 20 to 30 ml for every kg for 3 hours. So if you bb is 5.5kg, it'll be 5.5 times 20 or 30ml, which would be 110 to 165ml.

bear in mind that this is a rough gauge, and you should increase or decrease according to your bb's appetite.

PinkDiamonds

My girl is approaching 4 months soon and currently weighs around 5.5-6kg. She drinks 150ml - 180ml every 3-4 hours. She is growing well. =)

Not to worry as each baby as his or her own intake. as long as not under or overweight. =)

Basha

my pediatrician gave me a formula to calculate how much a baby should drink when he's still on all milk... there's a lower limit and upper limit...

take his weight multiply by 150ml divided by number of feeds a day.. that's how much he should drink at every feed. multiply it by 200ml for the upper limit.

i used that for my dear son. he was very small at birth coz he was pre-mature. now he has caught up in terms of weight.
Hmm i did a rough calculation on your equation & seems that the milk consumed by my baby is just right... :)
Thx babe!