Any idea of 1st year birthday cake?

fazlin7

Hi guys and gals, I thinking of getting a birthday cake for my son 1st birthday celebration. whether to get him a barney, elmo or just number birthday cakes?

Any ideas, pics and outlets wanna share?

camom

I usually go with a theme. For my son, I had a mickey mouse cake cos he was born in the year of the rat and we decided to go for a MM theme with cake, cutlery, decor and goody packs.

For my gal, we had elmo for 1st bday, sesame St for 2nd bday, "Chocolate Chocolate!" for 3rd bday cos she shares the same bday with 2 other very close relatives, Disney Princess for 5th bday, "Beary Loveable" for 6th bday. Have not decided what we will do for her 7th this year yet.

I usually decide on the theme, then look for pictures to custom the cakes. I go to ecreative cos they are more accomodating and the cake is not bad + there's free delivery above a certain cost. For home celebrations, I try as much as possible to DIY the decor. If not, then I'll online shop for the items I want. I usually get those helium foil balloons from party shops for the kids to bring home.

For sch celebrations, I'll do a goody bag in the theme the birthday child chose to give out.

diymummy

Hi guys and gals, I thinking of getting a birthday cake for my son 1st birthday celebration. whether to get him a barney, elmo or just number birthday cakes?

Any ideas, pics and outlets wanna share?
I think a lot of mummies here cater their cakes from Pine Gardens.

For me, I bought my cake from Jack's Place and put my own figurines. Here's a picture of my cake. :)

Attachments

Ting

basically is just up to u.
if your son hv a particular character that he likes, why not?
as for pin, she wasnt keen on tv progs or anything, so on her first bday i just got her a lola bunny cake from bengawan solo.
then on her 2nd bday, at home we bought her a choc cake, but for sch i bought her a cake from prima deli, just with some toy figurines. cant rmb...
well, this yr, she had a sesame st party for her 3rd bday. i ordered sesame st cuppy cakes as her bday cake (cos i couldnt find someone to bake a nice sesame st cake as her bday falls in the cny period) n for sch, she had a winnie the pooh theme. :)

diymummy

Jack's Place cakes are quite yummy but standard flavours.

I only bought the Sesame street stuff. The other stuff on the cake was done by Jack's Place. They provide delivery too that's why I ordered from them ;)

Happy planning.

Phoebii Cheng

I ordered my son's bday cake frm Bengawan Solo, with a Winnie the Pooh cos' tht time my son loves the cartoon

For this year I got my friend to create a cake for him, and she came up with a 3D Noah's Ark cake, if you are interested you can go to her website at THE BAKING RABBIT to take a look:tlaugh:

eissacsirhc

I ordered a very simple chocolate fudge cake from Lana Cakes.. but make sure to call in advance becuz they're always fully booked and also u have to make ur way down to the west side to collect the cake urself.. but it was well worth it when I saw the satisfaction on my guest face.. Really really delicious.. =)

tinkerball

i ordered photo cake from prima deli. the deco is nothing much so i took the liberty to edit my boy's pics by adding cartoon and and balloons and took his pic sitting next to his giant barney. really cute.