7 wk old baby concerns

mangobees

Hey mummies

I may just be a worry wart (i hope this is the case) but i'm really concerned my 7 wk old baby seldom engages in eye contact, hasn't really started on social smiles and frowns a lot. :(

I try to talk to my baby alot unless my helper does the feeding and looking after. I do remind my helper to interact with my baby too. Sometimes my baby responds and sometimes he doesn't. He seems more interested in his surroundings. He does cry when he is over stimulated.

Should i be worried??? :confused:

lyra

You can check baby's development stated in a checklist in the health booklet. All babies dev at their own pace. Your bb sounds like mine when he's 2 month. Shd be ok. Mine didn't do social smiles then too although he loves smiling. He also likes to frown. But now he's older n can make more n funnier facial expressions, he seems to frown lesser.

hueychye79

Hey mummies

I may just be a worry wart (i hope this is the case) but i'm really concerned my 7 wk old baby seldom engages in eye contact, hasn't really started on social smiles and frowns a lot. :(

I try to talk to my baby alot unless my helper does the feeding and looking after. I do remind my helper to interact with my baby too. Sometimes my baby responds and sometimes he doesn't. He seems more interested in his surroundings. He does cry when he is over stimulated.

Should i be worried??? :confused:
I still remember my son start to give a lot of respond by showing his face expression is around 6 months....

Dont worry, at least sometimes he give you a respond...

At this moment his eyes only attract by 3 color....

cocosay

At 7 weeks old, their can see things less than a metre and usually blurry. Place you face close to him and speak to him gently. Always greet him in the morning with lots of smiles and cheery hellos. Avoid direct sunlight on his face or direct lightings, especially those in the shopping malls. Always cover the pram when he sleeps flat in the pram when you stroll in the mall. The spotlights above are very glaring. Imagine yourself lifting you heads and walk underneath those lightings?

cn naz

My baby started smiling at me when she's 3 months old. And I noticed at that age she started to focus her eye on an object or me. Before that, she barely smiled or looked at me.

mangobees

Thanks mummies. At least i'm comforted by your experiences. I cant wait for the day to come when he starts smiling and responding more cos right now he is sleeping most of the time, if not crying. Haiz...