7mo baby refused to eat porridge cooked with vegetables

Xmasbaby

I introduced cerealac for morning and brown rice powder with milk for afternoon since 6mo, so far so gd.

Lately, I double-boiled the porridge with blended broccoli and carrot, my baby doesnt like and refused to eat. Nx attempt, I double-boiled with pumpkin and spinach instead, she also didnt want to eat. She is hungry and wants milk instead.

I read that we usually start with the vege food group first before moving on to meat and alternatives, is it true?

As a start, normally what ingredients u all put for the porridge? pls advise.

Thanks...

apollo

dont give up. keep letting her to try. if she refuse to eat, try again few days later. my son used to reject carrot but aft sometime he slowly accepts it and now he loves carrot and the other veg lik broccoli, spinach..

Amulet

dont give up. keep letting her to try. if she refuse to eat, try again few days later. my son used to reject carrot but after sometime he slowly accepts it and now he loves carrot and the other veg lik broccoli, spinach..
yeah this!

i started my girl on semi-solid with vege puree (sweet potato infact) she reject it at first.. but after a few tries, she start taking it.. then we move on to other root veges, fruits and vege..

now at 3 yrs+ she loves her vege more than meat.. any kinds of vege as long as it's not spicy, she takes it, including bittergourd..

I tried Spinachs first and she rejected oso, so I learnt frm other mummies to boil wif lean pork So the porridge will be sweeter, and it works! Now she finish 3 - 5 tablespoons of porridge, tried pumpkin and carrots, she love it too! I heard carrots cannot eat too much, baby will turn orange. Haha dunno real anot!

smallsmallhand

yes, it's true too much carrot will turn yellow...not orange. it happened to my sister when she was on veg/fruit diet. we also try not to give pumpkin too often. spinach has nitrate, also not advisable to give frequently. we often give broccoli, french beans, cauliflower, sweet potato, potato. what we have been adding to the porridge is a tiny piece of garlic and onion for immunity and a drop of extra virgin olive oil for the smoothness. so far my son always finishes his porridge...a veg, a meat, tiny bit of garlic and onion plus olive oil, 12 tablespoons of cooked porridge in total.

Xmasbaby

I tried Spinachs first and she rejected oso, so I learnt frm other mummies to boil wif lean pork So the porridge will be sweeter, and it works! Now she finish 3 - 5 tablespoons of porridge, tried pumpkin and carrots, she love it too! I heard carrots cannot eat too much, baby will turn orange. Haha dunno real anot!
Thanks, next time I will try to boil with lean pork. :)

An old aunty just advised that can boil with ikan bilis or red dates, have you tried before? Dont know whether it works...

By the way, I am new to this forum, what's diff betw "Reply" and "Reply With Quote"? :p

Xmasbaby

yes, it's true too much carrot will turn yellow...not orange. it happened to my sister when she was on veg/fruit diet. we also try not to give pumpkin too often. spinach has nitrate, also not advisable to give frequently. we often give broccoli, french beans, cauliflower, sweet potato, potato. what we have been adding to the porridge is a tiny piece of garlic and onion for immunity and a drop of extra virgin olive oil for the smoothness. so far my son always finishes his porridge...a veg, a meat, tiny bit of garlic and onion plus olive oil, 12 tablespoons of cooked porridge in total.
Thanks, I like the idea of adding garlic, onion and extra virgin olive oil!!! :D

Thanks, next time I will try to boil with lean pork. :)

An old aunty just advised that can boil with ikan bilis or red dates, have you tried before? Dont know whether it works...

By the way, I am new to this forum, what's diff betw "Reply" and "Reply With Quote"? :p

Hehe reply with quote is this

Without quote is this. Normal post like this,

I tried the red dates(gou qi) the small type,sweetens the porridge and it's good for eyes. But my girl can't seems to digest it, will poo it out. Ikan billis oso sweet. I used to use dried scallops, cos she fussy during teething, but that one really very yummy, so flavory! Hahaha! Now she's on rice le, basically start with vege then fish, old aunties will say threadfin fish(nong he) in hokkien, expensive fish, but it's good for baby, when cook smash it, very soft for babies to swallow, my bb eat vege plus fish for 2 mths!!! Hahahaha!! Diff vege daily, but sometimes will feed her funny stuffs, what I eat I feed her abit, so shes not fussy eater le. 8mths I gave her mince chicken/pork, I bought from market and come home re blend it, so when cook it's really very tiny bit, worry choke her, now she eat whatever I take, except egg white and seafood. Now hitting 10mths le, she never pick her food, which I think it's very gd!!!

Xmasbaby

Without quote is this. Normal post like this,

I tried the red dates(gou qi) the small type,sweetens the porridge and it's good for eyes. But my girl can't seems to digest it, will poo it out. Ikan billis oso sweet. I used to use dried scallops, cos she fussy during teething, but that one really very yummy, so flavory! Hahaha! Now she's on rice le, basically start with vege then fish, old aunties will say threadfin fish(nong he) in hokkien, expensive fish, but it's good for baby, when cook smash it, very soft for babies to swallow, my bb eat vege plus fish for 2 mths!!! Hahahaha!! Diff vege daily, but sometimes will feed her funny stuffs, what I eat I feed her abit, so shes not fussy eater le. 8mths I gave her mince chicken/pork, I bought from market and come home re blend it, so when cook it's really very tiny bit, worry choke her, now she eat whatever I take, except egg white and seafood. Now hitting 10mths le, she never pick her food, which I think it's very gd!!!
Thanks for your sharing. Your whole process sounds very interesting! :D :D Happy exploring baby food together!!!

Xmasbaby

Oh, onion is big onion or small onion? ;P

Xmasbaby

I have a few questions here...

1. Egg yolk: How do I give egg yolk? Mashed into the porridge?
2. Dried beans: Examples? How?
3. Liver: Read "Meat/ Liver" under the Meat & Alternatives food group, liver can meh? What kind of liver? Pig? Chicken?
4. Green vege: Besides broccoli and spinach, what other options are gd?

Thanks in advance for your input!!! :D

Wonder y I can't post it!!!!

I have a few questions here...
My answers in red! Hope it helps!
1. Egg yolk: How do I give egg yolk? Mashed into the porridge?
Egg yolk to be given at 9mths old, hard boil egg yolk then mash the yolk with the porridge or rice. Cos usually my girl porridge is those thicker/drier type she prefers.
2. Dried beans: Examples? How?
So far have not't Start on beans. Hahaha
3. Liver: Read "Meat/ Liver" under the Meat & Alternatives food group, liver can meh? What kind of liver? Pig? Chicken?
I also have not't start on liver, red meat I started . Beef . Minced beef for me. Same way as I make the minced pork and chicken

Vegetables for me is usually spinach,broccoli,pumpkins,carrots,sometimes I put apple in and cook also. Hehehe

4. Green vege: Besides broccoli and spinach, what other options are good?

Thanks in advance for your input!!! :D

Always eat with yr baby, I heard from old aunties that when u share food with yr child, next time the bonding is very close, so I always try her food! Hahaha, when she takes a mouth I will oso take a small mouth and say share share very nice, from then on till now, whatever food she holds herself and eat, like apple, biscuits, cherry, she will bite a mouth and when I say share and open my mouth, she will put it in my mouth for me to bite. Hahahaha :001_302:

smallsmallhand

Small onion, a.k.a shallots. I prefer to buy lean meat and mince at home and blend cos never know which part of meat included in min e and if machine is properly cleaned. We also try water cress, xiao bai cai at 10months. Always have asparagus. Radish also very sweet, can try.

Small onion, a.k.a shallots. I prefer to buy lean meat and mince at home and blend cos never know which part of meat included in min e and if machine is properly cleaned. We also try water cress, xiao bai cai at 10months. Always have asparagus. Radish also very sweet, can try.
Mummy, I sometimes mince myself oso! Haha, wanan ask u, asparagus right, how to cook it till soft? She's still learning to chew wif her two small tooth, worry choke but Always have the urge to let her eat asparagus.

smallsmallhand

We usually get the skinny ones and just cook them in water which later is the soup for the porridge. Then we blend it. The stem is abit tricky. So you may wish to try the top part first. It's actually very tender after cooked. We fed son asparagus when he was toothless...hahaha