Any group tuition for P5 Maths in the East?

mooners

Hi,

My boy has fail his P5 maths SA1 :embarrassed:. I'm worry he cannot make it to PSLE. Any good tutor to recommend? I have tight budget, thus opt for group tuition. Hope can help him!

Please help!!!:wong29:

Whitesheep

Hi Mooners,

may I know what kind of info you are interested in? My nephew and niece are attending there. Their grades improve from 60+ to 70. Their understanding of the subject is clearer as they said the tutor who runs the place explains well n the lessons are fun.

Last edited:

mooners

Hi whitesheep,

Thks for your feedback. As i have tried few tuition centre and home tutor, all are guiding base on assessment book. They will get parents to buy assessment book and only guide them base on the assessment book questions. That's why no improvement in their maths.

Hi Mooners,

may I know what kind of info you are interested in? My nephew and niece are attending there. Their grades improve from 60+ to 70. Their understanding of the subject is clearer as they said the tutor who runs the place explains well n the lessons are fun.

SammiTan

Hi,

my daughter is now P4, been with them from P3. They actually prepare their own centre materials and if needed to then, they will add in assessment books. I know you have tried around, I know them through my friends too. Word of mouth.

Tristar

Hi Sammi,
just want to find out more about the learning environment in the centre you mentioned-Aces Tuition Services. How big is their group? I'm looking around for maths for my P2 boy and maths plus science for my P3 girl.

SammiTan

Hi Tristar,

their learning environment is very cozy and friendly. The group is max at 6 students. Currently my girl's group has only 5 students for that day, so she gets more of the teacher's attention. Sometimes she get rewards if she does well for the test they set and she likes the way they motivate her. You can go to their website to find out more. :)

I heard that for science, sometimes the students go outing to learn from the park or fish farm. Something different.

Tristar

Dear Sammi,

thanks for the info. I've visited their website and the prices and setting look good. I will give the teacher in charge a call today, thanks again. Will let you know again.

Tristar

Hi Sammi,
thanks for your recommendation! I have met up with the teacher in charge of the centre and after seeing the centre myself with my 2 children, I decided to sign them up. They have attended 2 lessons and they like the environment. Thanks so much for your help:)

VanessT

Hi Sammi,

I am looking for a good centre for my girl and came across your discussion on this Ace Tuition centre in tampines. I visited their website and saw that they have workshops too. Have you attended their workshop before? If yes, care to share on your view on them? Thank you.

SammiTan

Hi Sammi,

I am looking for a good centre for my girl and came across your discussion on this Ace Tuition centre in tampines. I visited their website and saw that they have workshops too. Have you attended their workshop before? If yes, care to share on your view on them? Thank you.

Hi VanessT,

my daughter has attended one of their workshop on Science At Home. They did various experiments using household items and the kids had a lot of fun doing hands on. It was during the school holiday, a 1 day 3 hours workshop. My girl has a better understanding on Science now. I heard that they are having another workshop coming up on Social Etiquette. :)

VanessT

Hi Sammi,

thanks for the information. I have called up the centre and will be meeting later in the evening. Will see how it goes. Keep you updated. :)

I have personally heard about this centre too from my sister who sent her kids for Math class for about 3 months already, heard from her that her kids enjoyed the class very much as they have games and points systems to motivate the kids to study, I stay in Simei and thought about sending my children there with my nieces but my children have very short attention span so they need an individual tutor.

PinkUmber

Hi whitesheep,

Thks for your feedback. As i have tried few tuition centre and home tutor, all are guiding base on assessment book. They will get parents to buy assessment book and only guide them base on the assessment book questions. That's why no improvement in their maths.

Hi Mooners,

Have you heard of Schtutors tuition agency? They recommend tuition for both private and small group tuitions.

For primary level small group tuition, you can go SchTutors | Group Tuition by MOE Current and Ex-School Teachers - Primary Level

VanessT

My girl has signed up with them for Maths and Science class. She is enjoying the class very much and looks forward to lesson. Thanks for recommending :) I also signed her up for the Sept holiday class too.

My girl has signed up with them for Maths and Science class. She is enjoying the class very much and looks forward to lesson. Thanks for recommending :) I also signed her up for the Sept holiday class too.
Hi VanessT, I saw an article on ACE Tuition on The New Paper last sunday hor, I think is on 14 Oct, is the lady in the papers the teacher of ACE Tuition? Saw their tuition centre name mentioned, but not sure if its the right one, and since you sent your kids there, you should have seen her. Does she teach your kids?

VanessT

Hi VanessT, I saw an article on ACE Tuition on The New Paper last sunday hor, I think is on 14 Oct, is the lady in the papers the teacher of ACE Tuition? Saw their tuition centre name mentioned, but not sure if its the right one, and since you sent your kids there, you should have seen her. Does she teach your kids?
YES! She is teacher Ann who taught my girl! My girl is like so excited to have a teacher who is on the papers.