Any babies with UTI?

Celina

my son also have this uti during his 1st mth, i was worried i kept crying. He didnt slp for the whole nite, n kept making little squeaky noise n i couldnt slp too. so next morning i bought him to the polyclinic cos he's rather hot. but he's good cos he didnt cry at all. and the pc referred me to kkh, which is a useless hos. they did alot of tests on him. and let me bring him home aft 3 days. i gave him the antibiotics regularly but aft his 2nd check up, i feel thr's nutin much. so i stopped giving him. till now, he's find. im not gng back for the oct check up. cos i fine nutin wrong with him.

for the fungal infection, my son also have. he's having red rash on both sides n his little balls also red. dan i noe frm my aunt canot put powder only need cream. so i wen ahead with only cream n it work. my mil also duno, she stil put powder dan i follow her. stupid.

red rash is either the diapers is not suitable or u nv change every 3 hrs. i make sure i change mine every 3 hrs. so my boy is okie now.

LoVeS

my son also have this uti during his 1st mth, i was worried i kept crying. He didnt slp for the whole nite, n kept making little squeaky noise n i couldnt slp too. so next morning i bought him to the polyclinic cos he's rather hot. but he's good cos he didnt cry at all. and the pc referred me to kkh, which is a useless hos. they did alot of tests on him. and let me bring him home aft 3 days. i gave him the antibiotics regularly but aft his 2nd check up, i feel thr's nutin much. so i stopped giving him. till now, he's find. im not gng back for the oct check up. cos i fine nutin wrong with him.

for the fungal infection, my son also have. he's having red rash on both sides n his little balls also red. dan i noe frm my aunt canot put powder only need cream. so i wen ahead with only cream n it work. my mil also duno, she stil put powder dan i follow her. stupid.

red rash is either the diapers is not suitable or u nv change every 3 hrs. i make sure i change mine every 3 hrs. so my boy is okie now.
Powder muz put but nt normal ones. Put corn starch powder after apply cream.

I dun tink is diaper prob coz i already change frm petpet - fitti - huggies now aso same n it every 3hrs changing. I suspect is the stopid antibotics tat he taken too long liao. Ever since he take antibotics his urine is very yellow n the smell of urine is very strong even though it juz 1hr ago only n he didnt urine much.:nah:

Celina

if ur son is on antibiotics it should b like dat but my son dun have rash wen he is taking it.. for the urine smell very strong make sure he drinks alot of water aft taking antibiotics. my wil drink 2 to 3 oz of water aft his med. for me i stil dun put powder. his skin actually peel so i rather not, he got very sensitive skin like mommy so beta not.

why not u try not putting powder for a week n see how things goes???

LoVeS

if ur son is on antibiotics it should b like dat but my son dun have rash wen he is taking it.. for the urine smell very strong make sure he drinks alot of water aft taking antibiotics. my wil drink 2 to 3 oz of water aft his med. for me i stil dun put powder. his skin actually peel so i rather not, he got very sensitive skin like mommy so beta not.

why not u try not putting powder for a week n see how things goes???
we put normal powder then kena fungal so we put corn starch it got abit better n doc advise us keep his area dry so haf to put powder...if nv puy powder alot more worse.

jojanimm

how does the fungal infection looks like? I noticed that my DS has redness just beside his balls, next to the thigh. But doctor say its just because of wearing pampers, just put some nappy cream can already. But i realise the redness goes on and off till now since he has UTI in August.

LoVeS

how does the fungal infection looks like? I noticed that my DS has redness just beside his balls, next to the thigh. But doctor say its just because of wearing pampers, just put some nappy cream can already. But i realise the redness goes on and off till now since he has UTI in August.
same here lor my ds aso like tt, keep on n off ever since on antibotics but doc say it not antibotic prob n say muz change diaper regularly but we already change every 3hrs liao lor. Fungal infection look similiar like nappy rash but it will go up to his penis n balls.

Carol

Ya . My Ds has this mild red rash too at the tip of his penis sometimes . But most likely is caused by his wipes . Sometimes wipes are too strong to be used at the tip of his penis where it's more sensitive . Aft applying cream , he's ok . His urine is quite yellow too but no smell . He drank lots of water but still yellow .

LoVeS

Ya . My Ds has this mild red rash too at the tip of his penis sometimes . But most likely is caused by his wipes . Sometimes wipes are too strong to be used at the tip of his penis where it's more sensitive . Aft applying cream , he's ok . His urine is quite yellow too but no smell . He drank lots of water but still yellow .
wat brand of wipe ur using? Me using pigeon but so far i nv hear any complains of using pigeon will cause rashes leh~ Keep on n off n on n off~ :nah:

hi... guess i'm not alone... my 2nd daughter also contracted uti when she was 10 months old. it was all too sudden.. i panic and became frantic when her body temp rise quickly causing her to become shaky and her whole body turn blue... it was a nightmare for me.. she was fine in the day dat day it happened... we thought she was cold but with several blankets covering her, it was the same. after vomiting, she was back to normal, playing ard... thought it was ok but at night it started again.. the same thing... i thought i was going to lose my baby seeing her in dat manner!!! i almost cried...
quickly brought her to kkh where they took her urine and yes we got the bad news, its uti... she was warded for 4 days.. and i was feeling so exhausted frm all the dilema and having to go thru this ordeal... her fever didnt subside which means dat the bacteria still in her system...
finally after the doc confirm wat type of bacteria it is, and given the right antibiotic, her body temp is back to normal again... and finally she was fine and happy... having see her thru all the pain, where by the antibiotic was given thru the drip in her hands, i cried in silence.. she was crying thruout..
once discharged, we have to bring her for lots of appt... evry single one was a frightening experince, imagine dat she has to go thru all the test, ultrasound, urine test, mcu... it was exasperating... my baby was indeed traumatised by wat she had went thru... thk god, she hadnt had reflux which means dat her urine was flowing the right way not up to the kidney. she was supposed to go for dmsa test but..... when the nurse explained to us how the whole procedure was like, we thought we wld nvr make her go thru any test again.... and we nvr did let het go thru dmsa. it was a procedure dat took half a day to complete and my baby had to fast before the test and had to be given sedative to make her sleep in order she wont fidget during the test... oh god it was hard to imagine having to put her thru dat phrase..
now, whenever she have fever with no other symptoms, i wld panic and it has become a phobia!!! god pls let me be strong and bless my daughter with gd health.........

Last edited:

jojanimm

yah..it was indeed a traumatic experience for me too, but the nurse says baby won't remember a single thing...that's the only comorting thought.