5 months TTC #1 30 y/o..still trying...!

carminetaupe

Hello fellow TTC-ers, as the thread title says, I'm 5 mths into TTC-ing for #1, currently 30 y/o. Am currently in the 2ww (2 week wait) period but I'm pretty pessimistic as my temperature isn't elevated. I keep feeling like we are doing something wrong, or thinking crazy thoughts about whether something is wrong with me? But so far I can't detect anything. But I've been to the neighbourhood women's clinic and did a hormone profile test, and everything seems normal. I also did an ultrasound and saw that apparently there's no blockage and that I have a very tiny cyst in the uterus that shouldn't affect anything. I don't really exercise, but I'm normal weight and have a normal cycle.

Moreover, my hubby got me pregnant before. Very early on before we got married, about 3-4 yrs ago, my hubby and I had unprotected once before, and got a BFP that we didn't want. It was definitely during a time when it was just non-conducive for a child. We were still unmarried and my SO then wasn't stabilised in his career and things were still uncertain between me and him; having a baby would've caused a huge strain on our relationship and career and it would have been a tough time to bring up a newborn then. I couldn't stomach the thought of potentially being a single mother. So we terminated it and went thru a D&C.

I just keep thinking how come it was so easy the last time but this time it takes so much effort! I'm just glad I can share my pent up emotions here with others that are going thru the same journey as me. Thank you for listening...

Dragontail

This further proves that things happen when we least expect it.

Are you both kinda stress out from trying for a baby?

youre still young and maybe god thinks it is not time yet....or if you don't wish to wait then see a fertility gynae to help with ovulation or further fertility assisted programs.

carminetaupe

in reply to Dragontail

Hi Dragontail, you're my first respondee on this forum! Thank you! Yeah I guess we both are. Especially because I guess we had unrealistic expectations that we would get pregnant immediately. I actually cried in both the 3rd and 4th month! But not this month, because after the 4th month I've been trying to look at things from a different perspective.

We did go see a gynae for the hormone profile test and all, but he didnt suggest anything assisted. He did already prescribe me half the dose of clomid...

Dragontail

Ttc journey can be emotional indeed.... Don't be too hard on yourself ya. Your time will come as you're young.

You got clomid and you started it? Did you go back to gynae to check if the clomid works for you?

syy

Re: in reply to Dragontail

Hi carminetaupe, I'm 29yo & been trying for a year. Though I'm kinda guilty to say we didn't try hard enough.. skip some months here & there.. hubby & me is planning to visit the gynae next month to check if there is any prob with us.

Am on Chinese meds for 4 cycles. Maybe you can try that? Most imptly relax & be cheerful. I believe what yours would be yours. . It will come naturally. I believe so for myself. :))

thejewel

Sorry to sound harsh. Before you abort your child back then, you should have thought that it will affect your chances of conceiving in future.
And also, you didn't cherish the blessing given then, so what makes you think you deserve one now?

ttcgal

Hi All,
I am 29 we are TTC first time for 2 months. Last month had a chemical pregnancy, and I am quite upset. Visited doctor Cordelia Han at Raffles and she said that if I have periods after 32 day cycle thats considered irregular! :-O I want to know what kind of tests I can do to find out if there is anything wrong. Also is it possible to walk-in at any women's clinic and do a hormone profile at reasonable costs? Dont really want to spend a lot $$ for basic tests. Thanks!

reiann

Sorry to sound harsh. Before you abort your child back then, you should have thought that it will affect your chances of conceiving in future.
And also, you didn't cherish the blessing given then, so what makes you think you deserve one now?

thejewel: not only is your comment harsh, it is unnecessary and untrue. an abortion does not necessarily affect future fertility, and you can keep your opinion about abortions to yourself. we are all free to have our opinions on abortion, and if you truly do want to start a debate on pro life or pro choice issues, let's get started then, between you and me, but leave the OP out of it. an abortion could be carried out for many more reasons that mean nothing to you, but to the world to the couple then, at that point in their lives. respect them for their decision.

OP: please don't fret. if you've only been TTC for a few months, it is NORMAL! it takes about a year for most couples to get successfuly pregnant. I understand where you are coming from. I also cried and got extremely moody and irrational in the 3rd to 5th month of unsuccessful TTC. I was obsessed: using ovulation kits and counting days etc. it made sex very tedious, like a chore, with no fun.

then, in the 6th month, I changed my perspective. we had a great ski holiday, I enjoyed the hot baths, the great food, the travelling, the snow, we had sex almost every day because, just because! we love each other and are into each other. then.. I was pregnant :) I think it helps, because now with my second pregnancy it's also similar -- I focussed on the sport I like to do, I got very 'in' to it, had sex as a secondary thing with husband, but we both had fun doing the sport together, and I also did lots of running etc. then I got successfully pregnant again.

if there is nothing 'wrong' with you and husband, then just take it easy. trust me... you will get pregnant, especially as you did the first time many years ago. and then you wish you could enjoy this time more, pre-child, just the two of you :)

good luck and hang in there. I think it's good to know when you're ovulating, but ditch the ovulation kit -- I find that more stressful than anything. go by counting your period dates, and check your CM (google online), and when you think you're reaching your ovulation days, have sex every or every other day, and enjoy it, most of all. if you tell yourself that you WILL get pregnant within the next year, then just take this time to enjoy it.