2.30pm: 120ml milk
4.30:120ml milk
6.30: 120ml milk
8.30: 120 ml milk
Then sleep all e way till next morning.
Is e amount enough?
Pls give some advice.....

Reyers

120ml is 2 scoops of milk powder? SOund ok .. every 2hrs your baby can finish 120ml ? very good .. hehe
Hello, most of e time she finish...
120 ml is ard 4 scoops of powder..
But sometimes when shes tire she wil skip
1 feeding..how about yurs?

P4nic

My gal is coming to 6 mths.
Her feeding schedule is:
7am - 200ml
11am-200ml
3pm-200ml
7pm-200ml
11pm-200ml

but sometimes she cant finish her milk.. so max i guess a day got at lest 800ml without solid yet.. at lest urs is about 790ml with solids

Reyers

I think tats gd enough for yur case..now shes taking lesser milk.
How i wish she can take in more milk,as still milk is her main food.
Ever since taking solids,shes taking less milk, max 720 ml per day..
Hope its sufficient for her..

Lim2528

Hi mummy,
My bb boy is 7months now n recently he got 2 teeth coming out slowly. His milk intake decrease n I'm worry of his feeding.
5am-100ml
8.30am-150ml
11am-20ml water
11.30am-1bowl porridge
2pm-150ml
530pm-150ml 4scoop milk with 2scoop brown rice cereal
10pm-60ml milk

For the milk portion, we have to force the teat to his mouth cos sometime drink half way he will push out the teat or use his hand to push the bottle away. Especially the morning 1st n night last feed, he keep on pushing away.

Reyers

Hello,maybe hes teething tats y no appetite..my gal also
can't finish her 1st feed,either she push away or she give e
wanna vomit face..babies r so clever...but i still feel her intake
is consider less for her age..so envious those babies who can drink
more.guess every baby is different...mabe u can try bring him to PD,
ask for some supplement for better appetite?

missykiwi

Hello,maybe hes teething tats y no appetite..my gal also
can't finish her 1st feed,either she push away or she give e
wanna vomit face..babies r so clever...but i still feel her intake
is consider less for her age..so envious those babies who can drink
more.guess every baby is different...mabe u can try bring him to PD,
ask for some supplement for better appetite?
Hi, recently my baby girl got no appetite too. She can't finish her 180ml of milk. Will left about 30-60ml. Sigh. So heartache to see her like this because of teething now. And next week i am gonna start feeding her with cereal as her first solid food :) Hope she will like it~

marshmallows

Hi mummies...need some advice here....
My gal is 5 1/2 mth n have start to introduce
Solids..but am not sure whether how much milk
n solids to give her..her schedule is as below:

7am: 120ml milk
9am: 120ml milk
11am: 70 ml milk
12pm: ard 4 tbsp solids
2.30pm: 120ml milk
4.30:120ml milk
6.30: 120ml milk
8.30: 120 ml milk
Then sleep all e way till next morning.
Is e amount enough?
Pls give some advice.....
Your gal's milk intake is so much better than my boy! My boy was sticking to 120ml per 3-4 hrs for the longest time. From he was 1.5 mths to 5 mths+ old. Not sure if it was due to teething cos his first 2 lower teeth emerged when he was 5 mths 1 week old. I just started him on semisolids now at 6 mths n his feeding schedule is as follows:

6:30am/7am: 180ml milk
11:30am: 150ml milk
1:30pm: 2tbsp+ cereal
3:30pm: 120ml - 150ml milk
7:15pm: 150ml milk
10:45pm: 150ml milk

His daily milk intake is around 720ml - 750ml for now. Somehow he hates eating cereal mixed with milk. He prefers it to be mixed with just water, so I guess his milk intake is gonna drop more when he moves on to 2 solid meals next time :-(

Reyers

Hi,her milk intake is lesser now..probably because of e solids.
I think as long as yur baby is happy, gained weight shld be fine.
I read tat when babies takes 2 solids meals,their milk intake shld be
ard 500-750ml per day..i think she wil have problem wif tat,especially
I think she will be teething soon.my gal used to hate milk wif cereal too.
But i add sweet potatoes or pumpkin, n she takes more.
Maybe u can try....

marshmallows

Thanx for the suggestion Reyers. Somehow I realized my boy hates sweet stuffs. He rejected apple, pear n sweet potato puree. Pushes them out with his tongue n sealed his lips tight. Tried to amuse him to make him open his mouth to laugh but he laughs with his mouth closed tightly instead! :eek:11:

Finally today he took pea puree enthusiastically. Weird. Thought babies like sweet foods. I'm still trying everyday to sneak milk into his meal. :wong13:

My poor girl had her first tooth popping out slowly alr, can see her tip of the tooth. During teething she can totally drink twice a day and not hungry leh!! But at night will wake up twice to drink. As usual she still having night feeds no matter how much food she had for dinner. Now better le. But still not taking cereal or porridge. Jus milk, water , juice. Sometimes eat bread and rice. Like she see us eat she oso wan so feed her. Hopefully she will gain back her appetite. Now about 8.3kg turning 9months on the 10th.

reneetang

Hi Mummies,

My baby is 5 and half month now, just wondering how much solid food should i give? When you saying 1 tbsp cereal rice, are you referring to 1 tbsp cereal rice powder itself or 1 tbsp the mixture of milk with cerail rice?

Reyers

Hi Mummies,

My baby is 5 and half month now, just wondering how much solid food should i give? When you saying 1 tbsp cereal rice, are you referring to 1 tbsp cereal rice powder itself or 1 tbsp the mixture of milk with cerail rice?
Think its after adding milk e amount.i start my gal wif 1/4 bowl,then slowly add more..til now take about 3/4 bowl..

Reyers

My poor girl had her first tooth popping out slowly alr, can see her tip of the tooth. During teething she can totally drink twice a day and not hungry leh!! But at night will wake up twice to drink. As usual she still having night feeds no matter how much food she had for dinner. Now better le. But still not taking cereal or porridge. Jus milk, water , juice. Sometimes eat bread and rice. Like she see us eat she oso wan so feed her. Hopefully she will gain back her appetite. Now about 8.3kg turning 9months on the 10th.
My gal had her tooth popping out too,e bottom two..so cute,but i hav a hard time..but she still take her milk n porriage though.but sometimes cannot finish..so no choice..she wil let me noe if shes hungry..mabe u try adding sweet veg like carrot or pumpkin into e cereal.. Mabe she like?

Jheyyy

Huh ?
Seems like my baby girl isn't eating enough seeing your babies' schedule...

My baby's schedule is:

11am - 120ml Nestle brown rice
4pm - 180ml milk
9pm - 180ml milk

Sometimes 12.30am will have 180ml milk again, but mostly she sleeps after her 9pm feed all the way till 11am then ask for brown rice again.

180ml milk is 2 1/2 scoops of milk powder only.

She's 7kg when she last weighed 2 weeks ago...

My gal had her tooth popping out too,e bottom two..so cute,but i hav a hard time..but she still take her milk n porriage though.but sometimes cannot finish..so no choice..she wil let me noe if shes hungry..mabe u try adding sweet veg like carrot or pumpkin into e cereal.. Mabe she like?
Now 2 tooth out le. Her appetite back as usual, I'm so glad!!

10am Breakfast cereal then follow by 120ml milk
1pm Lunch porridge then follow by 120ml milk,
2pm fruit juice or fruits
4pm biscuits then 120ml milk
7pm dinner porridge / rice follow by 120ml mill
10pm last feed 150ml milk with brown rice mix inside
1 day drinks about 240ml of water or more and 120ml of fruit juice.

Should be feeding well for the milk portion right?

Hello mummies,

Could you advise when we should start to give 2 solids a day?
Currently giving cereal during the day at the infant care centre, am wondering when I should start to give cereals for dinner when she comes home around 7pm?