advise on fall

arn0432

Alpha Male
Hi mummies..need a feedback..
my DD had her first fall from bed dis week n she's coming to 6 mths, no nasty bump or anything. Brought to see a doctor n they say she is fine n till today she is doing great but will they be any complication in a long run..
Feel very very upset as i hav been a careless mother..

Hope mummies out there can give advise!!

Regards
Arin :nah:

CanCanMum

my son oso fell from bed 2 times when he was 8 months old...and 1 more time :p :p when he was 9 months old.....:p

me even more jialat den u ......

there shd be a 3 day observation period from the fall, meaning any fever? Any vomitin? If so its all well and fine.

Ting

pin fell off the bed countless of times.
if just fall off the bed n nvr hit sharp edges like table edges or anything, shld be okay.
think your DS now shld be learning to crawl n flipping arnd thus will fall off bed?
try to put mattresses on the floor next to the bed so as to cushion his fall.
as long, after the fall, no loss of appetite, no fever or vomiting, shld be okay.
:)

CanCanMum

last time i bou 12 pillows and lay them on the ground surrounding our bed, coz i dun have a cot.

in case he falls he will fall onto the pillows

dun ask me how i vacuum the floor.....its really headache....:p

but after some time he stopped falling lols :p

and automatically reached the edge he will crawl back lols~~

snowbear

Observe for signs of loss of appetite and vomitting for a couple of days. Shld be fine.

My dd has never fallen off the bed but has had a few knocks now and then... She started climbing down our bed on her own safely at about 10months. hahaha...

arn0432

Alpha Male
thks Ting,CanCanMum n Snowbear.. so far she is doing great..in fact its like she nvr fall at al(its just my DH dat is being irritating wit his grumble)l...super active she even wan to jump out of my lap wen she something dat excite her.. guess i must buy a playpen soon..wat do u guys tink?? but will it obstruct her capability of crawling??

redjn

a playpen is a good idea since she is so active. But still hv to look out when she in the playpen, there are time playpen will turn over is kid is too strong. there is a tip for u, maybe other mum ever use it before. when ever my boy fell on head or other place of his body, I was taught to use Zam-Buk medical ointment to rub on the affected area suspose to ease the swell & prevent bruises. Suspose to be good for healing purpose.

shulyn

my dear daughter had her first fall from bed this week and she's coming to 6 mths, no nasty bump or anything. Brought to see a doctor and they say she is fine and till today she is doing great but will they be any complication in a long run..

Regards

Hi,

My dear son just fell from bed recently (2 weeks ago after his 5 mths vaccines)...He's only 5 and the half month and usually after vaccine he will got fever..I felt so guilty and keep blaming myself..And after that incident, i bought him a playpen even though i have cot bed in another room...(better be safe than sorry again)

When he fell, im at a lost, my hubby quickly check info from the net and i happen to come across KK ask a nurse hotline 19005568773, per minute at 80cents...Nurse ask me to observe him for 72 hours, no vomit, able to drinkmilk, is baby active, baby is uncouncious etc...

Last edited by a moderator:

arn0432

Alpha Male
a playpen is a good idea since she is so active. But still have to look out when she in the playpen, there are time playpen will turn over is kid is too strong. there is a tip for you, maybe other mum ever use it before. when ever my boy fell on head or other place of his body, I was taught to use Zam-Buk medical ointment to rub on the affected area suspose to ease the swell & prevent bruises. Suspose to be good for healing purpose.

Hi Redjn..thks for ur advise. will buy zam-buk soon..

regards
arin

arn0432

Alpha Male
Regards

Hi,

My dear son just fell from bed recently (2 weeks ago after his 5 mths vaccines)...He's only 5 and the half month and usually after vaccine he will got fever..I felt so guilty and keep blaming myself..And after that incident, i bought him a playpen even though i have cot bed in another room...(better be safe than sorry again)

When he fell, im at a lost, my hubby quickly check info from the net and i happen to come across KK ask a nurse hotline 19005568773, per minute at 80cents...Nurse ask me to observe him for 72 hours, no vomit, able to drinkmilk, is baby active, baby is uncouncious etc...
Hi Shulyn..thks for the nurse hotline number shall save straight away at least save money no need to go doctor 4 little tings dat u wonder bout their sickness...

I knw how u feel,we feel bad enough wen our lil one fall n worst of all if others scold u for ur careless mistake, its bad enough dat we r slapping ourself hard for it rite...

regards
arin

snowbear

thks Ting,CanCanMum and Snowbear.. so far she is doing great..in fact its like she never fall at al(its just my dear husband dat is being irritating wit his grumble)l...super active she even want to jump out of my lap wen she something dat excite her.. guess i must buy a playpen soon..what do you guys tink?? but will it obstruct her capability of crawling??
My gal is also super active.. When she reached 6 mths, i placed many foam mats on the floor in her room and let her play there instead of buying a playpen. That at least cushioned her falls when she started to crawl and sit up on her own from a lying down position. Now that she's coming to 1year old, i still leave the foam mats in the room to brighten up the room coz they're so colourful! :)

Some mummies here use a playyard coz that offers bb more space to move around compared to a playpen. But eventually bb will outgrow both and will want to get out of them.

elmo493

Do you leave your baby on the bed without adult attendance.
Recently an article in the 'wan bao' just show that a baby girl (less than 3mth) suffer head injury and it has cause permanent defect to her. she might not be able to walk, talk or eat without assistace. worse of all, she might not live throught 20year of age.

Doctor advise that parent should take care of baby esp if they are less than 3mth old.

my dear daughter had her first fall from bed this week and she's coming to 6 mths, no nasty bump or anything. Brought to see a doctor and they say she is fine and till today she is doing great but will they be any complication in a long run..

Regards
Arin :nah:

Justina

My little boy is 8 months old and he just fell from his sarong. Had a bad cry, i checked him for injuries but he seems fine. Me and elder daughter sayang him non stop. Hubby at work and told me dont worry but observe him closely. Next minute little Elden is laughing away when my girl plays the hula hoop....so thankful he's alright! Now i super protect the base of sarong and clip the edges of the hammock so that he doesn't fall anymore...

CanCanMum

helps to put a pillow below the sarong.....at least if fall it cushions the baby~:001_302:

but best is our eyes laa....

redjn

My little boy is 8 months old and he just fell from his sarong. Had a bad cry, i checked him for injuries but he seems fine. Me and elder daughter sayang him non stop. Hubby at work and told me dont worry but observe him closely. Next minute little Elden is laughing away when my girl plays the hula hoop....so thankful he's alright! Now i super protect the base of sarong and clip the edges of the hammock so that he doesn't fall anymore...
maybe u like to consider to buy the foam mats & placed them right below the sarong to protect any fall, this way it will minimise the injury.

As I am using an electric cradle on the cradle stand, I placed the foam mats right underneath the stand which will cover the whole area. This helps. Even now my boy is coming 3 yrs, he still on his cradle, when he wakes up fm nap he will gets up fm the "NET" sarong & try to wriggle himself down.With the foam mats below I feel at ease when he does "the stunt" himself.

elmo493

Agree, I saw my sister also put big cushion under the sarong whenever the baby is inside.

Infact, I more kiasu, although he is inside the baby cot but I don't know when he will jump out of it so I had a thick mattress beside the cot.

Just to play safe then sorry.

helps to put a pillow below the sarong.....at least if fall it cushions the baby~:001_302:

but best is our eyes laa....