6 month plus baby not eating or drinking well

hi

any mummies got any tips to share. my ds was on full bm until 6 month. we have been trying for two weeks introducing semi soild food like brown white, cerel, cerel with milk but he dont seem to know how to sallow and he give a weird look as if the food taste horrbile. so worried casue in addition to that since 2 month he only drink about 210ml a day 9which remain the same till now), which mean about 4 times during the day time , each time less than 60ml. check with 2 pd both say okie casue now he is about 7.4 kg. but so worry and wonder any thing with him.

what worse he wake up and scream every night at around 4.30 to 5 am. ????? anyone experience the same. pls share. thanks thanks

Phoebii Cheng

Could it be tht ur son is teething? cos' when my son is teething, he would drink v little milk and eat little.....they say tht when teething, the gums v painful to chew

Hv u tried giving ur son porridge? mayb u try a different variety of semi solids then u can find out what he likes, like pureed fruits, sweet potatoes, pumpkins etc....your porridge u can add in pureed veges & mashed meats like fish

Queenbabe

hi

any mummies got any tips to share. my ds was on full bm until 6 month. we have been trying for two weeks introducing semi soild food like brown white, cerel, cerel with milk but he dont seem to know how to sallow and he give a weird look as if the food taste horrbile. so worried casue in addition to that since 2 month he only drink about 210ml a day 9which remain the same till now), which mean about 4 times during the day time , each time less than 60ml. check with 2 pd both say okie casue now he is about 7.4 kg. but so worry and wonder any thing with him.

what worse he wake up and scream every night at around 4.30 to 5 am. ????? anyone experience the same. pls share. thanks thanks
My ds dun like to eat also , he will give the kind of look like the food taste horrible too so i intend to give him solid food when he turn 7months . As for drinking milk is fine for him sometimes not enough for him so i mus add in more cereal n increase until 300ml 3 or 4hr it depends but for night time will be longer hour sometime he wont wake up asking for milk can drag until the next morning 6-8am+ when he awake .

His sleeping time is 10-11pm+ , will let him take his last feed and then to sleep . Sometimes i will wake him up for milk b4 he wake me up hahaha ..
Now im training him to sleep throughout the night without asking for milk like last9 he take his last feed b4 he sleep at ard 11pm+ , he wake up this morning at 9am + then drink milk :tlaugh:

Queenbabe

Hmm maybe ur ds not drinking enough coz bm or did u pump out for him to drink ?
Oh ya is he teething now like what Phobeii say ?

hi dear mummies

thanks for reply. i pump out but each glass bottle contain about 60-70ml which he hardly can finished and he only drink 4 bottle the whole day. then when i come back home he see him he rejoice casue his "cow" is back he can suck for 2 hours. my life is worse than commerical cow. :) ya i give him fruits, veg, or soft cereal.... it seem like all taste horrbile...like elaine baby...

btw elaine u also bf? your baby not eating until 7 months?

hehe he cant be teething so long from 2 months he like that dont like to drink milk.... super stress ..............going crazy................

i so scare i dont know when this pattern will last, i am so tried waking up every 45 min if not 1/2 hour............................ sian

Queenbabe

hi dear mummies

thanks for reply. i pump out but each glass bottle contain about 60-70ml which he hardly can finished and he only drink 4 bottle the whole day. then when i come back home he see him he rejoice casue his "cow" is back he can suck for 2 hours. my life is worse than commerical cow. :) ya i give him fruits, veg, or soft cereal.... it seem like all taste horrbile...like elaine baby...

hehe he cant be teething so long from 2 months he like that dont like to drink milk.... super stress ..............going crazy................

i so scare i dont know when this pattern will last, i am so tried waking up every 45 min if not 1/2 hour............................ sian
Hi shirleyong ,

Im not BF heng if not how can i pump out 300ml everytime and my supply of milk is really totally Zero haiz , ds drinking FM . I intend to start solid food for ds once rch 7mths everyday slowly if not forever sure give that kind of weird look :001_302: so is ur ds teething now ? My ds have two when he was 5mth+ now can bite people :tlaugh:

I know it is tiring for u but now ur ds is 6mths old think his pattern is fixed ? Have u ever try asking PD abt y ds cannot even finish the
60-70ml of BF even he is growing well and also the sleeping hours ? Lastime my dd also like that don't like to drink also and wake up every night until grow older worse don't like to sleep early :( so i definitely understand ur feeling especially if u r working r u ?

joeichen

I think so bb juz reject solid food since they nvr try b4.
Will have to do this slowly, mayb try to give him milk wif cereal like elaine82. then slowly give give him more watery solid food n only 1 time a day.
C hw he react the decide hw to change his diet again.

Phoebii Cheng

hi dear mummies

I think ur son likes latching on to u rather than drink from bottle.......some babies like tht sometimes, my son when he was younger he oso likes to latch on more than drinking from bottle...but hv to slowly train him to drink frm bottle when I want to stop BF at 9mths

If ur son does not really like semi solids at the moment, try again later....

snowbear

hi

Some babies just take longer to accept semi-solid food (SSF). My DD is also like that. Started introducing SSF to her when she turned 6 months and it took quite long for her to start eating. Even now she's almost 10 months she still doesn't take in much SSF. She's super fussy and food that she used to eat (porridge and cereal), she has decided not to eat anymore. Headache also. My DD still on bm so when she fusses and refuses to eat SSF, i'd just latch her and she'd be like some desperate baby looking for the nipple. :tlaugh: Take it slowly la. Some babies just prefer milk to SSF for a longer time...

yungkimmy

hi...same with my DD......not want to eat n drink ( all semi solid foods and FM )

now she 8 months....when 6-7 months she refuse all ..just want my BM,,,,but that time i running out ler....so so worry....than try to increase my BM....

try all kinds of semi foods n fruit but she refused...luckily my mother got an idea....try to give her only poridge water ( i cook the japanese rice ) take the water only.....and she like it very much ler...... :)
maybe you can try it too.......first time the poridge water only than slowly give her cereal....
now my DD eat very well... everytime she eat,,,always have 3 small bowl,,,, cereal, poridge water and soup....n all always eat all..........

she now 8 month,,weight 11 kgs...... :)

hi...same with my DD......not want to eat n drink ( all semi solid foods and FM )

now she 8 months....when 6-7 months she refuse all ..just want my BM,,,,but that time i running out ler....so so worry....than try to increase my BM....

try all kinds of semi foods n fruit but she refused...luckily my mother got an idea....try to give her only poridge water ( i cook the japanese rice ) take the water only.....and she like it very much ler...... :)
maybe you can try it too.......first time the poridge water only than slowly give her cereal....
now my DD eat very well... everytime she eat,,,always have 3 small bowl,,,, cereal, poridge water and soup....n all always eat all..........

wow thanks so much for this tip, i will try tomolo. thanks. ya he woke up ten times last night and scream like someone mudering him. i super tired loh. thanks for your all kind advise and encourgament.

Hi shirleyong ,

Im not BF heng if not how can i pump out 300ml everytime and my supply of milk is really totally Zero haiz , ds drinking FM . I intend to start solid food for ds once rch 7mths everyday slowly if not forever sure give that kind of weird look :001_302: so is ur ds teething now ? My ds have two when he was 5mth+ now can bite people :tlaugh:

I know it is tiring for u but now ur ds is 6mths old think his pattern is fixed ? Have u ever try asking PD abt y ds cannot even finish the
60-70ml of BF even he is growing well and also the sleeping hours ? Lastime my dd also like that don't like to drink also and wake up every night until grow older worse don't like to sleep early :( so i definitely understand ur feeling especially if u r working r u ?
yes dear working. the funny thing is my staff ask me why i like to out eye shadow on my whole eyes. oh common i told them the top part is eye shadow and the bottom of my eyes is eye bag..... they laugh and never dare to say again. hahaha funny right. where got ppl put balck color eye shadow on the bottom of eyes.. not ghost lei. horrbile i feel like giving up bf but i feel guilty esp when i think how i preserve for my elder don to 2 years. aya nop choice liev a day by a day... i am looking forward to my next business trip so that i can have good night rest. poor ds and dh. dh will face my crying son.....

thank God i got good helper, yesterday try feeding my ds to eat, as he still dont know how to eat, everything i feed her reject and give me that weird look... i so fed up and rasie my voice at him. ayo i worse than my helper who patiently feed him even each time he reject. but sacre she only show for me to see..

oh how i wish ds can have a miracle breakthrough in his biological clock. sleep the whole night.... so angry with him yesterday he slept through from 9am to 3 noon, never even drink milk loh. then night time wake up ten times.... feel like slapping him. now my back is super aching and eye bag is super dark. ... plannign to go for reconstruction of eye after i stop bf....

snowbear

My DD hates porridge water. In general she doesn't like watery stuff except bm and plain water! Every baby is different. Not every baby takes soupy stuff well...