Activities you do with your kids.

leey

Fishing! Wow..sounds fun. Where do you usually go fishing? Dunno of much place in S'pore where one can fish.
Hi, we are far as wondered.

Our side is in Hong Kong;

Just go to the south area with many fishing spot here.:001_302:

But the kids are playing than fishing as they are motive ...

IJmum

ya thanks...
as i have yet to purchase crayons for him, i let him pretend doodle with an eraser pencil...and to prevent him from 'tasting' it, i will feed him bits of snacks while he sits on his high chair and 'doodle'.
any recommendations of art and craft materials especially crayons?
TIA

Hi jedamum, yr boy is only 16mths. Maybe that's why activities like art & craft are not so suitable for him? His 'problem' of wanting to taste the materials may be due to his age, not a real problem. I only let my boy do art & craft when he was 30mths old. Haha! By then he can understand instructions better. He also shows more interest in cutting, pasting, using crayons, painting etc.

When my boy was 16mths old, all he did was play with his toys! Which I think is good for them at that age. Don't despise playing hor, children learn alot when playing with toys. Hehe. :tlaugh:

Take it easy and let them enjoy their toddlerhood. :Dancing_tongue:

IJmum

Hi, we are far as wondered.

Our side is in Hong Kong;

Just go to the south area with many fishing spot here.:001_302:

But the kids are playing than fishing as they are motive ...
Oh you are in HK! :tlaugh: Been there once, all i did was shop shop shop, eat eat eat. Haha!

rykiel

My DS is coming 27months, let him tried painting. Loves it. Other than that, either watching tv, playing with toys, reading his books, yakking with his toys.. dunno what to do with him at times.. feel lousy mans.. -.-"" trying to find new things to interest him !

IJmum

I've created a simple blog to write about the activities I do with my son. Welcome anyone to drop by the blog and post your comments and suggestions. Thanks!

TEACHING ISAAC

cheers! :Dancing_wub:

wifenmummy

i read books w my ds everyday.

he enjoys leappad little touchpad, flash cards.

he also watch barney n friends n your bb cn read.

but lately, im very tired. my boy is so active n now he's teething, he is a bit cranky..

:shyxxx:

ocee

among others noted earlier, i/hubby/my mom/our auntie also do the ff with our turning 5 girl:

she plays with her scooter while we watch her practice
play wii sports (her favorite is bowling and tennis), mario cart racing
leap pad book games
spelling books
play at kidzui.com together (she loves this a lot)

klearad

Wow thanks to all mummies for their great ideas. Hee we have been collecting ideas on what to do and play with our bb gal. She is currently 7mth old. I have run out of ideas of what to do/play with her each day. Currently, its playing kids songs and do action and talk to her.

Am trying to set up a fun curricular to do/play with her till she reach 18mths old. Growing plant from a beansprout sounds very fun to us. And hopefully to bring her to museums or farms when she can walk.