A simple question for mum & dad ?

`julee

cheap.. 2nd hand or otherwise in good condition.. coz soon either u wan to sleep with the baby or the baby grows up and wans to sleep with u..so why waste money? :p

dek2k8

Alpha Male
100% agreed, so do I.
the child is growing in a very faster rate;
clothes & shoes for children are extremely expensive in our living place.
I have no choice! :)

jeSsie_Dz

cheap for my choice.. anyway my kiddos only use mattress on the floor..
till now i also dun buy clothes for kiddos.. all r pass down or my mum buy for them.. :)

Happydays-shop

Which baby bed would you prefer to buy, expensive or cheap price one?

:SLEEP::D:)
what kind of baby bed?
i bought baby cot for my girl but she dont like to sleep on it.
she prefer to sleep on queen size mattress so she can roll and flip around.
but me normally buy 2nd hand one, as long as its in good conditions den no need waste $$ buy new one.

huihui

U mean bb cot? Get a cheap bb cot will do. Coz they grow out of size very fast. My DS now only 5mths.. n the bb cot seems so small to him.. he cant roll much in the cot and cry whenever his hands/legs get stuck inbtwn the 'holes'.

Ting

bougth a cot for my girl whch cost almost 500 bucks including the mattresses n stuff...in the end, she nvr even slp in it...only for the first mth then after tt slp with me or my paretns...LOL. total waste of money...but lucky this one can revert into a bed when she is older....so can let her slp when she grows older lor..hehe.:001_302:

daberdew

I bought a baby cot for my ds... slept in it till 5 mths... now sharing bed with me and hubby.

I will buy an average priced mattress when he starts to sleep alone in his bed ba.... :)

autumn82

My DD has been sleeping in the baby cot (quite cheap $200+) from Ikea since birth till 3yr+ and now that cot is occupied by DS.. :p

elmo168

My boy sleep in the baby cot during the nap or nite time. We will put him in the playpan during the day time where he is free to lay down for awhile if he is tired.
I was told that baby cot is better as it is more solid and good for their back but there is one hazard which need to take note. When the baby grow and they know how to swing their hand and leg, the chances of it get stuck in between the gap will increase. The problem is, one got stuck, they don't know how to back out and it might hurt them in the end.
My sis keep on remind me when my baby is abt 4mth. I keep on telling myself that I will think of a way to protect him. It is never done until on nite when I was watching him playing in the baby cot and it happen very fast that his leg just come out in between the gap of the cot. The next minute, my maid and I were busy putting netting around the cot. Luckily nothing happen to him.

anonfire

Alpha Male
cheap. i bought an expensive baby cot and my kid refuse to sleep in it. he prefers sleeping on the mattress in our room. so ill definitely advice you to buy something cheap. when he is older then you can consider getting a mroe expensive permament bed.

redjn

agree to get a cheap one as children out grow very fast. anyway, my is a handover fm my sister so not issue for me. the cot is quick big as till now (my boy is 2.5 yrs old now) my boy still sleeping in it. if u must buy make sure u get a bigger size cot, should be able to get it at a price range of $100 - $150 especially during sales u get even cheaper or i can source for a 2nd hand cot on ebay / ebid some parent sell them for as low as $50 - $100 if anytime higher then $100 I rather buy a new one.

uddermummy

actually a mattress will do.

thank goodness the cot was a hand me down cos now sleeping on the mattress on the floor with dd. easier to feed her at night and pat her back to sleep.

Ting

neither.
cos end up baby dun slp in cot.
aunt bought one for pin.
add up to 500 plus. (but can convert into normal bed when older)
dad damn annoying, dunno for what wanna go "lend" his fren the cot.
then they nvr use, nvr return oso!
pin only slpt for the first 2 mths only.
dunno they sold it anot.
damn annoying!

uddermummy

neither.
cos end up baby dont sleep in cot.
aunt bought one for pin.
add up to 500 plus. (but can convert into normal bed when older)
dad damn annoying, dont know for what wanna go "lend" his friend the cot.
then they never use, never return also!
pin only slpt for the first 2 mths only.
dont know they sold it anot.
damn annoying!
ask the cot back from them? why they so don't know how to zuo ren one?

redjn

ya u should get back especially it cost so much. if your child not using it u can still sell it at a low cost to get som e cash back..