Any advice for first timer at pregnancy?

willkinson

My sister is 27 and 5 weeks pregnant, only married 3 months ago! Waiting to see doc to have it confirmed after doing 2 tests, been reading up on nutrition and exercise but has anyone got advice for her during pregnancy? My mum passed away when we was little,so she can't ask her and haven't got anyone (except the overbearing mother in law) to ask about what she may need or should do! Thanks x

MamabbJ

Hi,

Congrats to your sister. How did the pregnancy test go?

Sorry to hear that you lost your mum at a tender age.

It is very thoughtful and caring of you to put up this thread for your sister.

My advice for 1st time mummy will be:

Do rest well, stay happy and positive, eat a balanced diet and eat in moderation, do some light excercise if your gynae says ok, engage your hubby in pregnancy and parenting classes and avoid medications esp. in the 1st trimester and inform the doctors that you are pregnant before taking any medication.

Why not invite your sister to join as a forum member here and she can ask questions and get the answers directly? ;-D

Hi Willkinson!

Welcome to Mummysg! Congratulations to your family for having an angel soon!!! I am pretty sure that all of you are excited as much as your sister. You can ask anything from all of us here at Mummysg and we will do everything to answer any queries as much as we can.

So as a first time mom, your sister should be religiously visiting her obgyne, eat anything in moderation, unless she is put into any strict diet, a lot of rest and have a happy outlook!

Should any specific concern arises, let us know, here to help!

Cheers!

Sarah