After clomid, wad treatment did the Doc propose?

lawla12

Jogging helps??? Mty hubby goes jogging regularly leh, but I still have no good news...

May I know how exactly is the sperm test done & when should it be done? To be exact, how many months of trying should one undergo before checking spouse's sperm?

my gynae checked both my side n DH on the 2nd visit le yaaaaaaaa.......during the 1st visit, she got explain to us....then 2nd test, we did all the test le.......

i tink depends on the gynae's opinion izzi ??? cos the gynae got ask us abt our sex activity laaa...like how long haf we been trying, did i take those pills etc.........

then we told her, i din eat any pills at all.....we'r married for 3yrs but only for the past 6mths, we'r having unprotected sex....the rest of the time, my DH juz release outside........

then gynae was saying, even if release outside, there's still a chance of getting preggie cos the sperms may b ejected during the "time when its inside laaa" ...........but since i'm not preggie after 3yrs of so called "unprotected sex".....she suggest to check both of us yaaaaaaa.....

did ur gynae ask such question??????

ochklk

We try for 2 times clomid no success then I ask him to go for Sperm Checking leh... My Gynae nv asked so many question leh... but she say I miscarriage before, should not be a problem to conceive again lor... so she think is we both too stress liao lah after the miscarriage but my gynae is happy that AXL we conceive naturally... wahaha...

jal

my gynae checked both my side n DH on the 2nd visit le yaaaaaaaa.......during the 1st visit, she got explain to us....then 2nd test, we did all the test le.......

iwe told her, i din eat any pills at all.....we'r married for 3yrs but only for the past 6mths, we'r having unprotected sex....the rest of the time, my DH juz release outside........

then gynae was saying, even if release outside, there's still a chance of getting preggie cos the sperms may b ejected during the "time when its inside laaa" ...........but since i'm not preggie after 3yrs of so called "unprotected sex".....she suggest to check both of us yaaaaaaa.....

did ur gynae ask such question??????
Hmmm... Ya, my gynae asked me how sexually active we were, how long we have been trying, if I was previously on an contraceptive measures, etc.
Then I asked her how is the checking of sperm health done & she said asked my hubby to collect his sperm in a container & send it to Mount Alvernia Hospital in 1 hour's time from the time of ejaculation. And should there be any spillage, I must let the nurse know so that they can measure more accurately. I was thinking, 'Wah! So rush ah?! Sperm sample must reach the hospital in 1 hour's time. This may affect my hubby's mood & his ability to ejaculate usually leh'. The doctor also said collection of sperm sample can also be done at the hospital itself. But paiseh lah! For goodness's sake. Whoever see u going into that 'ROOM" will know what you are doing sial. LOL.

Does anybody know how do gynae usually advise guys to collect sperm samples???

lawla12

Hmmm... Ya, my gynae asked me how sexually active we were, how long we have been trying, if I was previously on an contraceptive measures, etc.
Then I asked her how is the checking of sperm health done & she said asked my hubby to collect his sperm in a container & send it to Mount Alvernia Hospital in 1 hour's time from the time of ejaculation. And should there be any spillage, I must let the nurse know so that they can measure more accurately. I was thinking, 'Wah! So rush ah?! Sperm sample must reach the hospital in 1 hour's time. This may affect my hubby's mood & his ability to ejaculate usually leh'. The doctor also said collection of sperm sample can also be done at the hospital itself. But paiseh lah! For goodness's sake. Whoever see u going into that 'ROOM" will know what you are doing sial. LOL.

Does anybody know how do gynae usually advise guys to collect sperm samples???

ooh...the nurse will gif u a small container for u to deposit the sperms yaaa...the sperms haf to b collected n delivered to the nurse within 1hr (max is 1hr)....so, must do liao, rush to hosiptal n gif the nurse de...

otherwise, u can do it there too...they've a room for the guys for sperms collection

J

justforgags

my hubby was wondering how does the "room" looks like n wats thr? anybody care to share ur knowledge here?? he's goin for the appt in May but i feel tt its better for him to do it in the room provided as it will be more accurate n no rush to the hosp within an hour, moreovr our appt is at 8am whr the traffic congestion starts.. Pls advice guys..

Oink

my hubby was wondering how does the "room" looks like n wats thr? anybody care to share ur knowledge here?? he's goin for the appt in May but i feel tt its better for him to do it in the room provided as it will be more accurate n no rush to the hosp within an hour, moreovr our appt is at 8am whr the traffic congestion starts.. Pls advice guys..
Where is your appt? Which hosp or clinic? Some nicer some less nice lor. Hee...

sze

Hi ladies..

Just joined this forum recently, and this is my first time posting.. :001_302:

i was put on clomid sometime back, and now im on some pills supposedly for the treatment of diabetes.

my menses have always been quite irregular, that was when my gyne suggested that i try clomid. during that cycle i did ovulate but unfortunately we didnt get pregnant. then for some strange reason after that cycle i started to spot for 6mths! my gyne did give me some medicine to 'restart the cycle', but i didnt take them cos they were essentially hormones which i didnt feel like taking. when the cycle finally ended on its own, she did an internal scanning and blood test for me, and now im on those pills. so far, i havnt had a period for >40days :embarrassed:. anyway, she advised that i be on these pills for approx 3mths..

im not sure whats the nxt option for me if this doesnt work as well...? quite demoralised cos of loooooong spottings, and now no period..

Oink

Juz saw in the other thread that u r going to SGH. My hubby oso went for test at SGH before... he say like those motel room... haha! There's a bed inside the room. : ) But he say dun know whether clean or not... so he dun dare to sit on the bed... haha! :001_302:

famangelina31

The room is plain. Just ask your hubby to do it in the room, that would be the best advice. Save the hassle of rushing within an hour.

jal

Hi ladies..

Just joined this forum recently, and this is my first time posting.. :001_302:

i was put on clomid sometime back, and now im on some pills supposedly for the treatment of diabetes.

my menses have always been quite irregular, that was when my gyne suggested that i try clomid. during that cycle i did ovulate but unfortunately we didnt get pregnant. then for some strange reason after that cycle i started to spot for 6mths! my gyne did give me some medicine to 'restart the cycle', but i didnt take them cos they were essentially hormones which i didnt feel like taking. when the cycle finally ended on its own, she did an internal scanning and blood test for me, and now im on those pills. so far, i havnt had a period for >40days :embarrassed:. anyway, she advised that i be on these pills for approx 3mths..

im not sure whats the nxt option for me if this doesnt work as well...? quite demoralised cos of loooooong spottings, and now no period..
Hi Sze,

Like you, I was also on clomid pills. I took it for 2 months to boost my natural ovulation. This is the first month I stopped taking clomid & to my surprise, I realized that I still have not ovulated up till now (Day 14). I usually ovulate from Day 11-14. Before clomid, it was Day 11 or 12. After clomid, it was Day 14 but today is already Day 14 & my ovulation test kit still did not show a positive sign, so I am kind of worried... I have been able to maintain my 'relaxed' mood this month, so stress should not be a factor.

I was just wondering if one of the side effects of stopping clomid consumption is late ovulation or worse, NO ovulation at all??? Are there any other side effects?
Any ladies experiencing this problem???

Nika

Usually doctors use Clomid and Gonal F.
I highly recommend doctor Charles Lim from Mount Elizabeth.

chairhugger

After taking clomid for more than 1 year, it turns out that my body reacted badly to it. I faced problems of thinning uterine lining, so had to stop Clomid and use natural herbal treatments instead. So sometimes throwing a lot of medicine at it is not the best solution. Best of luck!