After taking the MMR jab?

raeka

Hi can anyone share after taking the MMR vaccination, ur child have fever straight away or don't have or others?
I like to know more information about it?
Bringing my boy for MMR jab soon.
thanks for ur information.
:tlaugh:

Phoebii Cheng

Hi raeka,

Normally after taking MMR, the temp does not become high immediately, normally it is at night or evening....Tht time I brought my son to polyclinic for the MMR jab, and the nurse there gave us a bottle of paracetamol for stand by

If your son does hv fever, besides giving him the med, you also hv to sponge him and keep him hydrated

One of my colleague told me this method if want to prevent bb hvg high fever after jab is to give barley water the day before the jab, tht time before the MMR I forgot to boil some.....but for his other jabs I did and he got no fever

January84

Hi Raeka,

For mine daughter, her fever come one week after the jab. I brought her to the PD and she mentioned that MMR - fever might come 7 to 10 days after the jad if not immediately.

Another way is to give Barley like Phoebii mentioned, and also a dose of the paracetamol once after the injection.

Which clinic are you bringing your child for the jab?

raeka

I am bringing him to sliver cross clinic.
wanted to get more information first.
well , thanks Phoebii and Janurary 84.
hopefully will be alright.
well.. like to know more about it. but will update after i bring him there.

raeka

This morning bring my boy to have the MMR Jab.
hopefully it will turn out well.
He didn't like barley so i only gave him drink gripe water before he went for JAB.
I got gave him paracetamol after his lunch.
^^o

January84

This morning bring my boy to have the MMR Jab.
hopefully it will turn out well.
He didn't like barley so i only gave him drink gripe water before he went for JAB.
I got gave him paracetamol after his lunch.
^^o
Raeka, another way is u buy some slices of "Pao Sheng" soak in hot water, let cool to lukewarm and feed him as water.

raeka

So far no fever yet but rashes after the JAb very fast.
PAO SHENG i dun have. I have the " you xin qiu"<-- hokkien , paiseh i dunno that in chinese. I boil gave him drink already.

If in the next 5days, he didn't have fever is it consider safe?

Thank you all. (^^,)

cmeilim

hi, when should babies take their MMR jab?

as for barley, do we use the 'western barley' or the china barley? i heard that one type is more 'cool' than the other....

Phoebii Cheng

For MMR jab, normally bbs shd take when they r 15mths...but if not feeling well, might drag....till bb is feeling better

As for barley, buy the china barley...cos' normal barley too cooling

January84

So far no fever yet but rashes after the JAb very fast.
PAO SHENG i dont have. I have the " you xin qiu"<-- hokkien , paiseh i dont know that in chinese. I boil gave him drink already.

If in the next 5days, he didn't have fever is it consider safe?

Thank you all. (^^,)
Within 2 weeks. Cos mine gal fever came on the 8th day after the jab.

autumn82

For MMR jab, normally bbs should take when they r 15mths...but if not feeling well, might drag....till baby is feeling better

As for barley, buy the china barley...cos' normal barley too cooling
Yea, but the china barley smells bad.. LOL. Iggy still haven't taken his yet coz he was unwell tt time.. As long as before 2 years old, should be fine. :)

raeka

Oh ok.. whao think will still have fever but depend on the child health.
today is 2nd day , so far no sight of fever . He swear alot . maybe weather very hot bah..

my boy caught a cough when he was 15month so i drag till now lor.. which is 16month plus .

raeka

It was the 6th day of his MMR, every morning gave him gripe water . pass 2 day boil " you xin qiu" + chrysanthenum for him.
well, so fever . thanks man.
hopefully another wk will be fine.

TANZHENZHI

My son also just took him for MMR Jab 2weeks ago but so far luckily no sign of fever. My MIL few days b4 his jab, boil China Barley for him to drink. So far he's ok. Hope your son will be alright too. :)

Madako

My girl just took her MMR jab on 14th night (last Wed).
Her fever starts on Sat. Quite a bad one... Even vomit 1x.
Now after the fever, she has rashes (red spots on her body).
Just checked with doc - doc says its normal after the jab too leh...
Stressed...

Past few jabs, no problem...
This jab is terrible...:embarrassed:

raeka

Thanks January84 and TANZHENZHI. YA hope so.. now is ok active playing running here and there only time is shh.. is when he is asleep.

My girl just took her MMR jab on 14th night (last Wed).
Her fever starts on Sat. Quite a bad one... Even vomit 1x.
Now after the fever, she has rashes (red spots on her body).
Just checked with doc - doc says its normal after the jab too ...
Stressed...

Past few jabs, no problem...
This jab is terrible...:embarrassed:
Hi Madako, ya can understand. whenever child is feeling sick no matter what cause.. we mummy sure stressed and panic.. sure u can go through it. hope ur girl get well soon. (^^,)