5 weeks pregnant & surrounded with heavy smokers

raoul

hello ladies,
just confirmed that i am 5 weeks pregnant & some people in my office are heavy smokers. i don't plan to blab the news anytime now (coz i experienced a miscarriage at 6 weeks on my last pregnancy). what should i do know?

xiaodaisy

u mean the ppl smoke inside the office? or they have to go somewhere outdoor to smoke?

i dont think there is any office which can smoke inside , so as long u avoid them while they are smoking can alrdy lor ..

raoul

Theyr my managers n boss. They smok inside the office, thats why sometimes i feel heavy breath when i smell or breath it. What should i do beside avoidibg them?
Pls help, need advice. Thx.

xiaodaisy

but its suppose not able to smoke inside the office right?

beside avoiding them , i donno wat else much u can do .. telling them off? doubt its hard since their r ur managers n boss

and since u didnt wanna let them know ur pregnant , they wont be tat kind either to stop smoking inside for u ..

u can go toilet or somewhere u wont be able to smell the smoke wenever they start smoking

den bring freshener to spray if ur uncomfortable with the smoke smell ..

hope it helps ..

1 more choice would be changing of job .. but doubt u wont too cos its not easy to find a job esp wen ur pregnant..

if ur unwell , u can always go to gynae to get MC and rest well at home ..

take care !

raoul

Dear xiaodaisy,
Yes u r right. I was thingking to take 1 or 2 month unpaid leave, just to rest until i pass the 1st trimester. Oh ya, I went to doctor, i've told her my conditions that i always feeling tired and panting sometimes & she didnt giv me any MC. She did vagina u/s & saw the sac and fetus inside but no heartbeat yet.
Maybe on my 2nd appointment two weeks later i will tell her again about those smokers.
Thanks xiaodaisy. Btw, howmany weeks u r in?

Phoebii Cheng

I think you need to let ur managers & boss know tht u r pregnant, so tht they will be kind enough to stop smoking in the office for you......it is not healthy to be in tht kind of environment

missyqiqi

I also agree with Phoebii Cheng that is best to let ur boss know that u r pregnant at least they will be kind enough to smoke outside. But is ur working environment air condition? I thought no smoking is allowed in the premises? So strange.. But inhale smoking throughout the pregnancy is not so good also.. best is to let them know otherwise u can take unpaid leave for the time being till ur 1st trim is over.

Btw CONGRATS and take care :D

xiaodaisy

Dear xiaodaisy,
Yes u r right. I was thingking to take 1 or 2 month unpaid leave, just to rest until i pass the 1st trimester. Oh ya, I went to doctor, i've told her my conditions that i always feeling tired and panting sometimes & she didnt giv me any MC. She did vagina u/s & saw the sac and fetus inside but no heartbeat yet.
Maybe on my 2nd appointment two weeks later i will tell her again about those smokers.
Thanks xiaodaisy. Btw, howmany weeks u r in?
no worries , the next appointment will hear the heartbeat .. =)

maybe u could ask her for MC den , my gynae ask me if i need them but i told him no need since i'm not working anymore

for the unpaid leave , a great idea too , but will it be hard since its almost yr end ?

i'm in my 16wks now =)

raoul

Thank you all for the advices. Really appreciate it :)
Yeah it's strange to smoke in an air-con rooms. Each of them have their own room & when they smoke they will open the window. But still wheb the door open i can smell it :(