Alot alot!

justmint

I am trying to find out what is the most one can EBM.
Care to share?

mine so far most is 160ml (both boobs) :shyxxx:
I know it's not alot..haaha..but I am not giving up!
I hope to achieve more as time passes by..maybe one day I don't need to top up with FM!! :001_302:

LSmummy

mine 250ml (both) 1mth ago.. haa
but tts wen i nv express for 6 hrs..

bt nw my supply is dropping...

stonston

my peak was 300ml/boob, after 4hours no pump/latch....
tt was when i was SAHM, latch n pump non-stop :)

sleepymama

my highest record was 360ml (!) after no pump/latch for more than 4 hrs during the first 6 months. Now, at 17 months, my highest record is about 220ml. I used to have oversupply but now my supply is just-nice so no complaints :)

Pink daisy

Mine was ard 240ml (both) during first month for every 2hr so must pump away otherwise bad engorgement; by then it was more to throw away than ds drink. I used pump to regulate, now just nice :wong19:

CynCyn

The first 2 weeks of my breastfeeding I expressed out 80ml then 150ml-180ml per breast . My confinement lady commented that I've got too much breastmilk . But apparently , my boy drinks alittle only . So it was quite wasted .

vandia82

Wow... Why you all so much one.. How you all manage to 'produce' so much? Any method to increase milk flow? I worry later bb need more but I can't supply much...

Mine so far max 80ml which is only once... (when engorgement) Usually only ard 60ml at times even lesser... I only pump during night time (2 time, one ard 11plus near 12, the other is 2plus 3am), day time just let my bb drink direct.... So honestly, I also not too sure if my supply is enuff for my bb... interval waking time for my bb is irregular... (feedng usually between 20-45 mins) bb fell asleep and let go (nipple) herself...

Last edited:

justmint

to what I was told, it shouldn't drop...

for me mine dropped becos there was a period of time I am not feeding him constantly...only ad hoc base..hahahaa
now it gradually increase to 80ml~100ml every 4~6hrs pump...but after 2~4days don't pump & only latch on at nite, my supply drop to 40ml again...:embarrassed:

Bumbo

I had a lot. There was once I went out for a movie and came back pump 280ml on one side. So 2 sides was 560ml. It was terrible! All the veins all popping out and my breasts looked disfigured! And i only pump to fill 2 large avent bottle. If I still wanted to pump there were still milk.

justmint

my friend told me it's better to pump it all empty...don't you?

I had a lot. There was once I went out for a movie and came back pump 280ml on one side. So 2 sides was 560ml. It was terrible! All the veins all popping out and my breasts looked disfigured! And i only pump to fill 2 large avent bottle. If I still wanted to pump there were still milk.

summer

mine is 280ml from both after 5hrs.

justmint, if u want to increase ya ss, u try to pump another 5-10mins after ya bb latch. this is to stimulate ya breast to produce more milk.

if u dun empty ya breast, then ya body will adjust to that volume after awhile. meaning if ya ss suppose to be 100ml, but ya bb only drink 50ml and u didnt pump to clear, then ya ss will adjust according to ya bb's requirement loh...

my bb big drinker so he clear my breast most of the time. even he dun clear, i oso lazy to pump lah..haha...very leychey leh...unless my breast still very full, then i pump to avoid blocked duct which i hate coz very pain and difficult to clear loh...

rabbit41

Wow you all got so much milk. When I bf my son, I can get only 110ml 3 hrly. Now I hope I can get more after deliver my this 3rd baby.

justmint

oic...
now when my boy doesnt take I'll pump until empty on both breasts.
I tried every 2hrs..but supply tiny...i realised that I will only have supply every 4hrs...60~40ml...

But when he does, i'll just let him suck until he let go or cry hinting not enough..then i'll switch to the other breast..after the 2nd breast still not enough I'll ask my mom to prepare FM.

I ask you gals har...for e.g u feed left breast first..after that he complain not enough i'll switch to right breast...so when you have done that he still not enough do you switch back to left breast again? will it have new supply of milk?

mine is 280ml from both after 5hrs.

justmint, if u want to increase ya ss, u try to pump another 5-10mins after ya bb latch. this is to stimulate ya breast to produce more milk.

if u dun empty ya breast, then ya body will adjust to that volume after awhile. meaning if ya ss suppose to be 100ml, but ya bb only drink 50ml and u didnt pump to clear, then ya ss will adjust according to ya bb's requirement loh...

my bb big drinker so he clear my breast most of the time. even he dun clear, i oso lazy to pump lah..haha...very leychey leh...unless my breast still very full, then i pump to avoid blocked duct which i hate coz very pain and difficult to clear loh...

elaine01

oic...
now when my boy doesnt take I'll pump until empty on both breasts.
I tried every 2hrs..but supply tiny...i realised that I will only have supply every 4hrs...60~40ml...

But when he does, i'll just let him suck until he let go or cry hinting not enough..then i'll switch to the other breast..after the 2nd breast still not enough I'll ask my mom to prepare FM.

I ask you gals har...for e.g u feed left breast first..after that he complain not enough i'll switch to right breast...so when you have done that he still not enough do you switch back to left breast again? will it have new supply of milk?
BM is constantly producing. Full breasts = slower production. Empty breasts = faster production. not empty, just drained. there will still be BM, just that the flow is slow. it needs bb's gums to massage to stimulate let-down.

justmint

yea, but my boy lazy...slow flow he'll reject...:embarrassed: cos after 5~10mins he give up & cry. I guess he prefers the avent's teat. So no choice have to feed with FM then later use pump to pump the rest out.

Other time will be let him have some FM then give him suck mine...

BM is constantly producing. Full breasts = slower production. Empty breasts = faster production. not empty, just drained. there will still be BM, just that the flow is slow. it needs bb's gums to massage to stimulate let-down.