Advise needed...

hui_ru_88

Hi

My husband and I are now planning for second child.

The problem we are facing now is for the past 9 months, I have been taking contraceptive pills (Mercilon) to control my menses and of course, prevent pregnancy.

After my last dosage of Mercilon which lasted for 35 days, I had my menses last Tuesday night. On Monday night, my menses ended. But today, I experience some spotting again. During the menses period, I didn’t start a new pack of Mercilon.

Now, I am confused how come I am experiencing spotting again? Is it because I stopped Mercilon completely?

Hope to hear from you soon.

stonston

When you stop contraceptives, it's normal for you body to go abit haywire and your menses may not regulate on it's own for quite some time.

But with advances in technology, most oral contraceptives are mild and upon stopping, you should be able to ovulate properly unless you have other underlying medical issues. Best to call up your gynae to check.

hui_ru_88

When you stop contraceptives, it's normal for you body to go abit haywire and your menses may not regulate on it's own for quite some time.

But with advances in technology, most oral contraceptives are mild and upon stopping, you should be able to ovulate properly unless you have other underlying medical issues. Best to call up your gynae to check.
What you said is true.

But because of my status, it is not so convenience to call my gynae.