3D or 4D scan..anyone??

stjt

January84

me too went to ACJ end Nov but didn't know they have this 2D cum 3D machine leh...is it only Dr Khi has it? mine is Dr Wong

babylover

Hi all MTBs, I'm now 28wks+ and also so excited to have 3D/4D scan. But I'm wondering will there be any side-effect after the scan?

jojoki

HI yuiiko and babylover,

according to my gynae ultrasounds uses heat wave.. 3d is done very fast so no effect on baby bt bb probably would b able to detect the waves. Best time is between 30-34 weeks as there will be more fats under the baby skin so u will see the features better!! my 2 cents worth!

Feliz

Anyone recently did 3D/4D scan in thomson medical? What are the charges like and do we get the pictures and video? Do we need like referral letter from our gynae?
Thanks in advance.. =)

Anyone recently did 3D/4D scan in thomson medical? What are the charges like and do we get the pictures and video? Do we need like referral letter from our gynae?
Thanks in advance.. =)
My wife's pregnency package of $550 got free 3D scan. Ever since the detail scan and the previous one, my princess camera shy,keep hiding her face. Dr lawrance ang told us that he will keep using 3D scan till the day of deliver, meaning sure got one gynae visit can make it one as lesser and lesser space for the baby to move about. Think once the face captured, will be given picture of it. So if u ask me bout the charges, all i know is included in the package.

Feliz

My wife's pregnency package of $550 got free 3D scan. Ever since the detail scan and the previous one, my princess camera shy,keep hiding her face. Dr lawrance ang told us that he will keep using 3D scan till the day of deliver, meaning sure got one gynae visit can make it one as lesser and lesser space for the baby to move about. Think once the face captured, will be given picture of it. So if you ask me bout the charges, all i know is included in the package.

I paid $550 for the package too but not sure if its included.. Hmm.. Ur doc hav that machine in his clinic issit? Cos for mine i think i think to go down to Thomson hosp to do it therefore i guess it would be a diff charges..

iwan2noe

My wife's pregnency package of $550 got free 3D scan. Ever since the detail scan and the previous one, my princess camera shy,keep hiding her face. Dr lawrance ang told us that he will keep using 3D scan till the day of deliver, meaning sure got one gynae visit can make it one as lesser and lesser space for the baby to move about. Think once the face captured, will be given picture of it. So if you ask me bout the charges, all i know is included in the package.
Hey Daddy_Siansters,

I am also seeing Dr lawrance Ang. Did my detailed scan at TMC last fri but didnt get to do 3d/4d scan as i was told by Dr Ang that my gal's position is not right for the 3d scan..and like what u were told, dr ang also told me that he will keep doing the 3d scan until he capture my gal's face=P

I paid ard $116(b4 FIB discount) for the detailed scan :)

iwan2noe

I paid $550 for the package too but not sure if its included.. Hmm.. your doc hav that machine in his clinic issit? Cos for mine i think i think to go down to Thomson hospital to do it therefore i guess it would be a diff charges..
Hi felzdown,

I paid ard $116(b4 FIB discount) for the detailed scan :) at TMC....
Takes me ard 1hr+ including waiting time

Feliz

Hi felzdown,

I paid around $116(before FIB discount) for the detailed scan :) at Thomson Medical Center....
Takes me around 1hr+ including waiting time
Hi iwan2noe,

may i know wat is FIB? and also for e scan wat did they give u? e pictures n cd?

iwan2noe

Hi iwan2noe,

may i know what is FIB? and also for e scan what did they give you? e pictures and cd?
Hi felzdown,

If you are gg to deliver in TMC, then u can apply for FBI/SBI (First born incentive/second[or subsequent] born incentives) at $148 for 2 yrs membership(if didnt rem wrongly) and get a host of discounts. With this membership, u are entitled to $10% discount for ur detailed scan when u do it at TMC and alot more.

After the scan, the sonographer will explain to you on these scanned parts and will only give a a print out report of the parts on where they scan and measured for my bb :)

Hope this clarifies :)

Feliz

Hi felzdown,

If you are gg to deliver in Thomson Medical Center, then you can apply for FBI/SBI (First born incentive/second[or subsequent] born incentives) at $148 for 2 yrs membership(if didnt rem wrongly) and get a host of discounts. With this membership, you are entitled to $10% discount for your detailed scan when you do it at Thomson Medical Center and alot more.

After the scan, the sonographer will explain to you on these scanned parts and will only give a a print out report of the parts on where they scan and measured for my baby :)

Hope this clarifies :)
Hi there... Thanks for e info.. But still abit confuse cos my gynae are not in thomson hosp, but i wil be delivering in thomson.. So i was wondering if i could stil sign up for the FBI..

hueychye79

Hi there... Thanks for e info.. But still abit confuse cos my gynae are not in thomson hospital, but i wil be delivering in thomson.. So i was wondering if i could stil sign up for the FBI..
If you are deliver at Thomson Medival Center, you can apply for the FBI card...

iwan2noe

For those who is confused betw 3D and 4D scan, here is just some info :)

3D scan is motionless scan of your baby in various angle, while ,
4D scan is similar to 3D scan except that you can see the movements of ur bb better and more in 4D scan. Think of it like 3D scan like a camera while 4D scan is like a videocam...

Hope this clarifies :):001_302: