Any food or tonic to reduce fainting?

Avo

Hi, i'm into my 2nd trimester but still feels giddy and almost fainted when I stand too long inside MRT. Last few days, I even fainted while queuing to buy food in foodcourt! Is there any tonic or food to help reduce fainting??

jojoki

r u having low blood? consult with ur gynae if low blood... u should keep some glucose tablets with u ..:)

Avo

Hi, I'm not sure if I'm having low blood. Consult my gynae and he said try not to stand up suddenly etc. but did not prescribe me any pills. Or should I ask him for the glucose tablets? I do eat suck on sweets everytime, maybe still not enough?

snowmelon

Hi avo, i encountered fainting (and vomiting) spells occassionally. My gynae prescribed me with iron supplement. The unusual thing is I only experienced this after my meal, and it can happened even when I am sitting down...

January84

yes, no cure one. . . . . until deliver baby...

i experienced that for both pregencies. this year one, even worst, i was seated in bus. suddenly cold sweat, giddy, want to vomit. face as white as paper.

no strength, just want to lie on the floor.......

Avo

tks for all yr replies... haiz i guess i'll hv to live with it... maybe can try iron supplements but i heard will cause constipation and I've constipation problem sometimes. no choice then...

January84

oh, i always have medical oil with me ley, i will sniff it once i sense something is wrong, or when smelly ppl seat next to me..... they make me want to vomit also...

CanCanMum

haha!

last time i oso got tis problem...nose super sensitive....little bit of funni smell in those pple or bo i will need to siam! o/w sure faintz or throw up!!!

wow Avo yr fainting spells quite frequent...

my mum gave me "dang shen drink" once or twice while in my pregnancy, says bb+mummy w be stronger...other than that din drink much tonic....try to take iron from natural food sources lor....its beta than iron tablets sure kenna constipation one.

natural food like spinach, liver (limit the intake coz fatty), kidney beans all got plenty of iron....

Avo

Thanks all, btw i read fr babycenter that its not advisable to eat liver lei cos liver contains high levels of retinol form of vit A, which can be harmful to bb, esp in first trimester. But sometimes i do eat la very small amount.

hourglass

Hi all,

I'm 10 weeks now, But still feels giddy and have MS too. Every morning before go to work, I will take a bottle of (Brand's Essence of Chicken) and will feel better with more energy.

akachan09

Hi! Avo,

I am currently in my 2nd trimester..also feel giddy at times. Usually, I will try to lay down and rest till I am better. I take liver soup / dang gui soup to ease my giddiness. Tot I may be having anemia. Just like Cancanmum, my nose is super sensitive / sharp...can sense all kind of smell near me. Like hourglass, I also take chicken essence at night twice a week. Perhaps you want to give it a try.