Advice: Divorce Lawyer Recommendation

rainelle

Hi All,

I am planning to file divorce with my husband and I would like recommendation on good and sincere lawyer who do not charge a hike for contested divorce procedures.

Background:

We have been living separately since May 2011, but we did tried to be together again in mid Jun 2012 which only lasted for one month. We do not owned any house, but we do have a daughter, which I would like to have sole custody. (My girl has been taken care by my family and myself, all this while when we are not together.)
Relationship between us has been maintained friendly and positively with him providing monthly allowance since Jan/Feb 2012. However, he started ignoring my texts and did not pass me any cents since Dec 2015. He then later blocked my contact when I requested him to file for divorce, since he did not want to take care of any responsibilities.

I am not able to get any replies from him, for months now. Therefore, I am expecting my divorce journey to be more complicated and draggy.

I really appreciated if you are able to provide me with advice/recommendation on my case. Thank you in advance for your help!

Last edited:

jojotlm

Hi Rainelle, sorry to hear your state of marriage and I just join this website otherwise, I would response to you asap. How's your divorce status now? I've self represented and helped several and know the how damn freaking divorce process like the back of my hand now. But first, are you Singaporean ? Are you a Muslim ? cos I know nuts about Shariah law.

Sri1985

Hi All
Anyone looking for a reasonable and good divorce lawyer let me know..
I hv gone through the divorce process together with the help of my lawyer and she was really good and patient..
PM me to get her details

Bravesoul

Hi Rainelle, here are some tips to look out for a good divorce lawyer.

Firstly, you should look for a divorce lawyer with enough experience to provide you with sound legal advice to help you take on the best course of action on your marriage. You should feel comfortable talking and confiding to your lawyer. Your lawyer should take a genuine interest in your case and interact highly with you in finding the best way out.

In the case you are entering into a contested divorce, you should make sure the charges are made transparent to you and that the services provided by your attorney are priced reasonably. Make no assumptions about any costs. Do also note that there is no such thing as a flat fee divorce unless your partner absolutely consents to divorce in your terms.

You should focus on finding a lawyer with the right expertise to handle your case and not find a lawyer simply based on the size and brand establishment of the law firm.

I happen to come across a few informative articles on divorce on this website. You may want to check this at www.huffe.com/good-divorce-lawyer-singapore.

lysagrey93

There are a few of them actually. A lot depends on what you want to get out of the divorce. I mean if you want a simple no strings attached divorce there are a lot of attorneys that deal with these types of cases every day.
If you have a more complicated situation like I had with my first husband it will take some searching. I had a very abusive first husband who would beat me up regularly and I would spend a lot of time at the hospital. I was too scared to leave him but after a particularly nasty fight I got the courage that I needed and I left him. I needed a divorce attorney that also had experience with domestic abuse cases and that is a little harder to find because a lot of the times we as the victims just don't come forward. It took me a while to find a decent lawyer but he has been my saving grace during the whole process. If you guys want some extra information about him and his practice you can click here and see it for yourselves.
I am very grateful to this man. He saved me from a life of fear that's for sure
I am hoping you will be okay

Last edited:

olivi1980

I never thought before that the divorce procedure was so hard. That's why I think that if I get married, I will insist on a prenuptial agreement; it will help avoid unpleasant future situations. I think it's always better to be extra reassured and not have to worry about anything. I was once hit by a cyclist while walking in the park. He brazenly broke the rules and wanted to make it my fault. But I got help from https://www.oxnerpermarlaw.com/personal-injury/, and these guys helped me prove my innocence and get compensation.