Any malay/muslim mummies ard???

Alhamdulillah Mummy Mosqeetoh! U've popped!

I'm going to be a third time mummy and yet I still don't know what the mucus plug looks like! LOL!
Yesterday, I asked my hubby when my waterbag burst, what colour was the water and so on...hehe...both deliveries my waterbag burst in the delivery suite so i never got the chance to see. I think i'll be like you too, i wouldn't know if it was mucus plug if gynae had just checked the cervix.

Have a nice time bonding with your baby!

diza

Congrats mosqeetoh.. u seemed to be so relaxed despite the spotting and contractions! I think if it's my turn, everyone in the house would be chaotic. haha

Anyway, now I'm having cough and it hurts so badly.. I feel like "scrubbing" my throat. Went to poly and doctor refused to give me cough syrup. ~_~ What should I do to get rid of this cough??

nyati22

Congrats mommy mosqeetoh!!! Just a quick question.. How goes the contractions feels like? Menses cramps?! I told mom and she said yeah.. So I've been monitoring the intervals and it was 30mins apart yesterday.. Then I feel asleep.. Today still got cramps but not consistent. Sometimes 30/45/60mins apart.. Am I monitoring correctly?? My EDD is 27 but I'm super anxious on the arrival of my lil princess!!! Hehehe

Congrats mommy mosqeetoh!!! Just a quick question.. How goes the contractions feels like? Menses cramps?! I told mom and she said yeah.. So I've been monitoring the intervals and it was 30mins apart yesterday.. Then I feel asleep.. Today still got cramps but not consistent. Sometimes 30/45/60mins apart.. Am I monitoring correctly?? My EDD is 27 but I'm super anxious on the arrival of my lil princess!!! Hehehe
For my previous 2 deliveries, the contractions were different. For my first child, the contractions was like menses cramps, around the tummy area. For my 2nd child, the contractions was back pain. But from what i experienced, the contractions wil get more intense as time goes by and the interval will be shortened.

Congrats mosqeetoh.. u seemed to be so relaxed despite the spotting and contractions! I think if it's my turn, everyone in the house would be chaotic. haha

Anyway, now I'm having cough and it hurts so badly.. I feel like "scrubbing" my throat. Went to poly and doctor refused to give me cough syrup. ~_~ What should I do to get rid of this cough??
I am recovering from a bad flu too. Alhamdulillah the cough is gone, only left with slight runny nose. Yup, doctors sometimes refuse to give meds coz they are afraid it might be too strong for the baby. What i did was to rub a lot of 'bear rub' (somewhat like vicks but for kids) on the neck at night when going to sleep coz my cough was especially bad at night.

diza

I am recovering from a bad flu too. Alhamdulillah the cough is gone, only left with slight runny nose. Yup, doctors sometimes refuse to give meds coz they are afraid it might be too strong for the baby. What i did was to rub a lot of 'bear rub' (somewhat like vicks but for kids) on the neck at night when going to sleep coz my cough was especially bad at night.
K thanks.. I wanted to go KK but didn't want to waste money since my appt is this Friday. I've been vomitting phlegm/mucus quite a no of times today... I think that causes my cough.... doc only gave me those yellow medicine for flu, the usual panadol and lozenges...

Sweetoothz

I also got that kind of contractions bt dr said its BH.. Cz the interval is quite far apart.
27 is a few days away!!!! Good luck babe. Praying for ur smooth n safe delivery... =))

mosqeetoh

yah feels like very bad senses cramps! i had to stop still when the contraction came.
download the contraction timer app to accurately monitor ladies!!
it was ready helpful for me.

Ummi

its been a busy time for me ladies, caring for a newborn! Hope all of u are doing well and will continue to have a smooth journey till u pop :D

So I popped on 13th Apr, my edd was 17th Apr.

11th Apr - went for my check-up, dilated 2.5cm. Dr suzannah said she touched the baby's head, kinda high so must walk and do squats to bring it down for an easy labor. She explained that touching the baby's head will bring on natural labor and hence make things easy for me since I was having this pregnancy after 11 yrs gap from my first. I was spotting after the check-up. Which is supposed to be normal after a VE so didnt think much of it.

12th Apr - Still spotting, but in actual fact I lost the mucus plug! ANd went on to leak amniotic fluid but I thought it was just pink colored spotting. Started feeling mild contractions tdy.

AFternoon went shopping with my elder son, while having contractions lolz. By evening they were half hr apart but decided to sleep and have a gd rest. I was worried they will induce me and i'll end up having a longgggg labor!

13th apr - contractions 5 mins apart, told hubby lets get down to kkh after my son left for school in the morning. By the time they settled me in labor ward I was already 4cm dilated!! Was put on antibiotics drip cuz i was leaking for more than 24 hrs. Contractions got nearer and got the epidural cuz I was having problems breathing when the contractions came. ANd I thought I wanted to be a heroine with my 2nd child and go without painkillers!

SInce it was friday sent the hub off for friday prayers cuz didn't know how long the baby will take to come out.... and guess what, by the time hubby came back, baby was already on my chest! It was a smooth delivery, alhamdulillah. 2 pushes to get baby out and dr said just a small natural tear which needed 2-3 stitches. Total abt 5 hrs in labor. Dr suzannah was grt and so were the nurse and midwife. A much more pleasant experience compared to my first child. I guess kkh has brushed up on their service lolz.

Hang on there ladies, all the worries and pain are worth it once u see ur child! it's been an emotional experience for me to have another child after 11 yrs. I'm so grateful to the Almighty for the rezeki mashaAllah.

Now that I'm in confinement, there are other challenges to face! Soreness, constipation, engorged breast, rashes after the massage (i hav sensitive skin), tiredness, lack of sleep and rest etc etc etc lolz. Not able to do bengkung cuz of rashes on tummy.
Totally unable to squeeze milk out, there seem to be no holes on my nipples!!! Now milk is drying out :( both my kids didnt get my milk cuz of this problem.

anyways, I'm feeling better now that on the road to recovery. 10 days now. InshaAllah, u awesome ladies will have a safe delivery and wishing all of u gd health!
Congrats Mosqeetoh! :)

Anyway, for working mummies-to-be...how early do you apply the Maternity Leave? Do you take in advance of your EDD? Im at 32 weeks and the malas mood is here...Cant wait to take leave... :p

I took leave at 36th week. Exactly 28days b4 edd. Coz i was feeling so malas. Now in my 37th wk. at least can rest at home. Most mummies wld rather take later so tht they hv more time to spend with the baby. I guess it depends on individual. I'll be taking no pay leave after maternity leave is over. Wil only return to work nxt yr

Ummi

I took leave at 36th week. Exactly 28days b4 edd. Coz i was feeling so malas. Now in my 37th wk. at least can rest at home. Most mummies wld rather take later so tht they hv more time to spend with the baby. I guess it depends on individual. I'll be taking no pay leave after maternity leave is over. Wil only return to work nxt yr
waaaa so syiok la sampai next yr! Hmmm...i might take 2 weeks before EDD kot?

Anyway best of luck. May you have a safe delivery! Do update us ya. :)

Memang best coz long leave. But got to ikat perot. Cannot spend much coz i'll b relying on my hubby's income n my savings.
For my 1st child, i took frm 38th wk, 2nd child frm 37th wk, 3rd child frm 36th wk. haha.... Makin lama makin malas :)

diza

Went for normal check up and I got to know the gender! I'm expecting a prince!! Alhamdulillah... I actually wanted a prince as my first child but all along I though I was expecting a princess coz my MS was very bad and I have been dreaming a lot of random girls... So it was really a surprise to know there's a prince in me. Now time for name hunting! =D

zaclin29

where/how do u ladies hunt for baby's names ?
I dont know if those online sources are reliable.....
I'm thinking of getting a book for baby's name...
or anyone got a book that u wanna handover/pass on to the rest in this thread?? Hehe....

Sweetoothz

Name hunting is one of the hardest thing to do!!! Both me n hubs are very fickle n can't decide on a name! We went online n also from a book borrowed by a fren of mine.. Heheh.. Bt I guess we have narrowed down to like 2 names for our little princess... =))
Not only that, the placing of the Nur also took us days to confirm! Hehehe
Good luck ladies.. =))

diza

hunting for name is DEFINITELY interesting but tedious. I'm planning to use the internet to look for ideas and then i might ask my auntie who happens to be an ustazah or look up those books... even before i know the gender, i already planned to use Nur for girl or Muhammad for boys.. So definitely must have Muhammad. =D