7mo baby refused to eat porridge cooked with vegetables

Xmasbaby

Always eat with yr baby, I heard from old aunties that when u share food with yr child, next time the bonding is very close, so I always try her food! Hahaha, when she takes a mouth I will oso take a small mouth and say share share very nice, from then on till now, whatever food she holds herself and eat, like apple, biscuits, cherry, she will bite a mouth and when I say share and open my mouth, she will put it in my mouth for me to bite. Hahahaha :001_302:
okie, okie! Thanks for your sharing! :))

Xmasbaby

Small onion, a.k.a shallots. I prefer to buy lean meat and mince at home and blend cos never know which part of meat included in min e and if machine is properly cleaned. We also try water cress, xiao bai cai at 10months. Always have asparagus. Radish also very sweet, can try.
Thanks! Radish is white carrot?

smallsmallhand

err...not too sure if radish will be too 'cold' for babies cos in the first place we don't know it is a 'cold' veg but we have given other more 'cold' veg in comparison to him like water cress...

Xmasbaby

err...not too sure if radish will be too 'cold' for babies cos in the first place we don't know it is a 'cold' veg but we have given other more 'cold' veg in comparison to him like water cress...
Oh, heard from my mum that both radish and water cress are 'cold' vege, not so gd for babies. It's better to stick to spinach, broccoli, red carrots & etc... By the way, if you add eg red dates, ji zi inside the porridge, radish is definitely a no no... cos the herbs will lose its effectiveness...

Xmasbaby

Recently, I attempted to cook porridge with blended broccoli again. My girl ate almost 1/4 bowl. But I seemed to find bits of broccoli in her poo and it had a sour smell. She couldnt digest the broccoli??

Amulet

Recently, I attempted to cook porridge with blended broccoli again. My girl ate almost 1/4 bowl. But I seemed to find bits of broccoli in her poo and it had a sour smell. She couldnt digest the broccoli??
it's quite normal but at least she is eating it already.. Yipee! her digestive system will mature up soon enough to digest the broccoli better..

Xmasbaby

it's quite normal but at least she is eating it already.. Yipee! her digestive system will mature up soon enough to digest the broccoli better..
Yeah, thanks! The sour smell was scary, we almost thought of putting off broccoli till a later date. :)

Amulet

Yeah, thanks! The sour smell was scary, we almost thought of putting off broccoli till a later date. :)
hmmm.. i think the sour smell is normal..

my girl used to poop daily.. until ard 4-5months her pooping pattern changed n only start to poop once in 2-3 days.. once she poop, there is a sour smell too.. kinda like spoilt milk + poop kind..

Xmasbaby

hmmm.. i think the sour smell is normal..

my girl used to poop daily.. until ard 4-5months her pooping pattern changed n only start to poop once in 2-3 days.. once she poop, there is a sour smell too.. kinda like spoilt milk + poop kind..
oh ya, my girl's pooping pattern changed to 2-3 days too ard 4-5 mths, we got quite worried that time too. Lol But nw its back to everyday. :) I think, so long they are eating, sleeping and growing well, we dont hv to worry too much about their poo-poo. :)) Just hv to make sure their poo-poo is in the right texture. :D

Ivy Miao

Try not to feed white carrot. White carrots are meant to wash ur intestines and stomach. Kind of detox.. U won't want all the nutritions inside baby to be all washed out.. White carrot soup can be fed at later age. :)

missykiwi

Always eat with yr baby, I heard from old aunties that when u share food with yr child, next time the bonding is very close, so I always try her food! Hahaha, when she takes a mouth I will oso take a small mouth and say share share very nice, from then on till now, whatever food she holds herself and eat, like apple, biscuits, cherry, she will bite a mouth and when I say share and open my mouth, she will put it in my mouth for me to bite. Hahahaha :001_302:
Hi, sometimes i also feel like giving her my food but my food got put soya sauce/salt, i thought its not good for baby? TIA! :)

Hi, sometimes i also feel like giving her my food but my food got put soya sauce/salt, i thought its not good for baby? TIA! :)
How old is your baby now? I usually eat her food, like porridge with cod fish / threadfin fish, with vege, erm, both me and bb prefers cod fish cos it's sweeter when boil with porridge or steam it, now as she grows older, 11months soon, I feed her whatever I eat, put lesser salt, when outside she shows interest in whatever we eat, so I just feed her, no seafood or oily stuffs, if Bo bian feed her outside food, I will feed her drink more juice or water lor! Haha

missykiwi

How old is your baby now? I usually eat her food, like porridge with cod fish / threadfin fish, with vege, erm, both me and bb prefers cod fish cos it's sweeter when boil with porridge or steam it, now as she grows older, 11months soon, I feed her whatever I eat, put lesser salt, when outside she shows interest in whatever we eat, so I just feed her, no seafood or oily stuffs, if Bo bian feed her outside food, I will feed her drink more juice or water lor! Haha
My baby is going 9 months soon. Because the food i ate is always contain sugar, salt etc. That's why i dont dare to feed her even though she kinda show interest in my food. But as for apple or pear, i'll let her taste abit when i am eating it. Hee! Anyway, is it ok to let her drink those Heinz or Gerber prune/apple juice etc?

Yes! Must eat more fruits! U can scrape your apple and feed her, I only give her the black current or apple or the prune with apple, never gave her prune juice directly cos worry later she pass poo poo too much. Hahaha. 9mths ok lah I feel, can start trying mummy food already! But maybe those not salty not too sweet and not too oily food. Haha.