any effective ways to lose weight after birth

KAmum

I only at my 24 weeks so far .. I m concern as I m gaining too fast .. I already put on 15 kgs..
My gynae told me when I was preggy to cut down on carbohydrates. Eat more vegetables especially spinach for iron. Eat more lean meat and cut down on fat. Don't indulge too much even though you crave for the foods. I went on a strict diet ( too strict I think. I only gained 5kg lol :p) just eat everything in moderation :))

Rye

Dont think u shld lose weight now. Just control your diet n avoid fatty foods. :) walk regularly. When i was pregnant, i ate foods in its original forms. E.g Hard boiled eggs, unsweetened soy milk for protein. Even then i gained 15kg but at least we r taking in the appropriate nutrients for our babies. :) oh i did lose weight during preg due to diarrhoea. Lost abt 2kg+. Got me worried! Just eat healthy foods n walk. :) u will be fine.

rellako

Don't try to lose weight during pregnancy. Baby will need the nutrients :) in fact, try to take brown rice during confinement. More veg, steam dish and soupy dish.

mswong

I have gained 11kg after giving birth of my first baby in March this year. I did not try to lose weight during pregnancy or confinement as my mum and aunties have been telling me that once I will slim down after going back to work and taking care baby at the same time. Well, I have been started working for one month plus and breastfeeding at the same time but I still haven't seen any improvement yet! I really hope I could get rid of my after birth belly asap! I am looking at the shapewear but not sure which is good. Anyone can recommend? I would like to wear it during the day at work so I would prefer more breathable material. For diet, I eat less rice than before, but eat more vegetables and meat to ensure that my breast milk contains enough nutrition for my baby. Eat well instead. Let's work it out together! :tlaugh:

anuarsri

If you have not tried post natal massage I think you should try post natal massage especially immediately after birth. I did post natal massage and I lost a lot of weight mainly on my tummy. I recommended my post natal massage lady to my best friend who did her post natal massage because she had Caesarian and was so afraid of massage. She eventually did lose some days on her tummy even after starting her post natal massage 3 months after delivery. I just delivered in Jan and currently pregnant again by accident but nobody could tell I'm 3 months pregnant or I'm a mother of 2. But makes sure you get a good post natal massage lady!

Last edited:

mswong

anuarsri:660798 said:
If you have not tried post natal massage I think you should try post natal massage especially immediately after birth. I did post natal massage and I lost a lot of weight mainly on my tummy. I recommended my post natal massage lady to my best friend who did her post natal massage because she had Caesarian and was so afraid of massage. She eventually did lose some days on her tummy even after starting her post natal massage 3 months after delivery. I just delivered in Jan and currently pregnant again by accident but nobody could tell I'm 3 months pregnant or I'm a mother of 2. But makes sure you get a good post natal massage lady!
I had natal massage one week after deliver. Only three days continuously as the natal massage last suggested. Now is my fourth month, do you think i should do more natal massage session?

anuarsri

I had natal massage one week after deliver. Only three days continuously as the natal massage last suggested. Now is my fourth month, do you think i should do more natal massage session?
I'm not really sure cos you did have your post natal massage. My friend didnt have hers at all that time. But from what I know usually 3 days of post natal massage not really that effective compared to 7,10 or 15 days of post natal massage. After 10 days of the massage, the difference was much more compared to after my 3rd day. Maybe you wanna try call my post natal massage lady and ask. My post natal massage lady name is Hanis 93882514. She's not the sort of person who hard sell so don't worry.

mswong

anuarsri:661010 said:
I'm not really sure cos you did have your post natal massage. My friend didnt have hers at all that time. But from what I know usually 3 days of post natal massage not really that effective compared to 7,10 or 15 days of post natal massage. After 10 days of the massage, the difference was much more compared to after my 3rd day. Maybe you wanna try call my post natal massage lady and ask. My post natal massage lady name is Hanis 93882514. She's not the sort of person who hard sell so don't worry.
Thanks for sharing. =)

anuarsri

Thanks for sharing. =)
No problem! Just wanna help. I totally understand how you feel. My waist used to be at 24cm before my first pregnancy. I just measured and I'm now 27cm being 3 months pregnant with my third child. I really do hope to tidy up my body and lose many more fats and waist inches after delivering my 3rd.

Dawn00

No problem! Just wanna help. I totally understand how you feel. My waist used to be at 24cm before my first pregnancy. I just measured and I'm now 27cm being 3 months pregnant with my third child. I really do hope to tidy up my body and lose many more fats and waist inches after delivering my 3rd.
Hi Mummies,
anyone try this massage lady Hanis?? Effective?? Cost?? Can advise me?? I am now 28 weeks and my tummy and bottom keep expanding.. Really afraid I can't slim down after birth then I will have to change all my wardrobe clothing... Feel like crying if my tummy and bottom will remain like this forever..

Alisa

best weight losing way is to TBF and cut down on snacking cuz when TBF, will always feel hungry wan. i return to my pre-preg weight within 2 mths (46kg) tho still got a flabby tummy that looks like 5mth preg. Now i am using Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Firming Butter, coming to 3 weeks in using it, i can see my tummy getting slimmer.

Dawn00

Hi mummies, do u know if these type of ginger cream really effective for slimming of bottom, tummy and flabby arm? Can it be use if I need to breast feed my baby??

adlinzul

I only at my 24 weeks so far .. I m concern as I m gaining too fast .. I already put on 15 kgs..
Hey i gained 30 kg during my pweggy but after massage & drink win tea i managed to shed off my preggy weight & back to my normal weight no worries