9 mth old baby boy fell from bed :(

Summer01

Hi all,

Mummy to baby very, thx for sharing :)

Irisskk, pediatrician recommend to go for xray too but he did not see my son, only through phone calls. I think they rather play safe than sorry later. In the end I listen to GP and hubby, did not do xray as baby still young and looks fine.

Nurman02, initially boy boy did cry, then daze, then act normal. I guess he must be thinking what this mummy doing , keep crying and hugging me. Haha!

Apollo, ya, me kiasi! :) have not found any helmet yet :p

My girl fell from the bed when she was about 7 mths old.she fell face down and hit her gum and her gum was bleeding and she was like crying hysterically. My hubby n I immediately sent her to a&e and I still rmbr she was still crying non stop throughout the whole journey. Imagine we stay jurong travel to Kkh...I was also crying with her. In the end the doc wanted her to be admitted for observation coz she was quite young.
Then the doc still asked if my girl slp in those Yao LAN anot,I told him no coz I really dun like babies to slp in those. The doc also told us that many babies were admitted due to fall from Yao LAN and the injuries may be very serious so he repeatedly told us not to use that. I'm quite glad he actually said that too coz during that time my mil kept asking my hubby to put bb in Yao LAN which is pissing me off!!

Porukadotzu

my girls too fell off the bed numerous times, the eldest one now 2 yrs old just few nights ago fell off the bed when she was asleep on our bed ( i wasnt around :embarrassed:)..one time she was jumping on the bed coz too excited playing and swoosh off the bed! i was so shock but lucky she was sliding on padded blanket!

and my youngest one 11mth so far fell off the bed once when she was learn to flip, knock her gum once when she learn to pull her self up, and knock her head once when she learn to climb chair (small chair)

i guess many accident will happen if the guardian wasn't paying attention even just few sec.

but sometimes nomatter how safe we make the environment for our kids, still happen too. so i think we shouldn't be too panicky bout this...hee..

ofcoz if baby fell off very high ground need to monitor closely for any vomitting, baby eyes movement, or restless then need to go emergency alrdy.

Eryna

Hi all,

Mummy to baby very, thx for sharing :)

Irisskk, pediatrician recommend to go for xray too but he did not see my son, only through phone calls. I think they rather play safe than sorry later. In the end I listen to GP and hubby, did not do xray as baby still young and looks fine.

Nurman02, initially boy boy did cry, then daze, then act normal. I guess he must be thinking what this mummy doing , keep crying and hugging me. Haha!

Apollo, ya, me kiasi! :) have not found any helmet yet :p
Hi !

If you really wants to buy a 'helmet' for your baby....u can find them in United square level 2 nt sure the name of the shop but they sell those kind of helmet which prevent from todler getting ping pong ball on their head!

good luck!

lynnie85

Actually you can also try to place soft mat near your bed. If not, what my mum did was she remove my bed frame and now my bed is on the floor...Personally, if possible, try to let your baby to sleep in his own bed, at least it's safer and you don't have to buy barriage.