antenatal classes

mrsmorgan

hi ladies, hope u can help me on this one.. i need advise on where i shld go for e antenatal classes.. i knw that kkh n tmc are offering such classes but im nt sure which one i shld go to.. i saw frm their website that their topics vary a bit.. any of u went for classes at either hospital? or maybe any other places? thks in advance!

uddermummy

i went to the one by thomson.

Not bad, quite detailed. Can't make a comparison with kk's tho.

however, if you're thinking of bfing, antenatal classes are not enough. You need to go for bfing talks, and read up on your own.

btw, you should really book your lessons now, cos the antenatal lessons are usually booked v quickly.

I went to the antenatal class at the same hospital of my delivery, could be helpful for you to get familiar to the environment.

iwan2noe

hi ladies, hope you can help me on this one.. i need advise on where i shld go for e antenatal classes.. i knw that Kandang Kerbau Hospital n Thomson Medical Center are offering such classes but im not sure which one i shld go to.. i saw frm their website that their topics vary a bit.. any of you went for classes at either hospital? or maybe any other places? thks in advance!
Hi Mrs morgan,

I attended anternatal classes conducted by MRs Wong Boi Boh. It is very good and comprehensive. I will be delivering at TMC. If u are also gg to deliver at TMC and this is ur 1st bb, u can apply for the First born incentive then when u sign up for this class u get 10% discount.

If u r not delivering at TMC, u can also attend this class
Refer to : Thomson Medical Centre
for more details =)

mrsmorgan

thks ladies! e prob is, i've yet to decide which hosp i want to deliver at.. but it has to be either thomson or mt a.. im thinking of going for e classes at kk just because it's nearer for me as im staying in jurong.. but frm their website i think thomson's classes are more detailed.. any of u knw hw much thomson charge for e classes? thks!

Last edited:

chiro

mm..i have got frens who went to mt a for ante natal class and finds that kk's notes are more detailed

the kk notes are from me, i have attended the one @ kk and pass to her mynotes..

but one thing abt kkh is tat they might not sound very professional wif queen's english etc...and they will make sarcastic comments like "wahh..so many ppl from pte hospital attending our class today"

uddermummy

you don't really need to choose antenatal lessons from the hospital you're delivering at. Of course if you do, you'll usually get a discount.

It'll be good to sign up for the maternity ward tours to help you decide. Also, your choices will be limited by where your gynae practises at.

after delivery, it's impt to go for the classes on how to take care of your bb etc at the hospital for refreshers.

Hi Mrs morgan,

I attended anternatal classes conducted by MRs Wong Boi Boh. It is very good and comprehensive. I will be delivering at Thomson Medical Center. If you are also gg to deliver at Thomson Medical Center and this is your 1st baby, you can apply for the First born incentive then when you sign up for this class you get 10% discount.

If you are not delivering at Thomson Medical Center, you can also attend this class
Refer to : Thomson Medical Centre
for more details =)

Hi Mrs Morgan, my friends and cousin swear by Mrs Wong Boi Boh at TMC. I looked up the prenatal books she helped put together at TMC, they are easy to read and quite comprehensive. I have not done comparative analysis with other hospitals though.

My friend also said that she will look up MTBs in their respective wards who attended her class after delivery to ensure right correct breast feeding techniques, latching on and etc.

Can't recall the charges though. Call them or find out from helpful link provided by iwan2noe.

Adios and gd luck :tlaugh:

Hi all mummies, any1 attended the antenatal classes in KK? If yes, hw to book for the class & what r the charges like? many thanks :biggrin:

Phoebii Cheng

Hi

Just want to add that if you are attending the antenantal classes, it is best if you attend it during ur 2nd trimester....tht time I was in my 3rd and last mth....so some of the classes and movement cannot really do, cos they scared I will go into labour.....:tlaugh:

terasey

Hi Mrs Morgan, my friends and cousin swear by Mrs Wong Boi Boh at TMC. I looked up the prenatal books she helped put together at TMC, they are easy to read and quite comprehensive. I have not done comparative analysis with other hospitals though.

My friend also said that she will look up MTBs in their respective wards who attended her class after delivery to ensure right correct breast feeding techniques, latching on and etc.

Can't recall the charges though. Call them or find out from helpful link provided by iwan2noe.

Adios and gd luck :tlaugh:
Just called to check with a Ms Sharon. The next class starts in Jan 10. Last lesson on 9 Mar 10. Wkday class $160.50. Wkend class $214.

6 lessons. Thomson Medical Centre

Anyone has the info for KK classes?

mrsmorgan

ive decided to deliver at mt a but still deciding between mt a n thomson for e antenatal classes.. gonna call both hospitals tmr n check on e available dates..